1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Noushynoo

Are these ready to repot?

See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that...
    See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that what might be ok for me to handle with small nimble fingers might not be ok for someone else, or as...
    See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that what might be ok for me to handle with small...
    See, that's what's great about being on here. Every single seed packet says to pot on 'when they're big enough to handle'. None ever mention when the true leaves arrive (or what they are) or that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clueless1

Taking cuttings (in general)

I posted how I take cuttings in another thread: hopefully of some help :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. chipper

Plants for a border

Many thanks Silver Surfer and everyone else, I'm planning it out and sourcing the plants :) I'll post a piccy when it's done.
    Many thanks Silver Surfer and everyone else, I'm planning it out and sourcing the plants :) I'll post a piccy when it's done.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. intel

Quick Question About Strawberry Runners

Don't let them dry out in there..!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bilbo675
    Like x 3

Latest Cutting Success

I think most say that the rooting hormone properties of gels and powders decrease after a year, it won't do any harm but may be less affective....:)
    I think most say that the rooting hormone properties of gels and powders decrease after a year, it won't do any harm but may be less affective....:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Blue arbour

French lavender and rosemary cuttings

It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way...
    It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way but in water is quicker to root then plant into compost.
    It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way but in water is quicker to root then plant into...
    It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. K78

Moving and splitting ferns.

Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. ...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. These most likely will be from the common bracken or hard fern. Once considered a woodland pest, weed...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. These most likely will be from the common bracken or...
    Experience says a lot as my friends have posted. However ferns as we refer to them actually are an interesting genus. Most of us have probably suddenly found a fern growing in the compost. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. amanda j

witch hazel seed

We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all...
    We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all who would want to be crowded out by hundreds of babies?
    We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all who would want to be crowded out by hundreds of...
    We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Palustris

Liver wort on Seed pots

Careful Pete, you'll find your greenhouse full of Pals's seed trays :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JackJJW

Droopy Lupy(ins)

As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other...
    As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other annual. Grow them on in as much light (but not full sun) as possible and then harden them off...
    As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other annual. Grow them on in as much light (but not full...
    As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lolimac
    Like x 6

New to me...

Florists use it for cut flowers - really odd feeling stuff when dry
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. DaveS

New propergator. What to grow

Just remember, exotic stuff needs love:grphg: I keep telling myself that and then ignore the wise man inside myself:heehee:
    Just remember, exotic stuff needs love:grphg: I keep telling myself that and then ignore the wise man inside myself:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Allan Hodgson

Privet cuttings

here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    IMAG0184.jpg IMAG0183.jpg IMAG0182.jpg IMAG0181.jpg IMAG0180.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. David G

Time to sow seeds

Hi goosegog I have put some parsnip seeds in the ground but germinated them indoors so I hope that helps, at least the cold easterly wind has gone. I will sow courgette squash tomato and cucumber...
    Hi goosegog I have put some parsnip seeds in the ground but germinated them indoors so I hope that helps, at least the cold easterly wind has gone. I will sow courgette squash tomato and cucumber after the weekend Good luck Dave
    Hi goosegog I have put some parsnip seeds in the ground but germinated them indoors so I hope that helps, at least the cold easterly wind has gone. I will sow courgette squash tomato and cucumber after the weekend Good luck Dave
    Hi goosegog I have put some parsnip seeds in the ground but germinated them indoors so I hope that helps, at least the cold easterly wind has gone. I will sow courgette squash tomato and cucumber...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lorea

Astrantia from seed

I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well dodgy - after watering, the stuff which came out of the bottom of the pots looked like tea! All the...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well dodgy - after watering, the stuff which came out of...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kristen

Growing Hippeastrum from seed

I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be...
    I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be a good idea to buy up loads of those bulbs you often see after christmas in garden centres being...
    I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be a good idea to buy up loads of those bulbs you...
    I have grown them from seed but it was a long time ago. I dont think you need to wait before planting, think I planted edge way on, in the pots. It is a long process until flowering. Might be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rustyroots

Hardening off.

you can get the same name with delphiniums (blushing Bride) thanks Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Upsydaisy

Should I wait a bit longer....

Ok thanks pete...I'll tackle it tomorrow.:):blue thumb:I'll leave you in peace to continue in your recovery now.:biggrin:
    Ok thanks pete...I'll tackle it tomorrow.:):blue thumb:I'll leave you in peace to continue in your recovery now.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett
    Like x 6

Cuttings

We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    We've just had a dozen Wisteria seedlings pop up :dbgrtmb:. We don't want another Wisteria :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. JJ28

Failure

Thank you. I've just tried again, with Unwins bedder Mix...the only choice left but it says they're sweetly scented.
    Thank you. I've just tried again, with Unwins bedder Mix...the only choice left but it says they're sweetly scented.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice