1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. seeker of knowledge

Mole Power

that would be 'incorrectly' not 'wrongly'!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jaycee

Beetles

Thanks guys I'm on their case!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria

Sticky Stuff on Leaves

A nice reward for all that work
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mc30b

Brown patches

Hi, it ceratainly is very 'brown'. Aboves reasons sound good. I'd probably give the whole lot a good raking and watering and sow loads of new grass seeds, and see if that helps any, but i'm not a...
    Hi, it ceratainly is very 'brown'. Aboves reasons sound good. I'd probably give the whole lot a good raking and watering and sow loads of new grass seeds, and see if that helps any, but i'm not a gardner, just what i'd probably do.
    Hi, it ceratainly is very 'brown'. Aboves reasons sound good. I'd probably give the whole lot a good raking and watering and sow loads of new grass seeds, and see if that helps any, but i'm not a gardner, just what i'd probably do.
    Hi, it ceratainly is very 'brown'. Aboves reasons sound good. I'd probably give the whole lot a good raking and watering and sow loads of new grass seeds, and see if that helps any, but i'm not a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jack by the hedge

Soapsuds

Palustris speaking about Jaye's fluid,how i hate that stuff i wish it were illegal.my neighbour uses it quite often to wash down his concrete garden,i have to close all windows and doors i have...
    Palustris speaking about Jaye's fluid,how i hate that stuff i wish it were illegal.my neighbour uses it quite often to wash down his concrete garden,i have to close all windows and doors i have asked him nicely to try diluting it ,but no way he just chucks it down.after a while it smells like...
    Palustris speaking about Jaye's fluid,how i hate that stuff i wish it were illegal.my neighbour uses it quite often to wash down his concrete garden,i have to close all windows and doors i have asked him nicely to try diluting it ,but no way he ...
    Palustris speaking about Jaye's fluid,how i hate that stuff i wish it were illegal.my neighbour uses it quite often to wash down his concrete garden,i have to close all windows and doors i have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. pip

Gardenias gone yellow.

I dont`t know what compost she has used but I am visiting next week and I will find out more, take some pictures also
    I dont`t know what compost she has used but I am visiting next week and I will find out more, take some pictures also
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. windy miller

Tiny white flies...

I think they might have gone...well off that Lily anyway :rolleyes: I flushed them out with the hosepipe and there doesn't seem to be anymore....yet?????? Will keep watchI've got enough...
    I think they might have gone...well off that Lily anyway :rolleyes: I flushed them out with the hosepipe and there doesn't seem to be anymore....yet?????? Will keep watchI've got enough problems with slugs, I don't need flies aswell :mad:Do they hurt the plant Dai?? If so, how should I...
    I think they might have gone...well off that Lily anyway :rolleyes: I flushed them out with the hosepipe and there doesn't seem to be anymore....yet?????? Will keep watchI've got enough problems with slugs, I don't need flies aswell :mad: ...
    I think they might have gone...well off that Lily anyway :rolleyes: I flushed them out with the hosepipe and there doesn't seem to be anymore....yet?????? Will keep watchI've got enough...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mel

small white things!

Got to admit that I have never come across anything like this. Cacti wise, that is. Just a thought, but cacti, although they need water, should always really be in drought conditions.
    Got to admit that I have never come across anything like this. Cacti wise, that is. Just a thought, but cacti, although they need water, should always really be in drought conditions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Larkshall

Grey Squirrels (Tree Rats)

Absolutely right, Jack. When the "Soaps" come on I play with the computer. Unlikel;y to grt much damage from "Reds", they live on Brownsea Isloand, all the best, sorry about the spelling Caitlyn,...
    Absolutely right, Jack. When the "Soaps" come on I play with the computer. Unlikel;y to grt much damage from "Reds", they live on Brownsea Isloand, all the best, sorry about the spelling Caitlyn, my g-daughter is sitting on my lap!
    Absolutely right, Jack. When the "Soaps" come on I play with the computer. Unlikel;y to grt much damage from "Reds", they live on Brownsea Isloand, all the best, sorry about the spelling Caitlyn, my g-daughter is sitting on my lap!
    Absolutely right, Jack. When the "Soaps" come on I play with the computer. Unlikel;y to grt much damage from "Reds", they live on Brownsea Isloand, all the best, sorry about the spelling Caitlyn,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Johnny

Oystershell Scale

Still just a stick of a 3 foot shrub, but always green when I look under the bark.
    Still just a stick of a 3 foot shrub, but always green when I look under the bark.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sunshine2

Hibiscus covered by blackfly

Me again, just in case anyone out there is interested, I found out that these caterpillers are friendly (after I panicked and killed a few) and they eat black and greenkfly.That's why they went...
    Me again, just in case anyone out there is interested, I found out that these caterpillers are friendly (after I panicked and killed a few) and they eat black and greenkfly.That's why they went black when squashed!! Durrr I gather they are the larvae of the hoverfly.
    Me again, just in case anyone out there is interested, I found out that these caterpillers are friendly (after I panicked and killed a few) and they eat black and greenkfly.That's why they went black when squashed!! Durrr I gather they are the...
    Me again, just in case anyone out there is interested, I found out that these caterpillers are friendly (after I panicked and killed a few) and they eat black and greenkfly.That's why they went...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. chobart

lily beetle

Just googled, as I have (luckily) not come across this pest. Interesting page about them - thought it might be of...
    Just googled, as I have (luckily) not come across this pest. Interesting page about them - thought it might be of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lynne

snails - friend or foe

Interesting - thanks Walnut
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Yellowing Leaves

Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water...
    Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water and recently some rose food.It doesn`t seem to have affected its growth as it`s already hit the...
    Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water and recently some rose food.It doesn`t seem to...
    Hi,sorry to hyjack but i`m having a similar problem with this climbing rose.The leaves are going yellow and also very brittle.Not all but dotted about including new leaves.I give it loads of water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Waco

Lilly bulb bug?

Could these grubs be the offspring of the dreaded weavil, if so you are in deadly trouble.
    Could these grubs be the offspring of the dreaded weavil, if so you are in deadly trouble.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sharon

Spring greens with unwelcome visitors

I think hopefully they have gone, went to the garden centre and bought some stuff that you can spray on cabbages and still eat that day, not that they are ready yet, but i guess that means its not...
    I think hopefully they have gone, went to the garden centre and bought some stuff that you can spray on cabbages and still eat that day, not that they are ready yet, but i guess that means its not too dangerous stuff. Last night the curl in the leaves had gone and i couldnt see anything so...
    I think hopefully they have gone, went to the garden centre and bought some stuff that you can spray on cabbages and still eat that day, not that they are ready yet, but i guess that means its not too dangerous stuff. Last night the curl in the...
    I think hopefully they have gone, went to the garden centre and bought some stuff that you can spray on cabbages and still eat that day, not that they are ready yet, but i guess that means its not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Liz

Something eating the slug pellets

Pete, you are right as usual, it is ferric phosphate. I don't use the metaldehyde ones because of the danger to other creatures. My greenhouse is securely closed at night, which is when the...
    Pete, you are right as usual, it is ferric phosphate. I don't use the metaldehyde ones because of the danger to other creatures. My greenhouse is securely closed at night, which is when the pellets disappear. could be a rodent burrowing in, I suppose, I am just puzzled by the apparent lack of...
    Pete, you are right as usual, it is ferric phosphate. I don't use the metaldehyde ones because of the danger to other creatures. My greenhouse is securely closed at night, which is when the pellets disappear. could be a rodent burrowing in, I...
    Pete, you are right as usual, it is ferric phosphate. I don't use the metaldehyde ones because of the danger to other creatures. My greenhouse is securely closed at night, which is when the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rich

Ugly bugs

Dave W and pete I used a toothbrush and meths on woolly aphis that was on eight of my apple trees. It eventually got rid of it. I don't know whether it works on other nasties.
    Dave W and pete I used a toothbrush and meths on woolly aphis that was on eight of my apple trees. It eventually got rid of it. I don't know whether it works on other nasties.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. naepace

My Azalea leaves are being eaten to death !

Hi Naepace, to me the plant in the first picture looks as if it is suffering from scorch damage, this happens when water droplets stay on the leaves and act as a magnifying glass for the sun or...
    Hi Naepace, to me the plant in the first picture looks as if it is suffering from scorch damage, this happens when water droplets stay on the leaves and act as a magnifying glass for the sun or for cold winds, the second pplant looks to be suffering from slug or snail damage. David
    Hi Naepace, to me the plant in the first picture looks as if it is suffering from scorch damage, this happens when water droplets stay on the leaves and act as a magnifying glass for the sun or for cold winds, the second pplant looks to be...
    Hi Naepace, to me the plant in the first picture looks as if it is suffering from scorch damage, this happens when water droplets stay on the leaves and act as a magnifying glass for the sun or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Palustris

Root aphids

I have been known to soak root balls in malathion to kill off ants that have built nests in pots, and its done no harm to the plant. Cant think what you could use these days though. If you give...
    I have been known to soak root balls in malathion to kill off ants that have built nests in pots, and its done no harm to the plant. Cant think what you could use these days though. If you give it a good soak then presumably a contact killer would work.
    I have been known to soak root balls in malathion to kill off ants that have built nests in pots, and its done no harm to the plant. Cant think what you could use these days though. If you give it a good soak then presumably a contact killer...
    I have been known to soak root balls in malathion to kill off ants that have built nests in pots, and its done no harm to the plant. Cant think what you could use these days though. If you give...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice