1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Head Gardener's Dogsbody

Advice on Acer palmatum leaf problems please :-)

Hi @Head Gardener's Dogsbody I'm no Acer expert however I had a very similar one for a good few years in a pot and it was very happy until spring this year when after coming into leaf for a few...
    Hi @Head Gardener's Dogsbody I'm no Acer expert however I had a very similar one for a good few years in a pot and it was very happy until spring this year when after coming into leaf for a few weeks did exactly the same and died. I emptied the pot and went through the soil and it was full of...
    Hi @Head Gardener's Dogsbody I'm no Acer expert however I had a very similar one for a good few years in a pot and it was very happy until spring this year when after coming into leaf for a few weeks did exactly the same and died. I emptied the...
    Hi @Head Gardener's Dogsbody I'm no Acer expert however I had a very similar one for a good few years in a pot and it was very happy until spring this year when after coming into leaf for a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Grandma Sue

Lily beetle 2022

I collect the adults and usually just squash them. As for the larvae, I use the garden hose to spray the lilies from beneath. The larvae usually drop and can't get up to the plant again. If a leaf...
    I collect the adults and usually just squash them. As for the larvae, I use the garden hose to spray the lilies from beneath. The larvae usually drop and can't get up to the plant again. If a leaf is full of them, I cut of the whole leaf and just throw it in the bin.
    I collect the adults and usually just squash them. As for the larvae, I use the garden hose to spray the lilies from beneath. The larvae usually drop and can't get up to the plant again. If a leaf is full of them, I cut of the whole leaf and just...
    I collect the adults and usually just squash them. As for the larvae, I use the garden hose to spray the lilies from beneath. The larvae usually drop and can't get up to the plant again. If a leaf...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. clanless

Downy mildew

I think it must be powdery mildew that I get on Violas in one part of the garden. So far the Violas in another area have been ok, fingers crossed, but I want to be one step ahead of it and try to...
    I think it must be powdery mildew that I get on Violas in one part of the garden. So far the Violas in another area have been ok, fingers crossed, but I want to be one step ahead of it and try to understand how to deal with it. I think it is the part of the garden that gets most sun where they...
    I think it must be powdery mildew that I get on Violas in one part of the garden. So far the Violas in another area have been ok, fingers crossed, but I want to be one step ahead of it and try to understand how to deal with it. I think it is...
    I think it must be powdery mildew that I get on Violas in one part of the garden. So far the Violas in another area have been ok, fingers crossed, but I want to be one step ahead of it and try to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. groundbeetle

What is ailing this rose?

Good morning with respect I am not to sure that it is the "SB P.I"that is to blame growing a Rose from seed is a minefield but I do agree with our good friend @Sheal with a proviso that I would...
    Good morning with respect I am not to sure that it is the "SB P.I"that is to blame growing a Rose from seed is a minefield but I do agree with our good friend @Sheal with a proviso that I would repott the Rose when it is in its dormant state using fresh John Innes No 3
    Good morning with respect I am not to sure that it is the "SB P.I"that is to blame growing a Rose from seed is a minefield but I do agree with our good friend @Sheal with a proviso that I would repott the Rose when it is in its dormant state...
    Good morning with respect I am not to sure that it is the "SB P.I"that is to blame growing a Rose from seed is a minefield but I do agree with our good friend @Sheal with a proviso that I would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. groundbeetle

Can anyone identify these larvae?

I couldn't get that article, it is either subscription only or not available in the UK.I planted a few interesting plants recently, hoping to attract beneficial insects, such as a lilac Achillea...
    I couldn't get that article, it is either subscription only or not available in the UK.I planted a few interesting plants recently, hoping to attract beneficial insects, such as a lilac Achillea (Yarrow) which is already flowering well, an Eryngium zabelii (Sea Holly) which isn't flowering yet...
    I couldn't get that article, it is either subscription only or not available in the UK.I planted a few interesting plants recently, hoping to attract beneficial insects, such as a lilac Achillea (Yarrow) which is already flowering well, an...
    I couldn't get that article, it is either subscription only or not available in the UK.I planted a few interesting plants recently, hoping to attract beneficial insects, such as a lilac Achillea...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Aaron Johnston

Are these maggots?

It should all be Ok then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Aaron Johnston

Is this a moth?

Thank you. I have purchased some Diatomaceous Earth and I already have neem oil and castile soap for pests.
    Thank you. I have purchased some Diatomaceous Earth and I already have neem oil and castile soap for pests.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. daisybelle

Eggs in compost?

Just coming back to report, it was a fungus of some sort, starting budding off a little bit, so I’ve kept using it
    Just coming back to report, it was a fungus of some sort, starting budding off a little bit, so I’ve kept using it
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mazambo

Beetle?

I like your logic.:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jenny Cambridge

Dahlia - bugs or disease?

We usually have a small bed of Dahlias which at some point get BlackFly which we used to use a spray, but last year we just left them and let nature do its work. We lost a few shoots to them but...
    We usually have a small bed of Dahlias which at some point get BlackFly which we used to use a spray, but last year we just left them and let nature do its work. We lost a few shoots to them but the ladybirds and other creature actually clean them off, and within a coupe of weeks it all looked...
    We usually have a small bed of Dahlias which at some point get BlackFly which we used to use a spray, but last year we just left them and let nature do its work. We lost a few shoots to them but the ladybirds and other creature actually clean...
    We usually have a small bed of Dahlias which at some point get BlackFly which we used to use a spray, but last year we just left them and let nature do its work. We lost a few shoots to them but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Upsydaisy

Heuchera help please

Ok Michael thanks. I'll attempt a makeover tomorrow, it's driving me nuts sitting here looking at it.
    Ok Michael thanks. I'll attempt a makeover tomorrow, it's driving me nuts sitting here looking at it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. daisybelle

Thrips on rose?

They look a bit thripsy. There is so many things that hide under the leaves, it's hard to keep track
    They look a bit thripsy. There is so many things that hide under the leaves, it's hard to keep track
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. adf2410

Portuguese laurel new growth shrivelling

Hi,I have a small (2' tall) portuguese laurel which had loads of new growth and looked really healthy, but now all the new growth has shrivelled up. I've attached some photos and would be really...
    Hi,I have a small (2' tall) portuguese laurel which had loads of new growth and looked really healthy, but now all the new growth has shrivelled up. I've attached some photos and would be really grateful if someone could tell me what the problem is likely to be, and more importantly, how to...
    Hi,I have a small (2' tall) portuguese laurel which had loads of new growth and looked really healthy, but now all the new growth has shrivelled up. I've attached some photos and would be really grateful if someone could tell me what the...
    Hi,I have a small (2' tall) portuguese laurel which had loads of new growth and looked really healthy, but now all the new growth has shrivelled up. I've attached some photos and would be really...
    IMG_0976.jpeg IMG_0979.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MR DARREN HOPPING

Conifer is dying?

Another question, how long has it been there?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. groundbeetle

What is happening to my Feverfew's leaves?

I suppose it is like eating the chocolate and leaving the cabbage!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Ants!

That sounds like fun :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lindyco

Iris buds deformed and mushy

Thank you, Spruce. Good to know it's only the weather that's caused it. Cheers. lindyco
    Thank you, Spruce. Good to know it's only the weather that's caused it. Cheers. lindyco
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Eric Lai

Many Many little UFO( inclassified flying object)

I find that my Drosera capensis plants catch a lot of them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kitte

What is ailing my Eleagnus ?

I this is the one @Spruce is referring to Elaeagnus sucker / RHS Gardening
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mazambo

Fungicide spray, can anyone recommend?

I cant imagine something that grows in a bog needing a fungicidal spray in order to grow.:biggrin: People like to make things sound difficult, but that's just my thinking.Not grown Venus flytrap from...
    I cant imagine something that grows in a bog needing a fungicidal spray in order to grow.:biggrin: People like to make things sound difficult, but that's just my thinking.Not grown Venus flytrap from seed but I have grown Sarracenias, they are painfully slow for the first two years, I would imagine...
    I cant imagine something that grows in a bog needing a fungicidal spray in order to grow.:biggrin: People like to make things sound difficult, but that's just my thinking.Not grown Venus flytrap from seed but I have grown Sarracenias, they are painfully...
    I cant imagine something that grows in a bog needing a fungicidal spray in order to grow.:biggrin: People like to make things sound difficult, but that's just my thinking.Not grown Venus flytrap from...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice