Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Felco FEL2 Model 2 Original Secateurs

Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage too!! :wub2: Love that boy !
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. clanless

Net pond scoop

Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for...
    Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for cakes which have worked perfectly!!:heehee:
    Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for cakes which have worked perfectly!!:heehee:
    Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MGBessent

Help for Watering Can on a Pump

Haha Thank you, She did ask for a 10 liter one so ill respect that and assume she knows what shes doing
    Haha Thank you, She did ask for a 10 liter one so ill respect that and assume she knows what shes doing
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. lolimac
    Like x 8

What is your favorite/most useful garden tool ?

Dutch Hoe and Garden Rake amongst other tools.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Spray lance recommendation

@Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close...
    @Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close together in many towns.
    @Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close together in many towns.
    @Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. moonraker

Whats been the most waste of money tool you've got?

I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fat Controller

Shredder - can it be fixed?

Nah, I put my boot through that :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

Pressure washer lifespan

Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get...
    Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get another year or two out of it.
    Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get another year or two out of it.
    Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. rustyroots

New watering can.

I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be...
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be the ideal option as you could see the can in the flesh and get a better idea of how sturdy it is....
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be the ideal option as you could see the can in the...
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be...
    RSCN1234.JPG RSCN1236.JPG RSCN1239.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. alana

Grass Trimmers

I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did...
    I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did not get great reports. May be worth checking it out.
    I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did not get great reports. May be worth checking it out.
    I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Palustris

Replacing a part on a Bosch chain saw

Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can...
    Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can buy the piece easily enough BUT as anyone ever fitted one and if so how hard was it?
    Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can buy the piece easily enough BUT as anyone ever...
    Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Robert Anderson

Cordless tillers.

Thanks to both for your reply.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. NessaJ70

What type of chipper/shredder to buy?

Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the best one I have is a 30 year old Bolens, which I re-engined a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, in...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the best one I have is a 30 year old Bolens, which I...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. luciusmaximus

Internal electric propagator temperature

Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air...
    Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air and heat moving evenly.If your box is small a tubular heater might be too big, so look at heating...
    Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air and heat moving evenly.If your box is small a...
    Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Palustris

Chain sawing wet conifer roots.

Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably...
    Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably about a quarter of the size of the last place. This is what we began with in this part of the garden.
    Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably about a quarter of the size of the last place. This...
    Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. thatfatbloke

Obstinate Flymo blade

If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by...
    If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by Stilsons and/or the adjustable spanner, that is.
    If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by Stilsons and/or the adjustable spanner, that is.
    If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. misterQ

Cheap Two-piece Bypass Secateurs

Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments...
    Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments of dried, very hard 13mm London Plane tree branch.As you can see, the messy cuts...
    Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments of dried, very hard 13mm London Plane tree...
    Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ridgiemum

Bulb hole maker thingy.....

Well I still think these are the best.. planted several thousand with these..
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. RobB

One handed shears

Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit...
    Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit the post. EDIT. :wow: It did:yes: Thanks Nick.:ThankYou:
    Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit the post. EDIT. :wow: It did:yes: Thanks Nick.:ThankYou:
    Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit...
    GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Warwick lad

PH soil meters

Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact...
    Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact that their gardens will not be suitable :noidea:
    Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact that their gardens will not be suitable :noidea:
    Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. CarolineL

Help re Brushcutter/multihead tool

Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I...
    Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I probably will have to get some kit someday! I have used Ryobi for hand battery tools (drill, sander...
    Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I probably will have to get some kit someday! I have...
    Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice