1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. RDB85

Petrol Scarifier buying advice

Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Felco FEL2 Model 2 Original Secateurs

Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage too!! :wub2: Love that boy !
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Fat Controller

Irrigation system

It is one, but have to be honest I've not used it too much. You can also get 13mm soakhose which I reckon is good for the likes of potatoes, but dripline is probably just as good depending on your...
    It is one, but have to be honest I've not used it too much. You can also get 13mm soakhose which I reckon is good for the likes of potatoes, but dripline is probably just as good depending on your plant spacing.
    It is one, but have to be honest I've not used it too much. You can also get 13mm soakhose which I reckon is good for the likes of potatoes, but dripline is probably just as good depending on your plant spacing.
    It is one, but have to be honest I've not used it too much. You can also get 13mm soakhose which I reckon is good for the likes of potatoes, but dripline is probably just as good depending on your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Charentejohn

Water pump (surface type) non return to tank system

I did, and still will, consider the submersible to start the main pump. For the moment I will search around.
    I did, and still will, consider the submersible to start the main pump. For the moment I will search around.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Logan

what is it.

Thank you, I'll pass the message on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kevin Cowans

How to Sharpen a Curved Gardening Knife

As @infradig says, I'm not a fan of stainless steel either, it doesn't really hold a good edge for long. Of course as with any tool it's how you treat it and what you cut with it that will make a...
    As @infradig says, I'm not a fan of stainless steel either, it doesn't really hold a good edge for long. Of course as with any tool it's how you treat it and what you cut with it that will make a difference.
    As @infradig says, I'm not a fan of stainless steel either, it doesn't really hold a good edge for long. Of course as with any tool it's how you treat it and what you cut with it that will make a difference.
    As @infradig says, I'm not a fan of stainless steel either, it doesn't really hold a good edge for long. Of course as with any tool it's how you treat it and what you cut with it that will make a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

Spray gun - any recommendations?

Some years ago I bought an all metal one and I don't think it lasted very long tbh.I don't know if anyone makes any thing that can be taken apart these days, they don't really want you mending...
    Some years ago I bought an all metal one and I don't think it lasted very long tbh.I don't know if anyone makes any thing that can be taken apart these days, they don't really want you mending anything. :nonofinger:
    Some years ago I bought an all metal one and I don't think it lasted very long tbh.I don't know if anyone makes any thing that can be taken apart these days, they don't really want you mending anything. :nonofinger:
    Some years ago I bought an all metal one and I don't think it lasted very long tbh.I don't know if anyone makes any thing that can be taken apart these days, they don't really want you mending...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. thriftybri

einhell petol strimmer

thank you very much for your reply and thanks for list of equivalents for plug,
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. thriftybri

einhell BGBC 25AS PETROL STRIMMER

thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bear1

Which petrol hedge trimmer to buy

I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan,...
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan, it is more a less a throw away machine. What models are you thinking of ? I personally use single...
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan, it is more a less a throw away machine. What...
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bear1

Electric hedge trimmer which one

I've got a Bosch 18v hedge trimmer, never found it underpowered for what I want. It won't cut thick stems but neither will a corded one. I use a lopper etc as infradig says for the odd thicker...
    I've got a Bosch 18v hedge trimmer, never found it underpowered for what I want. It won't cut thick stems but neither will a corded one. I use a lopper etc as infradig says for the odd thicker bit. I'm just cutting back to last years beech hedge growth so never really have thick stems in the way.
    I've got a Bosch 18v hedge trimmer, never found it underpowered for what I want. It won't cut thick stems but neither will a corded one. I use a lopper etc as infradig says for the odd thicker bit. I'm just cutting back to last years beech hedge...
    I've got a Bosch 18v hedge trimmer, never found it underpowered for what I want. It won't cut thick stems but neither will a corded one. I use a lopper etc as infradig says for the odd thicker...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dortmunder

Hozelock reel - rubber washer

The bore must have been seriously compromised. Mine were not Hozelock either but I get full flow to my 50M hose.
    The bore must have been seriously compromised. Mine were not Hozelock either but I get full flow to my 50M hose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin Cowans

Cordless Shears for Shaping Shrubs

Hello @wiseowlThanks for the Link.It may not be the same Model being Discussed but the consensus seems positive.ThanksKevin
    Hello @wiseowlThanks for the Link.It may not be the same Model being Discussed but the consensus seems positive.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ETAF

just started using cordless secateur

Just an update really , i use the secateurs a lot now , Yesterday I pruned a buddleia down, usually i would have various loppers and tools out to cut. This year with the cordless secateurs, i did...
    Just an update really , i use the secateurs a lot now , Yesterday I pruned a buddleia down, usually i would have various loppers and tools out to cut. This year with the cordless secateurs, i did the lot and cut up for the bin. Much easier and quicker. And easier on the hands standing over the...
    Just an update really , i use the secateurs a lot now , Yesterday I pruned a buddleia down, usually i would have various loppers and tools out to cut. This year with the cordless secateurs, i did the lot and cut up for the bin. Much easier and...
    Just an update really , i use the secateurs a lot now , Yesterday I pruned a buddleia down, usually i would have various loppers and tools out to cut. This year with the cordless secateurs, i did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ETAF

Secateur Belt holder

Just an update, I have used frequently and it has been really useful. In fact i clip on the holster and use every time i do any gardening , so they are always available ....
    Just an update, I have used frequently and it has been really useful. In fact i clip on the holster and use every time i do any gardening , so they are always available ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

What hose?

Will be interesting to see how they perform over the years or if I've recommended a lemon!
    Will be interesting to see how they perform over the years or if I've recommended a lemon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pete

Lawn mower storage over winter.

:yikes: Surely not?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jazzy

Removing staining on concrete - Sycamore Seeds

Last place I worked we fitted some oak windows and the debris from the trees around the house stained the oak cills. I think oxalic acid sorted it out.
    Last place I worked we fitted some oak windows and the debris from the trees around the house stained the oak cills. I think oxalic acid sorted it out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. BML

I've forgotten how to re-assemble my elderly Garden Pump.

Like a dream.
    Like a dream.
    Like a dream.
    Like a dream.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Madra
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Oldcodger

Please suggest a blower?

I've got a cordless bosch blower that works well in this situation. It uses the power4all interchangeable battery used on my strimmer, hedge cutter and some hand tools.
    I've got a cordless bosch blower that works well in this situation. It uses the power4all interchangeable battery used on my strimmer, hedge cutter and some hand tools.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. RDB85

Sprinkler recommendations for a rectangle lawn

I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their...
    I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their oscillating one. It's early days but it performs well so far.
    I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their oscillating one. It's early days but it performs well so far.
    I've had an expensive hozelock one, and a 2 quid spinning one from Wilko. The cheapo was better and lasted years. I've lost it. So I went to Wilko again. This time I spent 8 quid on their...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice