1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. jay

Green eggs

Wow! I've never seen that colour shield bug I don't think..only the green ones. Cool! :DThey looked like eggs with eyes on Saturday, sweet!
    Wow! I've never seen that colour shield bug I don't think..only the green ones. Cool! :DThey looked like eggs with eyes on Saturday, sweet!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. barneyb

cordyline leaves have turned yellow

I'll try that , thanks Pete
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jay

Blackfly

I left an apple core outside and the ants went mad for it, so... here's my cunning plan.. *thinks* - if I put lots of apple slices outside, the ants will eat it and forget about farming the...
    I left an apple core outside and the ants went mad for it, so... here's my cunning plan.. *thinks* - if I put lots of apple slices outside, the ants will eat it and forget about farming the blackfly on my parsley! Hey presto, the woodlice are eating the apples instead of the ants and I have...
    I left an apple core outside and the ants went mad for it, so... here's my cunning plan.. *thinks* - if I put lots of apple slices outside, the ants will eat it and forget about farming the blackfly on my parsley! Hey presto, the woodlice are...
    I left an apple core outside and the ants went mad for it, so... here's my cunning plan.. *thinks* - if I put lots of apple slices outside, the ants will eat it and forget about farming the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. marge

Bug on Camellia

Have now identified this - its a mealy bug!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. GC

Yellowing fatsia japonica ? why

Thanks for setting my mind at rest Jazid!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sawfish

Deformed plums

Two reasons for plums going odd shaped. One is insect damage, so look for a tiny puncture wound. There should be a tiny plum stone inside the plum. If there is no stone in the fruit and they look...
    Two reasons for plums going odd shaped. One is insect damage, so look for a tiny puncture wound. There should be a tiny plum stone inside the plum. If there is no stone in the fruit and they look a bit like bananas then it could(very doubtfully though) be Pocket plum which is a fungal infection....
    Two reasons for plums going odd shaped. One is insect damage, so look for a tiny puncture wound. There should be a tiny plum stone inside the plum. If there is no stone in the fruit and they look a bit like bananas then it could(very doubtfully...
    Two reasons for plums going odd shaped. One is insect damage, so look for a tiny puncture wound. There should be a tiny plum stone inside the plum. If there is no stone in the fruit and they look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Hornbeam

Craneflies and leather jackets

The cranefly larvae are the leather jackets that can infest lawns. Anyone care to ID the lovely flower in this photo?
    The cranefly larvae are the leather jackets that can infest lawns. Anyone care to ID the lovely flower in this photo?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. FrancesB

Does anyone have a picture of a ladybug larva?

Thanks Hornbeam!
    Thanks Hornbeam!
    Thanks Hornbeam!
    Thanks Hornbeam!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rich

Is this a pest?

It might be a relative of Jeff Goldblum in 'THE FLY'
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cathysue

Single cream/yellow coloured eggs on brassicas

I have found some little eggs on my caulis. They look like cabbage white eggs but there is only 1 egg in any location (not clumps). These single eggs are on either side of the leaf. Does anyone...
    I have found some little eggs on my caulis. They look like cabbage white eggs but there is only 1 egg in any location (not clumps). These single eggs are on either side of the leaf. Does anyone have any idea what they could be? I did see some very tiny creatures that looked like ladybird larvae...
    I have found some little eggs on my caulis. They look like cabbage white eggs but there is only 1 egg in any location (not clumps). These single eggs are on either side of the leaf. Does anyone have any idea what they could be? I did see some...
    I have found some little eggs on my caulis. They look like cabbage white eggs but there is only 1 egg in any location (not clumps). These single eggs are on either side of the leaf. Does anyone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Technopuppy

Leatherjackets

Just had another thought(dangerous things thoughts) is your house new? our house isn't new but when we came here the house had stood empty for 4years, my husband has just reminded me of my lawn...
    Just had another thought(dangerous things thoughts) is your house new? our house isn't new but when we came here the house had stood empty for 4years, my husband has just reminded me of my lawn dilema. My grass would not pick up, on excavating we found the problem. there had been a huge glass...
    Just had another thought(dangerous things thoughts) is your house new? our house isn't new but when we came here the house had stood empty for 4years, my husband has just reminded me of my lawn dilema. My grass would not pick up, on excavating...
    Just had another thought(dangerous things thoughts) is your house new? our house isn't new but when we came here the house had stood empty for 4years, my husband has just reminded me of my lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ChrisM

Leafless acer

I also have one of those acers! I put it in a pot and watered it well - 1 week on and it has lovely foliage and is looking good. :cool:
    I also have one of those acers! I put it in a pot and watered it well - 1 week on and it has lovely foliage and is looking good. :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. purplelady

Wild Rabbits are Munching my plants

can anyone recommend plants that rabbits do not like, so i can plant them near the plants that they do like to munch on.
    can anyone recommend plants that rabbits do not like, so i can plant them near the plants that they do like to munch on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lazy-gardener

warts on plum leaves

Thanks both for the info. now I know they are not harmful I will relax a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Stingo

Little orange wriggly things

Thanks Liz
    Thanks Liz
    Thanks Liz
    Thanks Liz
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DavieM

Problem with Silver Birch, Any Ideas ?

I have been in Walnut Cottage for over 20 years, and our silver birch were well established when we came. Only thing we do to them is - oh and I hate to admit this, my husband sometimes washes...
    I have been in Walnut Cottage for over 20 years, and our silver birch were well established when we came. Only thing we do to them is - oh and I hate to admit this, my husband sometimes washes them as he likes them to look clean.we are on wet land, so may be something in what frogesque says.
    I have been in Walnut Cottage for over 20 years, and our silver birch were well established when we came. Only thing we do to them is - oh and I hate to admit this, my husband sometimes washes them as he likes them to look clean.we are on wet...
    I have been in Walnut Cottage for over 20 years, and our silver birch were well established when we came. Only thing we do to them is - oh and I hate to admit this, my husband sometimes washes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. maverick

My Fushia's Are Dying!

Another thing that can happen is that having been in the conservatory they may have made a lot of soft growth, which when exposed to the real world shrivels a little. I had some in the greenhouse...
    Another thing that can happen is that having been in the conservatory they may have made a lot of soft growth, which when exposed to the real world shrivels a little. I had some in the greenhouse on a lower shelf, when I put them outside this happened. Again they will recover from this.
    Another thing that can happen is that having been in the conservatory they may have made a lot of soft growth, which when exposed to the real world shrivels a little. I had some in the greenhouse on a lower shelf, when I put them outside this...
    Another thing that can happen is that having been in the conservatory they may have made a lot of soft growth, which when exposed to the real world shrivels a little. I had some in the greenhouse...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Blackfingers

Acer problem

Thanks Liz, saves me murdering a poor acer then!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Lenton Rose

Ants and my Peony?

Now, if you'd said you hadn't seen ants on your paeony then I would have been surprised.I'm sure it will be the aphids like Jazid said.
    Now, if you'd said you hadn't seen ants on your paeony then I would have been surprised.I'm sure it will be the aphids like Jazid said.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dave W

Botrytis on cucs

Thanks Strongy. I've just been doing a bit more scrabbling around the www. Some suggestions I've found include -#Copper fungicide - I'd rather not use this on food crops though. #Spraying with...
    Thanks Strongy. I've just been doing a bit more scrabbling around the www. Some suggestions I've found include -#Copper fungicide - I'd rather not use this on food crops though. #Spraying with calcium chloride. #Spraying with milk in various dilutions - won't cure but is claimed to reduce...
    Thanks Strongy. I've just been doing a bit more scrabbling around the www. Some suggestions I've found include -#Copper fungicide - I'd rather not use this on food crops though. #Spraying with calcium chloride. #Spraying with milk in various...
    Thanks Strongy. I've just been doing a bit more scrabbling around the www. Some suggestions I've found include -#Copper fungicide - I'd rather not use this on food crops though. #Spraying with...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice