1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. chkm8

My Maple is dying

I can't access your photograph , but are you sure you are not overwatering this tree?
    I can't access your photograph , but are you sure you are not overwatering this tree?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. carolS

advice on mouldy Crab Apple

These are Malus sargentii apples.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sandy Loam

Snails -- no trouble?

In London where, would that be?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scotkat

Ceanothus looking poorly

If it is deciduous then my guess would be that its just colouring up early. Its been a funny year and many trees down here have decided to "call it a day", early.
    If it is deciduous then my guess would be that its just colouring up early. Its been a funny year and many trees down here have decided to "call it a day", early.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Banana Man

Flies on my Dasylirion...

Yeah, I think my seedlings have a long way to go. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. accidentalgardener

MASS EXODUS OF SLUGS!

i have a lack of slugs but not snails but i wont go into that :mad: keepin getting the odd snail half way up my front door ooohhhhh
    i have a lack of slugs but not snails but i wont go into that :mad: keepin getting the odd snail half way up my front door ooohhhhh
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. seeker of knowledge

The mountaineering mole

Hi Seeker Of Knowledge, contrary to common beleif, moles don't just burry underground, they will also travel above ground at night, when it is quietest, so my guess is it's climbed up there.
    Hi Seeker Of Knowledge, contrary to common beleif, moles don't just burry underground, they will also travel above ground at night, when it is quietest, so my guess is it's climbed up there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. compost maker

Whats tis bark disease

Hi Will the bark grow back then? Do you know what caused it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. compost maker

Canker on Gleditsia HELP

Hopefully this will help identify it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Celia

poorly skimmia

Hi Fran, it's planted in the ground in a raised bed. The soil isn't particularly good and doesn't retain moisture too well but everything else is growing really well. The nasturtiums are sending...
    Hi Fran, it's planted in the ground in a raised bed. The soil isn't particularly good and doesn't retain moisture too well but everything else is growing really well. The nasturtiums are sending out shoots all over the garden, the magnolia is fine as is the other skimmia which is a male/female...
    Hi Fran, it's planted in the ground in a raised bed. The soil isn't particularly good and doesn't retain moisture too well but everything else is growing really well. The nasturtiums are sending out shoots all over the garden, the magnolia is...
    Hi Fran, it's planted in the ground in a raised bed. The soil isn't particularly good and doesn't retain moisture too well but everything else is growing really well. The nasturtiums are sending...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. manderson60

Rust

OK thanks I'll have a look.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Belto

Is This a Vine Weevil

No, definitely not a weevil. It is a ground beetle and it would be in your beer trap because it eats slugs. Weevils all have long 'noses with the final pair of antenna emerging from the end rather...
    No, definitely not a weevil. It is a ground beetle and it would be in your beer trap because it eats slugs. Weevils all have long 'noses with the final pair of antenna emerging from the end rather than just behind it as in beetles, Google Vine Weevil images for some very useful identification...
    No, definitely not a weevil. It is a ground beetle and it would be in your beer trap because it eats slugs. Weevils all have long 'noses with the final pair of antenna emerging from the end rather than just behind it as in beetles, Google Vine...
    No, definitely not a weevil. It is a ground beetle and it would be in your beer trap because it eats slugs. Weevils all have long 'noses with the final pair of antenna emerging from the end rather...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Muddy

Bedding plants dying - what now?

Keep your seeds in the fridge until you want to sow them in Spring, they have a better start this way. Buzzing around!
    Keep your seeds in the fridge until you want to sow them in Spring, they have a better start this way. Buzzing around!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. cajary

Pesky Rabbit

Cajary,My manA perfect end to a wonderful 'it happened to me' story :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. accidentalgardener

Weigela Monet in trouble

Fran,Now i am getting the use of my arm back i have taken over doing a lot of the gardening again :D boy did it pain me to relinquish control of my beloved garden over to the lads.The...
    Fran,Now i am getting the use of my arm back i have taken over doing a lot of the gardening again :D boy did it pain me to relinquish control of my beloved garden over to the lads.The Monet's are picking up it would seem, but with the bit of rain we have had it's too soon to tell.I...
    Fran,Now i am getting the use of my arm back i have taken over doing a lot of the gardening again :D boy did it pain me to relinquish control of my beloved garden over to the lads.The Monet's are picking up it would seem, but with the bit...
    Fran,Now i am getting the use of my arm back i have taken over doing a lot of the gardening again :D boy did it pain me to relinquish control of my beloved garden over to the lads.The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Howard

Rabbits

"FATHER OF TEN SHOT DEAD " mistaken for a rabbit..
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. accidentalgardener

Salix dying

Did what you said, haven't pruned it back yet as has bud leaves on what i thought were dead branches, but this is it's state as of today, thanks for your help :D
    Did what you said, haven't pruned it back yet as has bud leaves on what i thought were dead branches, but this is it's state as of today, thanks for your help :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dorsetmike

Pests and diseases

And people don't read stickies anyway!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. David G

Jonagold Apple trouble (emergency)

Hi Dave There Is a Nursery .PerryHill Nurseries In Hartfield East Sussex That lists Jonagold apple trees.Good luck
    Hi Dave There Is a Nursery .PerryHill Nurseries In Hartfield East Sussex That lists Jonagold apple trees.Good luck
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Andrew s

wood lice

Andrew woodlice can be beneficial they help to breakdown organic matter read this link before you blitz them. http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/wlice.htm
    Andrew woodlice can be beneficial they help to breakdown organic matter read this link before you blitz them. http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/wlice.htm
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice