1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Royster

Aspidistra leaf browning

Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll...
    Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll spread that word - folks will be well impressed!Cheers! Roy
    Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll spread that word - folks will be well...
    Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. painted lady

Help. My shrub is looking ill !!!

The proper name for your tree is Aesculus x mutabilis Induta. This is a large shrub or small tree with apricot/yellow coloured flowers in Summer. A large shrub is defined by Hillier as being over...
    The proper name for your tree is Aesculus x mutabilis Induta. This is a large shrub or small tree with apricot/yellow coloured flowers in Summer. A large shrub is defined by Hillier as being over 3m (10 feet) tall at 10 years old. A similar one which we have has suffered terribly this year from...
    The proper name for your tree is Aesculus x mutabilis Induta. This is a large shrub or small tree with apricot/yellow coloured flowers in Summer. A large shrub is defined by Hillier as being over 3m (10 feet) tall at 10 years old. A similar one...
    The proper name for your tree is Aesculus x mutabilis Induta. This is a large shrub or small tree with apricot/yellow coloured flowers in Summer. A large shrub is defined by Hillier as being over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sheppy

Who's eating my honeysuckle?

Totally agree, my friend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. fmay

Snails!

:D :D :D :D :D you had better get a few of these to calm your nerves, then get to the shops for a wig
    :D :D :D :D :D you had better get a few of these to calm your nerves, then get to the shops for a wig
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. FANCY

the slug problem

Sorry, Fancy, I have just found this looking for something else. I have seen a trail or two so they must be around, but I think we are too dry for them as they have no houses to hide in like...
    Sorry, Fancy, I have just found this looking for something else. I have seen a trail or two so they must be around, but I think we are too dry for them as they have no houses to hide in like snails! :D :D :D
    Sorry, Fancy, I have just found this looking for something else. I have seen a trail or two so they must be around, but I think we are too dry for them as they have no houses to hide in like snails! :D :D :D
    Sorry, Fancy, I have just found this looking for something else. I have seen a trail or two so they must be around, but I think we are too dry for them as they have no houses to hide in like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. macleaf

Caterpillars

Thanks Sally B
    Thanks Sally B
    Thanks Sally B
    Thanks Sally B
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. chkm8

Diving Beetles

Giant Diving Beetles (Dytiscus marginalis)are fierce beasties and so are their larvae which are known as "water tigers" They will certainly attack fish, frogs, tadpoles and anything else that...
    Giant Diving Beetles (Dytiscus marginalis)are fierce beasties and so are their larvae which are known as "water tigers" They will certainly attack fish, frogs, tadpoles and anything else that moves. Best way of reducing the population is to wait before putting anything edible in your new pond....
    Giant Diving Beetles (Dytiscus marginalis)are fierce beasties and so are their larvae which are known as "water tigers" They will certainly attack fish, frogs, tadpoles and anything else that moves. Best way of reducing the population is to wait...
    Giant Diving Beetles (Dytiscus marginalis)are fierce beasties and so are their larvae which are known as "water tigers" They will certainly attack fish, frogs, tadpoles and anything else that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Rich

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Thanks Rich - will also keep an eye on mine :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. UsedtobeDendy

are earwigs to blame?

Thanks for that, Hornbeam. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. badsal72

potato blight

Thankfully it has not affected both beds of tatties so I will hopefully be able to store the other bed.many thanks
    Thankfully it has not affected both beds of tatties so I will hopefully be able to store the other bed.many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kandy

Yellow Plums

This is the method I use ...Wash fruit and discard any doubtful ones. Wash and dry the jars.(I'm assuming you are using rubber sealed preserving jars) Check the rubber ring, making sure they are...
    This is the method I use ...Wash fruit and discard any doubtful ones. Wash and dry the jars.(I'm assuming you are using rubber sealed preserving jars) Check the rubber ring, making sure they are not torn..and the jars are not chipped. This will affect the sealing. Fill the jars as full as...
    This is the method I use ...Wash fruit and discard any doubtful ones. Wash and dry the jars.(I'm assuming you are using rubber sealed preserving jars) Check the rubber ring, making sure they are not torn..and the jars are not chipped. This...
    This is the method I use ...Wash fruit and discard any doubtful ones. Wash and dry the jars.(I'm assuming you are using rubber sealed preserving jars) Check the rubber ring, making sure they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sharon

chillis going black

Hi David, very often chillies are green when you eat them (ie ripe when green) but very often not (very helpful!??). Totally depends upon the variety and I am not able to tell you the type of...
    Hi David, very often chillies are green when you eat them (ie ripe when green) but very often not (very helpful!??). Totally depends upon the variety and I am not able to tell you the type of chilli that you have purchased in the supermarket as I get my chillies from an online company:...
    Hi David, very often chillies are green when you eat them (ie ripe when green) but very often not (very helpful!??). Totally depends upon the variety and I am not able to tell you the type of chilli that you have purchased in the supermarket as I...
    Hi David, very often chillies are green when you eat them (ie ripe when green) but very often not (very helpful!??). Totally depends upon the variety and I am not able to tell you the type of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lazy-gardener

shrivelled plums?

My client and I have been ogling her Greengage for weeks. It is seriously laden with delicious ripening fruit. This weekend the rain just tipped down. My client came out this morning, almost...
    My client and I have been ogling her Greengage for weeks. It is seriously laden with delicious ripening fruit. This weekend the rain just tipped down. My client came out this morning, almost inconsolable; absolutely all the greengages have swollen up and split! Apparent;y they are now ripe so...
    My client and I have been ogling her Greengage for weeks. It is seriously laden with delicious ripening fruit. This weekend the rain just tipped down. My client came out this morning, almost inconsolable; absolutely all the greengages have...
    My client and I have been ogling her Greengage for weeks. It is seriously laden with delicious ripening fruit. This weekend the rain just tipped down. My client came out this morning, almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. redfifi1717

Dying buddleja??

Thanks for that...yes, I have deadheaded and tidied up the plant and it looks revived, and will continue to flower for a wee while yet.
    Thanks for that...yes, I have deadheaded and tidied up the plant and it looks revived, and will continue to flower for a wee while yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. UsedtobeDendy

We've stopped the rabbits!! (we hope!)

Yes, I know the one you mean - my neighbours have put in several of those, and some rosa rugosa, both as hedges. They smell and look great. Shires - sussex, kent, and several other counties all...
    Yes, I know the one you mean - my neighbours have put in several of those, and some rosa rugosa, both as hedges. They smell and look great. Shires - sussex, kent, and several other counties all have roses named after them - I know various people who have several, and have a bed of "shires...
    Yes, I know the one you mean - my neighbours have put in several of those, and some rosa rugosa, both as hedges. They smell and look great. Shires - sussex, kent, and several other counties all have roses named after them - I know various...
    Yes, I know the one you mean - my neighbours have put in several of those, and some rosa rugosa, both as hedges. They smell and look great. Shires - sussex, kent, and several other counties all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. auntie

holey brussel sprouts

I am afraid to say but mine were being eaten alive by the caterpillars so the organic gardening went out of the window and they got bug clear!! They are now thriving.
    I am afraid to say but mine were being eaten alive by the caterpillars so the organic gardening went out of the window and they got bug clear!! They are now thriving.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jenza

Help........Flies!

little black flies love yellow, but don't suppose it is flowering now, so can't be that.
    little black flies love yellow, but don't suppose it is flowering now, so can't be that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. clear skies

maggots in my plums!

I have a victoria plum and a greengage tree - both have lots of fruit this year but a lot of it is infested with small pink maggots. Obviously it's a bit late to do anything this year but does...
    I have a victoria plum and a greengage tree - both have lots of fruit this year but a lot of it is infested with small pink maggots. Obviously it's a bit late to do anything this year but does anyone know what i can do to prevent this happening again?
    I have a victoria plum and a greengage tree - both have lots of fruit this year but a lot of it is infested with small pink maggots. Obviously it's a bit late to do anything this year but does anyone know what i can do to prevent this happening...
    I have a victoria plum and a greengage tree - both have lots of fruit this year but a lot of it is infested with small pink maggots. Obviously it's a bit late to do anything this year but does...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ArchGardener

LEECHES

I have loads of leaches in my top fishless pond, but have never seen one in the bottom fish pond.
    I have loads of leaches in my top fishless pond, but have never seen one in the bottom fish pond.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PJ

Cabbage seed weevil

Does anyone know an effective way of getting rid of these beasties? Major infestations on PSB and brussels sprouts.
    Does anyone know an effective way of getting rid of these beasties? Major infestations on PSB and brussels sprouts.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice