1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Kristen

Geka vs. Hozelock hose fiittings

Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the metal ones have plastic parts, but there is no...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Ryan1

Which lawnmower?

I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much cheaper and lighter Mountfield which so far has worked OK but I can't see it lasting very long, the...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much cheaper and lighter Mountfield which so far has...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scrungee

Solid Rubber Tyre Wheelbarrow

This is the wheelbarrow folks.CHASSEUR 90 Ltr
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ryan1

Which lawnmower?

Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as there are with electric models. My lawns are much smaller than yours....prob 10 x 15 m and a smaller...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as there are with electric models. My lawns are much...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. silu
    Like x 4

Fiskars-Excellent product and customer service.

I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades...
    I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades are too short. But ive abused a spade for a few years now, also an X27 log splitter and a small...
    I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades are too short. But ive abused a spade for a few...
    I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Newbienoidea

Best strimmer for a gardener?

If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One...
    If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One lesson I’ve found is that the lesser known brands dealerships come and go. My local husky dealership...
    If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One lesson I’ve found is that the lesser known brands...
    If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Linz

Need a new mower

I could have done with that yesterday when I was cleaning up with a brush. It would certainly be easier. :)Yep, I'll add it to the mental list I've started. Somehow I don't think I'll be growing...
    I could have done with that yesterday when I was cleaning up with a brush. It would certainly be easier. :)Yep, I'll add it to the mental list I've started. Somehow I don't think I'll be growing anything next year. :doh::)It probably isn't much heavier than a Honda FC. :snorky:
    I could have done with that yesterday when I was cleaning up with a brush. It would certainly be easier. :)Yep, I'll add it to the mental list I've started. Somehow I don't think I'll be growing anything next year. :doh::)It probably isn't much...
    I could have done with that yesterday when I was cleaning up with a brush. It would certainly be easier. :)Yep, I'll add it to the mental list I've started. Somehow I don't think I'll be growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marley Farley
    Like x 8

How about this for a great Scarecrow

Looking forward to seeing the photos, @Tetters ;):)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clanless

Pole Hedge Trimmer

You can get harness to help. RTS Super Harness for long reach hedge trimmers -I normally just hold my hedge cutter and crack on but it takes it out of you and I’m getting to old for long hedge...
    You can get harness to help. RTS Super Harness for long reach hedge trimmers -I normally just hold my hedge cutter and crack on but it takes it out of you and I’m getting to old for long hedge cutting sessions now.
    You can get harness to help. RTS Super Harness for long reach hedge trimmers -I normally just hold my hedge cutter and crack on but it takes it out of you and I’m getting to old for long hedge cutting sessions now.
    You can get harness to help. RTS Super Harness for long reach hedge trimmers -I normally just hold my hedge cutter and crack on but it takes it out of you and I’m getting to old for long hedge...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paul B

Petrol tool repair needed

Hi FolksDoes anyone know where I can get a petrol gardening tool (Hyundai 5 in 1) with starting problems looked at?I’m looking for someone in the West Mids or Shropshire, most preferably...
    Hi FolksDoes anyone know where I can get a petrol gardening tool (Hyundai 5 in 1) with starting problems looked at?I’m looking for someone in the West Mids or Shropshire, most preferably within 10 miles of the Walsall to Telford corridor (my commute).Many thanksPaul
    Hi FolksDoes anyone know where I can get a petrol gardening tool (Hyundai 5 in 1) with starting problems looked at?I’m looking for someone in the West Mids or Shropshire, most preferably within 10 miles of the Walsall to Telford corridor (my...
    Hi FolksDoes anyone know where I can get a petrol gardening tool (Hyundai 5 in 1) with starting problems looked at?I’m looking for someone in the West Mids or Shropshire, most preferably...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. silu

Any ideas re a visor which wouldn't steam up?

Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method sadly.The mesh visors are fine for hedge cutting, but for chainsaw work I plan it in very short...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method sadly.The mesh visors are fine for hedge...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ChilliPepper

Shredder for smaller, lighter garden waste?

We are finding that burning is getting more and more frowned on in the UK. Anyway the bees don't much like it.PH
    We are finding that burning is getting more and more frowned on in the UK. Anyway the bees don't much like it.PH
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. greenfingerskev

Trowel and fork

Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too,...
    Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too, which is handy.
    Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too, which is handy.
    Just been given a Spear and Jackson set today as a birthday present. Yet to use, but significantly better quality than I have had before. The trowel has depth measurements displayed on it too,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Newbienoidea

Petrol mower size.

Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will...
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will likely make it something like 80-100cm long as a guess.The 466 is wider and heavier and whichever model...
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will likely make it something like 80-100cm long as a...
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Plotinus

Identifying a hose spray gun

Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose...
    Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose connection bit but I'll pass on the information.
    Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose connection bit but I'll pass on the information.
    Many thanks for the replies.I must say that except for the hose fitting it does seem very similar. It also seems quite a bit cheaper than Hozelock at Wilko. I'll have to check on the hose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee

Cheap 3mm strimmer line

I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around an object which would damage the tool and hurt you at the same time. I keep all spoils in the dark...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around an object which would damage the tool and hurt...
    I just stick to Stihl as I've 3 brush cutters and the largest machine is the FS480. Can't say I notice any problem with wear as such, it's designed to wear down and to break so not to wrap around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sirius

Automated Sprinkler System

Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and greenhouse. Designing away now for a timer system that will be completely customisable on a day to...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and greenhouse. Designing away now for a timer system...
    Have most of the borders and pots covered with sprinklers, drippers and various different jets covering nearly everything that needs watering. Even have trays with soak system in cold frames and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. silu
    Like x 7

Bulldog, a very good company to deal with

:dancy: Tremendous, fork broke on Thursday replacement arrived today, you cannot ask for better than that, thank you Bulldog.
    :dancy: Tremendous, fork broke on Thursday replacement arrived today, you cannot ask for better than that, thank you Bulldog.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Portisgrass

What type of hedge trimmer to buy

This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Snorky85

Anyone got a Miracle Gro Aerobounty??

That's exactly what I was thinking @Sandy Ground love mint areos and bounty he he
    That's exactly what I was thinking @Sandy Ground love mint areos and bounty he he
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Palustris

Long handled pruning saws

As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I have, but not bought at their price! Think I got both plus an additional attachment (hook for...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I have, but not bought at their price! Think I got...
    As I already had a bargain purchase on a Wolfgarden extending handle + apple picking attachment, I also bought their pruning saw attachment when I found it at half price, see this link for what I...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options