Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. markie

Petrol Scarifier Buyer Advice

I set the blades high, just enough to lift moss but not enough to rip it to shreds, if the blades are too low you end up weakening the grass and blunting the machine.If needs be say a...
    I set the blades high, just enough to lift moss but not enough to rip it to shreds, if the blades are too low you end up weakening the grass and blunting the machine.If needs be say a neglected lawn then I will scarifiy a second time at 90 degrees to the first, possibly reapeating in 3...
    I set the blades high, just enough to lift moss but not enough to rip it to shreds, if the blades are too low you end up weakening the grass and blunting the machine.If needs be say a neglected lawn then I will scarifiy a second time at 90...
    I set the blades high, just enough to lift moss but not enough to rip it to shreds, if the blades are too low you end up weakening the grass and blunting the machine.If needs be say a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. MINGER

Bosch Art 23 Easytrim strimmer

you can download the instruction manuals here.the bottom download is just in english!!
    you can download the instruction manuals here.the bottom download is just in english!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Harmony Arb

Cylinder or Hover?

Lloyds Paladin would be my cylinder of choice
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Howard

Secateurs

I use a small pair of Wilkinsons which I had when I went to college. They are really excellent and much better than the current ones on the market. Buying now I would have said Felco but I picked...
    I use a small pair of Wilkinsons which I had when I went to college. They are really excellent and much better than the current ones on the market. Buying now I would have said Felco but I picked up a pair of Barnel B7's for Michele at the Winsor show and they are a real joy to use.
    I use a small pair of Wilkinsons which I had when I went to college. They are really excellent and much better than the current ones on the market. Buying now I would have said Felco but I picked up a pair of Barnel B7's for Michele at the Winsor...
    I use a small pair of Wilkinsons which I had when I went to college. They are really excellent and much better than the current ones on the market. Buying now I would have said Felco but I picked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. green fingered designer

If you were designing a lawnmower...

1. sturdy but foldable handles and easy to reach controls 2. good "balance" no one wants a machine that is a struggle to turn 3. minimum front of machine to blase clearence for getting right into...
    1. sturdy but foldable handles and easy to reach controls 2. good "balance" no one wants a machine that is a struggle to turn 3. minimum front of machine to blase clearence for getting right into corners 4. wide entrance to grass box. Wet grass will clog in a narrow aperture. Also a grass box...
    1. sturdy but foldable handles and easy to reach controls 2. good "balance" no one wants a machine that is a struggle to turn 3. minimum front of machine to blase clearence for getting right into corners 4. wide entrance to grass box. Wet grass...
    1. sturdy but foldable handles and easy to reach controls 2. good "balance" no one wants a machine that is a struggle to turn 3. minimum front of machine to blase clearence for getting right into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. trying hard

cordless lawnmower

If petrol I would go for a Mountfield 3.5hp (though for a small lawn it might be a bit much)rotary mower for general purposes or Ransomes cylinder for a fine lawn look. For really fine lawns I...
    If petrol I would go for a Mountfield 3.5hp (though for a small lawn it might be a bit much)rotary mower for general purposes or Ransomes cylinder for a fine lawn look. For really fine lawns I can't fault Paladin, I used one on a bowling green that was 20 years old and still going well on 3 cuts...
    If petrol I would go for a Mountfield 3.5hp (though for a small lawn it might be a bit much)rotary mower for general purposes or Ransomes cylinder for a fine lawn look. For really fine lawns I can't fault Paladin, I used one on a bowling green...
    If petrol I would go for a Mountfield 3.5hp (though for a small lawn it might be a bit much)rotary mower for general purposes or Ransomes cylinder for a fine lawn look. For really fine lawns I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Korbinian

New Lawnmower

If it has a Lithium-Ion (Li-on) battery then it will charge to about 80% in about 30 mins (depending on charger) plus it will not loose it's charge when not in use.You can also top it up when...
    If it has a Lithium-Ion (Li-on) battery then it will charge to about 80% in about 30 mins (depending on charger) plus it will not loose it's charge when not in use.You can also top it up when ever as this sort of battery doesn't have a memory.
    If it has a Lithium-Ion (Li-on) battery then it will charge to about 80% in about 30 mins (depending on charger) plus it will not loose it's charge when not in use.You can also top it up when ever as this sort of battery doesn't have a memory.
    If it has a Lithium-Ion (Li-on) battery then it will charge to about 80% in about 30 mins (depending on charger) plus it will not loose it's charge when not in use.You can also top it up when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Paladin

Shredder.

Quiet (drum shredders) are good for branches and prunings but not so good for soft green leafy stuff - it tends to clog the cutter - so keep the branches till the end as they will clear a clogged...
    Quiet (drum shredders) are good for branches and prunings but not so good for soft green leafy stuff - it tends to clog the cutter - so keep the branches till the end as they will clear a clogged cutter.Also don't adjust the reaction plate too often, it the output is susaging then wind it in a...
    Quiet (drum shredders) are good for branches and prunings but not so good for soft green leafy stuff - it tends to clog the cutter - so keep the branches till the end as they will clear a clogged cutter.Also don't adjust the reaction plate too...
    Quiet (drum shredders) are good for branches and prunings but not so good for soft green leafy stuff - it tends to clog the cutter - so keep the branches till the end as they will clear a clogged...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. compost maker

Can you sharpen spades ?

Jean do wot baitheplant says you cant go wrong go for it girl
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. borrowers

New mower

Hi all,my first time in 'lawns', please be gentleWell today after getting home from shopping, we noticed our front lawn had been cut by the council. We edge it so they usually leave it...
    Hi all,my first time in 'lawns', please be gentleWell today after getting home from shopping, we noticed our front lawn had been cut by the council. We edge it so they usually leave it alone but i suppose cos it hadn't been cut yet they decided to do it(must say they did a good job,...
    Hi all,my first time in 'lawns', please be gentleWell today after getting home from shopping, we noticed our front lawn had been cut by the council. We edge it so they usually leave it alone but i suppose cos it hadn't been cut yet they...
    Hi all,my first time in 'lawns', please be gentleWell today after getting home from shopping, we noticed our front lawn had been cut by the council. We edge it so they usually leave it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. golfer

All gardeners with electric rotovator/generator

Thanks all for your comments it seems i have done the right thing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. flowerpotty

zomax power tools

thanks nick
    thanks nick
    thanks nick
    thanks nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scotkat

Gardeners tool wrap

http://www.thegardenersshop.co.uk/garden-tool-wrap-417-p.asp This looks handy Skotcat.. ;)
    http://www.thegardenersshop.co.uk/garden-tool-wrap-417-p.asp This looks handy Skotcat.. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Pro Gard

Scarifyer cassets 2 fit cylinder mower

As above does any one use this systme, and does the scarifyer work efectivly?I need to purchase a scarifyer and have �£700 to spend so can either buy an atco balmoral cylinder mower with...
    As above does any one use this systme, and does the scarifyer work efectivly?I need to purchase a scarifyer and have �£700 to spend so can either buy an atco balmoral cylinder mower with scarifyer cassete or a dedicated scarfiyer (Elliet 401)Whilst I could use a cylinder mower on a few of...
    As above does any one use this systme, and does the scarifyer work efectivly?I need to purchase a scarifyer and have �£700 to spend so can either buy an atco balmoral cylinder mower with scarifyer cassete or a dedicated scarfiyer (Elliet...
    As above does any one use this systme, and does the scarifyer work efectivly?I need to purchase a scarifyer and have �£700 to spend so can either buy an atco balmoral cylinder mower with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scotkat

Felco secateurs

Plus guarantee for life no need to buy spares just send your secauteur back to felco and thay come back like new all for the cost of post and packaged. I would not recommend no other felco are...
    Plus guarantee for life no need to buy spares just send your secauteur back to felco and thay come back like new all for the cost of post and packaged. I would not recommend no other felco are the best you can buy.
    Plus guarantee for life no need to buy spares just send your secauteur back to felco and thay come back like new all for the cost of post and packaged. I would not recommend no other felco are the best you can buy.
    Plus guarantee for life no need to buy spares just send your secauteur back to felco and thay come back like new all for the cost of post and packaged. I would not recommend no other felco are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. David G

Best Lawnmower

Dear David Don't know much about electric lawnmowers as I've always had a motor mower. I think I would not like all the trailing wires with an electric mower and would be afraid of running over...
    Dear David Don't know much about electric lawnmowers as I've always had a motor mower. I think I would not like all the trailing wires with an electric mower and would be afraid of running over the cable. My current mower is a Honda rotary ( petrol )I must have had it for nearly 20 years.It...
    Dear David Don't know much about electric lawnmowers as I've always had a motor mower. I think I would not like all the trailing wires with an electric mower and would be afraid of running over the cable. My current mower is a Honda rotary (...
    Dear David Don't know much about electric lawnmowers as I've always had a motor mower. I think I would not like all the trailing wires with an electric mower and would be afraid of running over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Beechleaf

Shredders re-visited

Thanks everyone for the information. I'll feel a bit happier now about getting a new shredder
    Thanks everyone for the information. I'll feel a bit happier now about getting a new shredder
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. chickychic

weed wand

Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene...
    Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene compresion parafin ones.Without fail the job could have been done more efectivly either spraying...
    Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene compresion parafin ones.Without fail the job...
    Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jurassic

Recommended Leaf Blower/Vac

Thanks all, a trip to the local Stihl is the next step
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Pro Gard

How not to use a chainsaw.

he not a patch on my uncle :D the latest is my mum has given him till the end of jan to come round and cut the rest down or she going to do the same to his car
    he not a patch on my uncle :D the latest is my mum has given him till the end of jan to come round and cut the rest down or she going to do the same to his car
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice