1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Kristen

Geka vs. Hozelock hose fiittings

Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the metal ones have plastic parts, but there is no...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors rather than plastic ones, wherever possible. Yes the...
    Re the hozeleak complaint I have trodden that road also. In my case it was invariably caused by one or more of 3 (maybe 4) acts of carelessness on my part.1) Use the brass/chrome connectors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Snorky85

Anyone got a Miracle Gro Aerobounty??

I go for cheap, really cheap, like right out of the recycle bin. You really don't need anything fancy for hydroponics.
    I go for cheap, really cheap, like right out of the recycle bin. You really don't need anything fancy for hydroponics.
    IMG_7651.PNG gcc.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jazzy

Garden Tool Storage Box Security?

Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill,...
    Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill, drill the four holes in the slab. Put in the four polyplugs for screws. Buy some really wide washers...
    Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill, drill the four holes in the slab. Put in the four...
    Get hold of a corporation type paving slab, drill holes in each corner of the box. Sit the box on top of the slab and mark the four holes through the box on the slab. Then with a masonry drill,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Graham B

New handles for old tools

Jiffy my hubby does it himself like you and also uses broom stems for many things :whistle:
    Jiffy my hubby does it himself like you and also uses broom stems for many things :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Old Faithfulls.

Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of...
    Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of yesteryear are still being used. Compared to some of yesterday that have passed their use by date.
    Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of yesteryear are still being used. Compared to some of...
    Great tool the bilhook. Comes in a variety of shapes. Yes! very easy to self inflict accidents with it until you get the balance of it. Fantastic when chopping/shaping stakes.Tools of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. kr236rk

Lawn nightmare :-o

Martin hubby as a grinder like yourself and they soon sharpen blades mate
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. martin-f
    Like x 3

Conah 20 Metre Hose

What's wrong with the red as I think it looks alright mate and you did the bracket well :thumbsup:...he's took the hose length along the decking by the building and clipped it on and it's on top of the tap...
    What's wrong with the red as I think it looks alright mate and you did the bracket well :thumbsup:...he's took the hose length along the decking by the building and clipped it on and it's on top of the tap out side.
    What's wrong with the red as I think it looks alright mate and you did the bracket well :thumbsup:...he's took the hose length along the decking by the building and clipped it on and it's on top of the tap out side.
    What's wrong with the red as I think it looks alright mate and you did the bracket well :thumbsup:...he's took the hose length along the decking by the building and clipped it on and it's on top of the tap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Matt-tropical

Hose cart or not

The sun is the biggist killer of hose pipes and then people treading on them when lead on the ground
    The sun is the biggist killer of hose pipes and then people treading on them when lead on the ground
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Clare G

Durable solar fairy light strings- recommendations please!

I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well...
    I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well worth the money easy to wire up and add a nice touch to the garden,It was lovely sat out late...
    I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well worth the money easy to wire up and add a nice...
    I have various lights powered by electricity, ive tried various solar lights and they last two minuets, the ones making the red/blue glow are 5W led colour changeable and only about £13 each well...
    DSC_0069.JPG DSC_0071.JPG DSC_0075.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clanless

Push along

Makes a lot of sense clanless for all the reasons you gave :) I had 3 lawns once.....2 now....and for the very small 3rd one I used a hand push qualcast. It was ideal. That piece of grass has...
    Makes a lot of sense clanless for all the reasons you gave :) I had 3 lawns once.....2 now....and for the very small 3rd one I used a hand push qualcast. It was ideal. That piece of grass has gone Now I use a Bosch cordless ....lightweight, very quiet, cheap, easy to use and stripes the grass.:)
    Makes a lot of sense clanless for all the reasons you gave :) I had 3 lawns once.....2 now....and for the very small 3rd one I used a hand push qualcast. It was ideal. That piece of grass has gone Now I use a Bosch cordless ....lightweight, very...
    Makes a lot of sense clanless for all the reasons you gave :) I had 3 lawns once.....2 now....and for the very small 3rd one I used a hand push qualcast. It was ideal. That piece of grass has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barry79

Remove weeds at cracks and gaps

It’s ok, the EU has agreed on the renewal of the 5 year licence and has a large backing from the U.K. Tuesday 28 November: CLA Rural Business Conference and Glyphosate - Defra in the media
    It’s ok, the EU has agreed on the renewal of the 5 year licence and has a large backing from the U.K. Tuesday 28 November: CLA Rural Business Conference and Glyphosate - Defra in the media
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. pilotax

Minimal set of tools for a new allotment

Fork Spade Rake Good boots Good gloves Loppers Hand saw ( branches etc) Secateurs Good flask (or camping stove) Maybe a secure shed And a comfy deck chair (sit back and admire your work)
    Fork Spade Rake Good boots Good gloves Loppers Hand saw ( branches etc) Secateurs Good flask (or camping stove) Maybe a secure shed And a comfy deck chair (sit back and admire your work)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Your Advice on the below would be appreciated

I had one i secured it to the decking with these.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ChilliPepper

Shredder for smaller, lighter garden waste?

I thought ChilliPepper and PolyHive were looking to chop fine and green waste?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Linz

Need a new mower

That looks amazing for £45 . Reviews are very good as well . May not last as long as premium brands , but I'm sure you'll get at least 5 seasons out of it :blue thumb:
    That looks amazing for £45 . Reviews are very good as well . May not last as long as premium brands , but I'm sure you'll get at least 5 seasons out of it :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ryan1

Which lawnmower?

I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much cheaper and lighter Mountfield which so far has worked OK but I can't see it lasting very long, the...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much cheaper and lighter Mountfield which so far has...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Scrungee

Solid Rubber Tyre Wheelbarrow

This is the wheelbarrow folks.CHASSEUR 90 Ltr
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ryan1

Which lawnmower?

Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as there are with electric models. My lawns are much smaller than yours....prob 10 x 15 m and a smaller...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as there are with electric models. My lawns are much...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. silu
    Like x 4

Fiskars-Excellent product and customer service.

I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades...
    I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades are too short. But ive abused a spade for a few years now, also an X27 log splitter and a small...
    I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades are too short. But ive abused a spade for a few...
    I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.Not happy with their shears...blades...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Newbienoidea

Best strimmer for a gardener?

If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One...
    If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One lesson I’ve found is that the lesser known brands dealerships come and go. My local husky dealership...
    If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One lesson I’ve found is that the lesser known brands...
    If you go to the Stihl website you should be able to locate your nearest. Try other manufactures and see who’s local, very handy when a tool goes down and you need to get parts or repaired. One...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Marley Farley
    Like x 8

How about this for a great Scarecrow

Looking forward to seeing the photos, @Tetters ;):)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options