1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. elainefiz
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lazy-gardener

slugs-knew I shouldnt have spoken too soon

My own experience with the nematodes is that although they are a bit pricy they normally work pretty well - you can have a conflict with the adult and juvenile slugs as I believe the nematodes...
    My own experience with the nematodes is that although they are a bit pricy they normally work pretty well - you can have a conflict with the adult and juvenile slugs as I believe the nematodes tend to target the infants - so you may have to use them in conjunction with something else for the...
    My own experience with the nematodes is that although they are a bit pricy they normally work pretty well - you can have a conflict with the adult and juvenile slugs as I believe the nematodes tend to target the infants - so you may have to use...
    My own experience with the nematodes is that although they are a bit pricy they normally work pretty well - you can have a conflict with the adult and juvenile slugs as I believe the nematodes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. steeev

Can anyone recognise these bugs ?

What happened to your piccies, steeev? If you need help posting pics try this link
    What happened to your piccies, steeev? If you need help posting pics try this link
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rosehip

aphids

This as the first year in a long time that my pansies have not been destroyed by aphids, maybe i've been lucky but this has been the coldest winter here for about 10 years and may have killed them...
    This as the first year in a long time that my pansies have not been destroyed by aphids, maybe i've been lucky but this has been the coldest winter here for about 10 years and may have killed them off. Normally they have thrived in the mild winters and sucked the life out of the plants. Problem...
    This as the first year in a long time that my pansies have not been destroyed by aphids, maybe i've been lucky but this has been the coldest winter here for about 10 years and may have killed them off. Normally they have thrived in the mild...
    This as the first year in a long time that my pansies have not been destroyed by aphids, maybe i've been lucky but this has been the coldest winter here for about 10 years and may have killed them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete

Black spot on yucca

dendrobium, I'm grovelling. :D :D :D and Petes Agarve is "dead in the pot". :D :D :D
    dendrobium, I'm grovelling. :D :D :D and Petes Agarve is "dead in the pot". :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Candyshandy

Help - my plants are dying again

Thanks Pete,I drained the water away once they became moist, Mum has the same problem. She thinks they may have been overwatered for the journey :(
    Thanks Pete,I drained the water away once they became moist, Mum has the same problem. She thinks they may have been overwatered for the journey :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. roders

PESTS .......BEWARE

Hope Waco doesn't read my rant in the humour thread.! :eek: No beetle yet but I only have one stargazer to look out for.
    Hope Waco doesn't read my rant in the humour thread.! :eek: No beetle yet but I only have one stargazer to look out for.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. hans

Peach infection

The way it works is it has a advance party that sets up camp further along the stem or stems. Then one of them tips up and lays loads of white eggs, not unlike a spiders, and stays put while the...
    The way it works is it has a advance party that sets up camp further along the stem or stems. Then one of them tips up and lays loads of white eggs, not unlike a spiders, and stays put while the rest march on. I thought it was some sort of spider a few years ago but no it is not. Before they tip...
    The way it works is it has a advance party that sets up camp further along the stem or stems. Then one of them tips up and lays loads of white eggs, not unlike a spiders, and stays put while the rest march on. I thought it was some sort of spider...
    The way it works is it has a advance party that sets up camp further along the stem or stems. Then one of them tips up and lays loads of white eggs, not unlike a spiders, and stays put while the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Neroli

Organic control of Hollyhock Weevil

Does anyone have any advice on how to control these creatures using organic methods? They are busy eating the leaves and copulating all over them. Please help!!
    Does anyone have any advice on how to control these creatures using organic methods? They are busy eating the leaves and copulating all over them. Please help!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TRACY=ANNE

Black dust/sut like deposits

Thanks to you all for the information. Now I have a name, I have looked again and have found a good link regarding sooty mould. It is:http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactSheets/sooty/sootymold.htm
    Thanks to you all for the information. Now I have a name, I have looked again and have found a good link regarding sooty mould. It is:http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactSheets/sooty/sootymold.htm
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Liz

Lilac problems- another tale of woe!

Thanks Rossco. They are both in pots so I will plant them and feed them. I hesitated about planting the 4yr old as it's quite big now and if it doesn't flower it would be a waste of effort, but...
    Thanks Rossco. They are both in pots so I will plant them and feed them. I hesitated about planting the 4yr old as it's quite big now and if it doesn't flower it would be a waste of effort, but you're probably right about the pots! The little one was left out the previous year and it did flower...
    Thanks Rossco. They are both in pots so I will plant them and feed them. I hesitated about planting the 4yr old as it's quite big now and if it doesn't flower it would be a waste of effort, but you're probably right about the pots! The little...
    Thanks Rossco. They are both in pots so I will plant them and feed them. I hesitated about planting the 4yr old as it's quite big now and if it doesn't flower it would be a waste of effort, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. darlie chimmock

lily beetle

Provado Ultimate Bug Killer aerosol containing 0.025% imidacloprid and 0.05% methiocarb does for these within minutes. At this time of the year I patrol the garden in the early morning and can...
    Provado Ultimate Bug Killer aerosol containing 0.025% imidacloprid and 0.05% methiocarb does for these within minutes. At this time of the year I patrol the garden in the early morning and can usually catch them "two at a time", which doesn't seem fair I know, but cest la vie. At least they pass...
    Provado Ultimate Bug Killer aerosol containing 0.025% imidacloprid and 0.05% methiocarb does for these within minutes. At this time of the year I patrol the garden in the early morning and can usually catch them "two at a time", which doesn't...
    Provado Ultimate Bug Killer aerosol containing 0.025% imidacloprid and 0.05% methiocarb does for these within minutes. At this time of the year I patrol the garden in the early morning and can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. DAG

Insects - friend or foe

Thanks for reply everybody, I take it as a foe then! Hope not to see them very often! :( :(Thanks again
    Thanks for reply everybody, I take it as a foe then! Hope not to see them very often! :( :(Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lenton Rose

White Grubs

No Dendy thats my other greenhouse------Its the Google greenhouse,plants grown for medicinal purposes only.........
    No Dendy thats my other greenhouse------Its the Google greenhouse,plants grown for medicinal purposes only.........
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Stillthirsty

What is destroying my plants?

It'll keep you fit, Stillthirsty, and you could probably do with the odd glass after (or even during!) to make it more pleasant. Or even eat all your easter eggs to help give you plenty of energy...
    It'll keep you fit, Stillthirsty, and you could probably do with the odd glass after (or even during!) to make it more pleasant. Or even eat all your easter eggs to help give you plenty of energy for the task ahead! ;)
    It'll keep you fit, Stillthirsty, and you could probably do with the odd glass after (or even during!) to make it more pleasant. Or even eat all your easter eggs to help give you plenty of energy for the task ahead! ;)
    It'll keep you fit, Stillthirsty, and you could probably do with the odd glass after (or even during!) to make it more pleasant. Or even eat all your easter eggs to help give you plenty of energy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. catinwaiting

Rabbits!

OLD TOPIC FOUND HERE;)Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. paul f

white grubs

thanks to all for your kind help paul
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. petal

Violet Infestation

plant them up in containers or baskes and give them to friends, sell them or give them to a plant sale!!
    plant them up in containers or baskes and give them to friends, sell them or give them to a plant sale!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ohbe

Slugs, YUK!

Make yourself a couple of small wooden homes for hedgehogs to live in ,put them in a nice quiet corner, and let them eat the slugs naturally. www.michaellock.forumup.co.uk
    Make yourself a couple of small wooden homes for hedgehogs to live in ,put them in a nice quiet corner, and let them eat the slugs naturally. www.michaellock.forumup.co.uk
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. DavieM

White Fly ?

If you have a small outbreak you could gently rub the scales (eggs) off of the undersides of the leaves and squashing any adults at the same time. Laborious I know but it helps reduce the...
    If you have a small outbreak you could gently rub the scales (eggs) off of the undersides of the leaves and squashing any adults at the same time. Laborious I know but it helps reduce the spread.I do it on our trichophyla fuchsias once a week.
    If you have a small outbreak you could gently rub the scales (eggs) off of the undersides of the leaves and squashing any adults at the same time. Laborious I know but it helps reduce the spread.I do it on our trichophyla fuchsias once a week.
    If you have a small outbreak you could gently rub the scales (eggs) off of the undersides of the leaves and squashing any adults at the same time. Laborious I know but it helps reduce the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice