1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. jjordie

Gooseberry Bush Sawflies

How do you get rid of sawflies from gooseberry bushes? Is it best to spray early in the year and if so, what spray is it best to use? organic if possible
    How do you get rid of sawflies from gooseberry bushes? Is it best to spray early in the year and if so, what spray is it best to use? organic if possible
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. asianmaze

WEB WORM?

thought I'd do an update on this. All the leaves grew back and the worms didn't reappear, which was a great relief. We're waiting to see what happens next summer...Happy New Year to all
    thought I'd do an update on this. All the leaves grew back and the worms didn't reappear, which was a great relief. We're waiting to see what happens next summer...Happy New Year to all
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. compostee
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. tig

sycamore/ fungal disease?

My trees get it too Tig I have just ignored it
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Liz

Pest or bulbs?

Elaine, most of my lilies are in pots because we have squirrels round here, and they love lily bulbs. I thought I 'd try these in the border near to the house- I have dogs and cats and I hope they...
    Elaine, most of my lilies are in pots because we have squirrels round here, and they love lily bulbs. I thought I 'd try these in the border near to the house- I have dogs and cats and I hope they might keep them at bay!Geoff, I do have a problem with vine weevil larvae- I wondered where...
    Elaine, most of my lilies are in pots because we have squirrels round here, and they love lily bulbs. I thought I 'd try these in the border near to the house- I have dogs and cats and I hope they might keep them at bay!Geoff, I do have a...
    Elaine, most of my lilies are in pots because we have squirrels round here, and they love lily bulbs. I thought I 'd try these in the border near to the house- I have dogs and cats and I hope they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. r2oo

Leather Jacket Killer

Kandy, I do try to feed the birds, but not off the lawn as we have 2 cats!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. daisybelle

Another worm problem? with pics

Hi daisybell I have a lawn in partial shade in my wildlife part of the garden(same worm casts) I just leave it to nature ,its fine about Aptil/ may time. I sweep them over the lawn with a hard...
    Hi daisybell I have a lawn in partial shade in my wildlife part of the garden(same worm casts) I just leave it to nature ,its fine about Aptil/ may time. I sweep them over the lawn with a hard broom. once a month i ariate with a garden fork and just sprinkle some builders sharp sand where the...
    Hi daisybell I have a lawn in partial shade in my wildlife part of the garden(same worm casts) I just leave it to nature ,its fine about Aptil/ may time. I sweep them over the lawn with a hard broom. once a month i ariate with a garden fork and...
    Hi daisybell I have a lawn in partial shade in my wildlife part of the garden(same worm casts) I just leave it to nature ,its fine about Aptil/ may time. I sweep them over the lawn with a hard...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. purpleturtle

red fly?

Did it look like this?http://tinyurl.com/vsaet
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. GeorgieGirl

Woodlice in My Cordyline

Don't believe they do, Roy. Here's a bit of light reading on the subject! http://pages.britishlibrary.net/woodlice/ I love the bit about keeping them as pets.... :D
    Don't believe they do, Roy. Here's a bit of light reading on the subject! http://pages.britishlibrary.net/woodlice/ I love the bit about keeping them as pets.... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Platanoides

Change of colour loss of leaves

By The Way...
    By The Way...
    By The Way...
    By The Way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. roders

Whats Been Stripping My Leaves?

My geraniums are the same with fine lacy leaves. Thankfully, didn't see any of those 'orrible little things, but serious question with mention of the moth larva. I love my evening primroses but...
    My geraniums are the same with fine lacy leaves. Thankfully, didn't see any of those 'orrible little things, but serious question with mention of the moth larva. I love my evening primroses but know they attract moths. Is it possible having the EPs makes my garden more likely to suffer?
    My geraniums are the same with fine lacy leaves. Thankfully, didn't see any of those 'orrible little things, but serious question with mention of the moth larva. I love my evening primroses but know they attract moths. Is it possible having the...
    My geraniums are the same with fine lacy leaves. Thankfully, didn't see any of those 'orrible little things, but serious question with mention of the moth larva. I love my evening primroses but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. linlin

Woodlice

I tried the link given by Hex (thanks for that) and it seems woodlice do eat living matter.Walnut - I'd be very interested in importing a couple of toads. How? From where? I've never been on a...
    I tried the link given by Hex (thanks for that) and it seems woodlice do eat living matter.Walnut - I'd be very interested in importing a couple of toads. How? From where? I've never been on a toad hunt before!!
    I tried the link given by Hex (thanks for that) and it seems woodlice do eat living matter.Walnut - I'd be very interested in importing a couple of toads. How? From where? I've never been on a toad hunt before!!
    I tried the link given by Hex (thanks for that) and it seems woodlice do eat living matter.Walnut - I'd be very interested in importing a couple of toads. How? From where? I've never been on a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. The Pea Of Sweetness

Ants

Nathan, tell me about your ants, please ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. pete

Is this a Harlequin

I've only seen the "normal" ladybirds here!Following on from what Honey Bee said, there is a colony of geckoos living in Ventor, IoW, and I have many a time seen them scurrying about there. ...
    I've only seen the "normal" ladybirds here!Following on from what Honey Bee said, there is a colony of geckoos living in Ventor, IoW, and I have many a time seen them scurrying about there. Supposedly they are the only colony living off mainland Europe! At least I have my ltitle critters...
    I've only seen the "normal" ladybirds here!Following on from what Honey Bee said, there is a colony of geckoos living in Ventor, IoW, and I have many a time seen them scurrying about there. Supposedly they are the only colony living off...
    I've only seen the "normal" ladybirds here!Following on from what Honey Bee said, there is a colony of geckoos living in Ventor, IoW, and I have many a time seen them scurrying about there. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nic

What is eating my climbing hydrangea?

Please let us know how you get on Nicola! Any pics are most welcome albeit I am still struggling with the pic thing.Kind regards Roy
    Please let us know how you get on Nicola! Any pics are most welcome albeit I am still struggling with the pic thing.Kind regards Roy
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. macleaf

inch worm

I came across this little insect it was about a inch long like a catepillar,and when touched it arch up just like an inch worm. was this so?
    I came across this little insect it was about a inch long like a catepillar,and when touched it arch up just like an inch worm. was this so?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hornbeam

Snails eat greenfly

LOL Crateful of our giants on the way :D :DHornbeam ....snails are certainly not known as pests here ! bon appetit ! :D:cool: M-L
    LOL Crateful of our giants on the way :D :DHornbeam ....snails are certainly not known as pests here ! bon appetit ! :D:cool: M-L
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dave W

Wasps - Let them eat cake!

Well, you won't go hungry this winter, Dave, with that harvest. All I've done is my sun-dried tomatoes in oil! :rolleyes:And why didn't you invite me for dinner last night ... that sounds...
    Well, you won't go hungry this winter, Dave, with that harvest. All I've done is my sun-dried tomatoes in oil! :rolleyes:And why didn't you invite me for dinner last night ... that sounds absolutely delicious! I love red cabbage with apple and rainins and roast lamb. Mmmmmm!
    Well, you won't go hungry this winter, Dave, with that harvest. All I've done is my sun-dried tomatoes in oil! :rolleyes:And why didn't you invite me for dinner last night ... that sounds absolutely delicious! I love red cabbage with apple...
    Well, you won't go hungry this winter, Dave, with that harvest. All I've done is my sun-dried tomatoes in oil! :rolleyes:And why didn't you invite me for dinner last night ... that sounds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paladin

Daddy Long Legs!

Yup - daddy long legs ++++ here - and a fair number making it indoors - despite closing windows -my pup is chasing them around and eating them when caught -They are not an insect that I am...
    Yup - daddy long legs ++++ here - and a fair number making it indoors - despite closing windows -my pup is chasing them around and eating them when caught -They are not an insect that I am enamoured with, daft things, keep cannoning into things including me.
    Yup - daddy long legs ++++ here - and a fair number making it indoors - despite closing windows -my pup is chasing them around and eating them when caught -They are not an insect that I am enamoured with, daft things, keep cannoning into...
    Yup - daddy long legs ++++ here - and a fair number making it indoors - despite closing windows -my pup is chasing them around and eating them when caught -They are not an insect that I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Clematis

Holes in my leaves

I've certainly not got earwigs if they eat aphids!Saw a frightening movie donkey's years ago about an earwig crawling into someone's ear and muching it's way from side to side! :eek: :eek:...
    I've certainly not got earwigs if they eat aphids!Saw a frightening movie donkey's years ago about an earwig crawling into someone's ear and muching it's way from side to side! :eek: :eek:At 26 for our highs, you'll soon be hotter than us, Pete! :D
    I've certainly not got earwigs if they eat aphids!Saw a frightening movie donkey's years ago about an earwig crawling into someone's ear and muching it's way from side to side! :eek: :eek:At 26 for our highs, you'll soon be hotter than...
    I've certainly not got earwigs if they eat aphids!Saw a frightening movie donkey's years ago about an earwig crawling into someone's ear and muching it's way from side to side! :eek: :eek:...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice