1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Allan Hodgson

Privet cuttings

here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    IMAG0184.jpg IMAG0183.jpg IMAG0182.jpg IMAG0181.jpg IMAG0180.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lolimac
    Informative x 3

Geranium cuttings....

You will be safe as long as you are not a mollusc.....:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. justracing

penstemon cuttings

Thanks for that
    Thanks for that
    Thanks for that
    Thanks for that
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Madahhlia

Pointy honesty seeds

Ah, thanks for that. Perennial ones'd be cool.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jiffy

Seeds from berries

Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit card (as distinct from debit card I believe) the transaction is with the credit card company, so no...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit card (as distinct from debit card I believe) the...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jenny namaste
    Like x 4

Saving cuttings indoors over the Winter

That's kind! If I kill mine I may have to take you up on it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PeterS

Seed germination on damp paper

That's how much we got ours for - well done!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Steve R

Garlic seed

I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then...
    I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then Scrungee. Steve...:)
    I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then Scrungee. Steve...:)
    I completely forgot all about them, in fact the pips are still on top of the harvested, dried garlic in the greenhouse. Must get them done this week.. You've got a great start on those then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Susieshoe

Fermenting tomato seeds

It's very important to ferment your tomatoes
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. raebhoop

Clematis Montana cuttings

I see that he has Alstromeria psittacina. Ask about it next time that you're there - it's one that I really recommend.
    I see that he has Alstromeria psittacina. Ask about it next time that you're there - it's one that I really recommend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gay Gardener

Chiltern Seeds

I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I...
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I did find them high cost . Then again they do have a huge range of seeds.
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I did find them high cost . Then again they do have a...
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. longk

Germinating Pancratium maritimum seed

I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical...
    I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical mini seed trays, sown at the same time, side by side, chilled for several months over winter and then...
    I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical mini seed trays, sown at the same time, side by...
    I'm shy about naming duds as it may be me that is at fault ... but there again I think the seed companies rely on that a bit.I grew about a dozen varieties of Delphinium last year. Identical...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Vermiculite or Perlite

Well, the vermiculite was delivered today; stopping compost compaction is one of the key things I want from it really, and if it retains moisture whilst at it, so much the better.
    Well, the vermiculite was delivered today; stopping compost compaction is one of the key things I want from it really, and if it retains moisture whilst at it, so much the better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Phil A
    Like x 3

A Mushroom has come

Not these is it? :whistle:
    Tissues.jpg upload_2014-1-24_23-36-42.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-37-1.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-37-46.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-38-43.jpeg IMG_4386.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. noisette47

DIY Propagator

:loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of...
    :loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of the bigger sites are into delivery to a nearby grocery, but it still costs the earth. Colossal NI...
    :loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of the bigger sites are into delivery to a nearby...
    :loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. clueless1

Grow lights, heaters etc, on a budget

It's a bit crowded in my grow box:doh:....
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 2014-01-26 15.09.40.jpg 2014-01-26 15.10.06.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jiffy

Cuttings

Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back...
    Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back just in case it may died ie: 10 per pot, so if i know it will be about, say 10 weeks for them to put...
    Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back just in case it may died ie: 10 per pot, so if i know...
    Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. thunda600

New house lawn care

I use Evergreen / verdone every April on my lawns . Its liquid and you apply by watering can . If you do it in the evening when the little un is in bed , it will be fully absorbed into the lawn...
    I use Evergreen / verdone every April on my lawns . Its liquid and you apply by watering can . If you do it in the evening when the little un is in bed , it will be fully absorbed into the lawn in a few hours . Read the H and S warnings though to be sure.
    I use Evergreen / verdone every April on my lawns . Its liquid and you apply by watering can . If you do it in the evening when the little un is in bed , it will be fully absorbed into the lawn in a few hours . Read the H and S warnings though...
    I use Evergreen / verdone every April on my lawns . Its liquid and you apply by watering can . If you do it in the evening when the little un is in bed , it will be fully absorbed into the lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. enchanté jardinier
    Like x 5

Cold Stratification Method - My Experiment !

I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too much water / not enough air. Personally I much prefer to use a couple of teaspoons of damp vermiculite...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too much water / not enough air. Personally I much prefer...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ARMANDII
    Funny x 9

NOW I KNOW I SOWED NICOTIANA

Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice