1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. b4cvm

bLACK SOOTY DEPOSITS

If you followed the instructions, then no.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. geoff

Lilly Beetle

I found some lilly beetles on mine too. Didn't know what they were until I saw roders pic above. Aren't the little blighters copulating in that pic!!?
    I found some lilly beetles on mine too. Didn't know what they were until I saw roders pic above. Aren't the little blighters copulating in that pic!!?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. r2oo

Damping off.....your experiences/solutions please!

Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the...
    Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the bank first thing in the morning!!
    Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the bank first thing in the morning!!
    Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. boygardener

White fly

We have white fly flying about in Kent. I also have loads of whitely in my compost. Do you think this will affect white fly in the rest of the garden? :(
    We have white fly flying about in Kent. I also have loads of whitely in my compost. Do you think this will affect white fly in the rest of the garden? :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lapod

slugs

Wow thanks everyone I am going to try all of those. Will let you know how i get on. I odnt wan tto start using pellets again as htre are a lot of nice robins attached to the garden.
    Wow thanks everyone I am going to try all of those. Will let you know how i get on. I odnt wan tto start using pellets again as htre are a lot of nice robins attached to the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. weyms

little white flies

I have a massive amount of white flies in my compost heap and have had all through the winter. I do find that they love the kitchen waste and don't like lawn cuttings and news paper/cardboard etc....
    I have a massive amount of white flies in my compost heap and have had all through the winter. I do find that they love the kitchen waste and don't like lawn cuttings and news paper/cardboard etc. So probabley covering the kitchen waste with some of the other might do it. But everyone tells me...
    I have a massive amount of white flies in my compost heap and have had all through the winter. I do find that they love the kitchen waste and don't like lawn cuttings and news paper/cardboard etc. So probabley covering the kitchen waste with some...
    I have a massive amount of white flies in my compost heap and have had all through the winter. I do find that they love the kitchen waste and don't like lawn cuttings and news paper/cardboard etc....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Claire75

Solar / other type of mosquito killer

Yes Walnut, you are right. It is CO2. My memory is not what it used to be. Who am I, by the way?
    Yes Walnut, you are right. It is CO2. My memory is not what it used to be. Who am I, by the way?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kevin the Gardener

Rabbit problem

We have also had problems with rabbits! They loved one of my shrubs - I think it is called "Red Robin" ! Like you, I thought I would try herbs and I can tell you that they definitely do like the...
    We have also had problems with rabbits! They loved one of my shrubs - I think it is called "Red Robin" ! Like you, I thought I would try herbs and I can tell you that they definitely do like the curry plant! They also delighted in chives and parsley!
    We have also had problems with rabbits! They loved one of my shrubs - I think it is called "Red Robin" ! Like you, I thought I would try herbs and I can tell you that they definitely do like the curry plant! They also delighted in chives and...
    We have also had problems with rabbits! They loved one of my shrubs - I think it is called "Red Robin" ! Like you, I thought I would try herbs and I can tell you that they definitely do like the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mowgley

Are these Vine weevil?

Also Kaycee,they play dead like the Vine Weevil does :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SAS

green bugs

Ah, I did wonder if that would do! Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. caromag

rabbits....grrrrr!!

Hi caromag I've just been talking to some friends from France. They have a 10 acre garden and a local farmer told them that you can keep rabbits away by making up a mixture of water and milk that...
    Hi caromag I've just been talking to some friends from France. They have a 10 acre garden and a local farmer told them that you can keep rabbits away by making up a mixture of water and milk that has gone off and spraying it around the circumference of the area you want to keep them away...
    Hi caromag I've just been talking to some friends from France. They have a 10 acre garden and a local farmer told them that you can keep rabbits away by making up a mixture of water and milk that has gone off and spraying it around the...
    Hi caromag I've just been talking to some friends from France. They have a 10 acre garden and a local farmer told them that you can keep rabbits away by making up a mixture of water and milk that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dragonlady

More affected leaves !

Interested to hear you had large red spot problems though unfortunately can't help. I have started getting them on my phormiums and wanted advice. I cut the leaves off and burn them but new ones...
    Interested to hear you had large red spot problems though unfortunately can't help. I have started getting them on my phormiums and wanted advice. I cut the leaves off and burn them but new ones arrive even though the plants look otherwise healthy. Wonder if it is the same problem?
    Interested to hear you had large red spot problems though unfortunately can't help. I have started getting them on my phormiums and wanted advice. I cut the leaves off and burn them but new ones arrive even though the plants look otherwise...
    Interested to hear you had large red spot problems though unfortunately can't help. I have started getting them on my phormiums and wanted advice. I cut the leaves off and burn them but new ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Peter G

White grubs in soil

Many thanks for the ID, it would appear that it is indeed a Chafer grub and it seems that Nemasys produce a nematode to control it.At a particular time in summer we do get plagued by hundreds of...
    Many thanks for the ID, it would appear that it is indeed a Chafer grub and it seems that Nemasys produce a nematode to control it.At a particular time in summer we do get plagued by hundreds of beetles flying all over the lawn and it seems this is the cause, so I might lash out the cash for...
    Many thanks for the ID, it would appear that it is indeed a Chafer grub and it seems that Nemasys produce a nematode to control it.At a particular time in summer we do get plagued by hundreds of beetles flying all over the lawn and it seems...
    Many thanks for the ID, it would appear that it is indeed a Chafer grub and it seems that Nemasys produce a nematode to control it.At a particular time in summer we do get plagued by hundreds of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lazy-gardener

giant slugs in my garden!!

I only throw ones which are eating my plants. I'm hoping that the slug-eating slugs are dedicated carnivores.... :D
    I only throw ones which are eating my plants. I'm hoping that the slug-eating slugs are dedicated carnivores.... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dizzzylizzzy

creepy crawlies

yes pete, these are salvia. they look really healthy and are growing well. 4 leaves on most of them. That last statement might sound a bit iffy to some of you. I'm really new to gardening.
    yes pete, these are salvia. they look really healthy and are growing well. 4 leaves on most of them. That last statement might sound a bit iffy to some of you. I'm really new to gardening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dave W

Vine Weevil on Begonia Corms

Carolla - the adult beetles will not be killed by pravado - they may be the cause of your holey leaves - though there are many other culprits.Holes in leaves, I can live with roots being chewed...
    Carolla - the adult beetles will not be killed by pravado - they may be the cause of your holey leaves - though there are many other culprits.Holes in leaves, I can live with roots being chewed off I can not.
    Carolla - the adult beetles will not be killed by pravado - they may be the cause of your holey leaves - though there are many other culprits.Holes in leaves, I can live with roots being chewed off I can not.
    Carolla - the adult beetles will not be killed by pravado - they may be the cause of your holey leaves - though there are many other culprits.Holes in leaves, I can live with roots being chewed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jjordie

Gooseberry Bush Sawflies

How do you get rid of sawflies from gooseberry bushes? Is it best to spray early in the year and if so, what spray is it best to use? organic if possible
    How do you get rid of sawflies from gooseberry bushes? Is it best to spray early in the year and if so, what spray is it best to use? organic if possible
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. asianmaze

WEB WORM?

thought I'd do an update on this. All the leaves grew back and the worms didn't reappear, which was a great relief. We're waiting to see what happens next summer...Happy New Year to all
    thought I'd do an update on this. All the leaves grew back and the worms didn't reappear, which was a great relief. We're waiting to see what happens next summer...Happy New Year to all
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. compostee
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tig

sycamore/ fungal disease?

My trees get it too Tig I have just ignored it
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice