1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ricky101

Pelargonium Cuttings

Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings can be taken at almost any time year, there are snags. The prosective plant material may be too new,...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings can be taken at almost any time year, there are...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Aldo

Seeds left exposed to heater - what temperature would damage them?

@NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they...
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they grow, I love broad beans but did not get much at all from my first attempts this Summer.
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they grow, I love broad beans but did not get much at all...
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Michael Hewett
    Like x 6

Cuttings

We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Purple Streaks

seed spare ,

I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry...
    I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry don't know name. Please pm me if intrested.
    I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry don't know name. Please pm me if intrested.
    I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett

Cyclamen coum

I agree, they're so pretty. Can't wait to see mine flowering!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sian in Belgium

Can verbena rigida be propagated by division?

Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Hobbynut

Help plug plants

Many thanks!
    Many thanks!
    Many thanks!
    Many thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Barders

Baby Geranium pants - What did I do to them (by accident!) please?

Arh....:whistle: I think I probably overwater everything, so will rein that back as well as keeping them in a more constant temperature until they are bigger.Thank you again Freddy, really helpful :love30:
    Arh....:whistle: I think I probably overwater everything, so will rein that back as well as keeping them in a more constant temperature until they are bigger.Thank you again Freddy, really helpful :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Barders

Secret to not getting clumps of seeds together please?

Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the...
    Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the spray bottle, I have a small one so will do that tomorrow, I was a bit worried about drowning them,...
    Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the spray bottle, I have a small one so will do that...
    Thank you for the advice I collected quite a few trays with divided cells for bedding plants from last year, so will definitely sow the other packet of Lobelias into those. Great idea about the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hydrogardener
    Like x 6

Phalaenopsis from seed.

I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent plant were huge. The difference in the size and appearance of the resulting plants is...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent plant were huge. The difference in the size and...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent...
    seeds day4.jpg Phalaenopsis Seeds Day 10.jpg mama.jpg Baby Phal.jpg phalaenopsis in vitro.jpg UGO.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scrungee

Air layering Bay Tree

No, because the tree is already half a barrel height above ground level. I'd need on pot resting on stepladders to get a suitable branch end into it (which I think would be classed as air layering).
    No, because the tree is already half a barrel height above ground level. I'd need on pot resting on stepladders to get a suitable branch end into it (which I think would be classed as air layering).
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JJ28

HRP or not?

Hi @Cuttings ,Could we ask your thoughts on the practice of letting the Pel cuttings wound dry /callus over before placing in the compost and if so for how long ?You can take a straight cut...
    Hi @Cuttings ,Could we ask your thoughts on the practice of letting the Pel cuttings wound dry /callus over before placing in the compost and if so for how long ?You can take a straight cut under a node or almost pull of the cutting off against the main branch, so leaving a 'heal' on the...
    Hi @Cuttings ,Could we ask your thoughts on the practice of letting the Pel cuttings wound dry /callus over before placing in the compost and if so for how long ?You can take a straight cut under a node or almost pull of the cutting off...
    Hi @Cuttings ,Could we ask your thoughts on the practice of letting the Pel cuttings wound dry /callus over before placing in the compost and if so for how long ?You can take a straight cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Craigy16ed

Seeds sown a little bit early

My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sheal
    Like x 4

A novel way to grow a pine

Congratulations to your sister. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Craigy16ed

Sowing coleus

Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the...
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the flowering yet again.Iresine has never flowered for me in the last 10 yrs or so.
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the flowering yet again.Iresine has never flowered for...
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. noisette47

Fremontodendron

Yes, we grew it from seed. It grows pretty fast and this was it after five yearsIt turned up its toes after 11 years.It's a lovely tree and started flowering in late April and went on...
    Yes, we grew it from seed. It grows pretty fast and this was it after five yearsIt turned up its toes after 11 years.It's a lovely tree and started flowering in late April and went on until October but nowhere near as profuse as this in June.I never recommend it if you have dogs as...
    Yes, we grew it from seed. It grows pretty fast and this was it after five yearsIt turned up its toes after 11 years.It's a lovely tree and started flowering in late April and went on until October but nowhere near as profuse as this in...
    Yes, we grew it from seed. It grows pretty fast and this was it after five yearsIt turned up its toes after 11 years.It's a lovely tree and started flowering in late April and went on...
    P1120855.JPG P1120854.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ThePlantAssassin

Geranium Rozanne dividing

Cheers Verdun , I'll split it now. I can then get one replanted before autumn. :blue thumb: I also use a pruning saw for splitting.
    Cheers Verdun , I'll split it now. I can then get one replanted before autumn. :blue thumb: I also use a pruning saw for splitting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lolimac

Hydrangea Cuttings...

Thank you for all your replies.:dbgrtmb:I've yet to ask for the cuttings as every time I pass it's usually 6am whilst dog walking but you can be sure I will do.:thumbsup:
    Thank you for all your replies.:dbgrtmb:I've yet to ask for the cuttings as every time I pass it's usually 6am whilst dog walking but you can be sure I will do.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. K78

Moving and splitting ferns.

Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. ...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. These most likely will be from the common bracken or hard fern. Once considered a woodland pest, weed...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. These most likely will be from the common bracken or...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Flumpy

Bacopa

Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    20190407_174213.jpg 7C1266F7-4885-4A96-9036-5DBCEFCCFFE6.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice