1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. stomach

Anyone have a Gladiator 550 hedge trimmer?

Managed to get it started, the instructions says there is a choke lever, but there isn't. Must be an automatic choke.Thanks anyways for the overwhelming responses!! ;)
    Managed to get it started, the instructions says there is a choke lever, but there isn't. Must be an automatic choke.Thanks anyways for the overwhelming responses!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. maltaron

Battery powered garden cart

Also heard from the manufacturers - the product isn't CE certificated, so they can't export it officially to Europe either! :(They don't seem to have plans to get the necessary approval...
    Also heard from the manufacturers - the product isn't CE certificated, so they can't export it officially to Europe either! :(They don't seem to have plans to get the necessary approval either, so - looks like it's the expensive Porter option or a conversion job on some sort of electric...
    Also heard from the manufacturers - the product isn't CE certificated, so they can't export it officially to Europe either! :(They don't seem to have plans to get the necessary approval either, so - looks like it's the expensive Porter...
    Also heard from the manufacturers - the product isn't CE certificated, so they can't export it officially to Europe either! :(They don't seem to have plans to get the necessary approval...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Larburnum

Which Lawnmower

Many Thanks everyone, I am now off to the Easter sales in Homebase etc where there appears to be lots of bargains.
    Many Thanks everyone, I am now off to the Easter sales in Homebase etc where there appears to be lots of bargains.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Hyla arborea

Weed Wrench

No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the...
    No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the production out to a fabrication company when he can find one as he can't keep up with demand, so there will...
    No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the production out to a fabrication company when he can find...
    No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Garden sponge

MANTIS GARDEN TILLER

Something went wrong there, but as I was saying, I have just bought a Mantis and am really looking forward to using it. David.
    Something went wrong there, but as I was saying, I have just bought a Mantis and am really looking forward to using it. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. redfifi1717

Recommendations for tools!

Hi all, For the long lasting (but expensive tools) I use the WOLF range. They are dependable, interchangeable with all styles and lengths of handles. Like the trowel on a 6' handle to get to the...
    Hi all, For the long lasting (but expensive tools) I use the WOLF range. They are dependable, interchangeable with all styles and lengths of handles. Like the trowel on a 6' handle to get to the back of the border. The only drawback is the branch saw is like a piece of foil attached to my 16'...
    Hi all, For the long lasting (but expensive tools) I use the WOLF range. They are dependable, interchangeable with all styles and lengths of handles. Like the trowel on a 6' handle to get to the back of the border. The only drawback is the branch...
    Hi all, For the long lasting (but expensive tools) I use the WOLF range. They are dependable, interchangeable with all styles and lengths of handles. Like the trowel on a 6' handle to get to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Wrenhere

Flame gun for weed killing

Walnut,we too have one of those Parasene wands,and have just restocked up with the cannisters.We have all but given up with the large Sheen one because of the weight of the thing.Those wands are...
    Walnut,we too have one of those Parasene wands,and have just restocked up with the cannisters.We have all but given up with the large Sheen one because of the weight of the thing.Those wands are good as well for starting off bonfires on the lottie.I wouldn't be without mine.I don't even know...
    Walnut,we too have one of those Parasene wands,and have just restocked up with the cannisters.We have all but given up with the large Sheen one because of the weight of the thing.Those wands are good as well for starting off bonfires on the...
    Walnut,we too have one of those Parasene wands,and have just restocked up with the cannisters.We have all but given up with the large Sheen one because of the weight of the thing.Those wands are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. oktarine

Dutch Hoe - Cheap

Popped into Homebase today and picked up a Bargain:They are selling off Dutch Hoe's ( Stainless head / wooden handle ), originally priced at �£12.99, now only �£6.50. Apparently item is...
    Popped into Homebase today and picked up a Bargain:They are selling off Dutch Hoe's ( Stainless head / wooden handle ), originally priced at �£12.99, now only �£6.50. Apparently item is discontinued stock !Barcode number is: 940000650095012095045441 If that helps !Happy hunting !TTFN
    Popped into Homebase today and picked up a Bargain:They are selling off Dutch Hoe's ( Stainless head / wooden handle ), originally priced at �£12.99, now only �£6.50. Apparently item is discontinued stock !Barcode number is:...
    Popped into Homebase today and picked up a Bargain:They are selling off Dutch Hoe's ( Stainless head / wooden handle ), originally priced at �£12.99, now only �£6.50. Apparently item is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. maltaron

Battery powered tractor.

Hi maltaron. I can find battery-powered trucks at www.epowertrucks.co.uk - but they aren't mowers. (I looked under their "tow tractors" section.) Was that what you were looking for??Or an...
    Hi maltaron. I can find battery-powered trucks at www.epowertrucks.co.uk - but they aren't mowers. (I looked under their "tow tractors" section.) Was that what you were looking for??Or an electric ride-on mower conversion under development at: www.electrictractor.net - not available yet, and...
    Hi maltaron. I can find battery-powered trucks at www.epowertrucks.co.uk - but they aren't mowers. (I looked under their "tow tractors" section.) Was that what you were looking for??Or an electric ride-on mower conversion under development at:...
    Hi maltaron. I can find battery-powered trucks at www.epowertrucks.co.uk - but they aren't mowers. (I looked under their "tow tractors" section.) Was that what you were looking for??Or an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. r2oo

Vacuum cleaner stuff

I have been composting my hooverings regularly - most of it breaks down - though I have found that the pen lids, small lego type toys and tinsel pieces etc don't decompose as readily! If I'm...
    I have been composting my hooverings regularly - most of it breaks down - though I have found that the pen lids, small lego type toys and tinsel pieces etc don't decompose as readily! If I'm not using them for planting seeds, I tend to compost toilet roll tubes too. All my guinea pig...
    I have been composting my hooverings regularly - most of it breaks down - though I have found that the pen lids, small lego type toys and tinsel pieces etc don't decompose as readily! If I'm not using them for planting seeds, I tend to...
    I have been composting my hooverings regularly - most of it breaks down - though I have found that the pen lids, small lego type toys and tinsel pieces etc don't decompose as readily! If I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. oktarine

Fork Handles

Nice one Geoff, you dont see stores like that anymore, not quite the same in B&Q. Hard to believe thats over thirty years old now.
    Nice one Geoff, you dont see stores like that anymore, not quite the same in B&Q. Hard to believe thats over thirty years old now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Pix

Garden Shredder

There's another thread on this subjext in the general gardening section....http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002614Looks like a few people like the...
    There's another thread on this subjext in the general gardening section....http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002614Looks like a few people like the helical screw Bosch one
    There's another thread on this subjext in the general gardening section....http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002614Looks like a few people like the helical screw Bosch one
    There's another thread on this subjext in the general gardening section....http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002614Looks like a few people like the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hyla arborea

Tubing for spraybars

Wee Hee!! Guess what? Doing my occasional trawl on Ebay I've found a 20-gallon sprayer that will fit beautifully in my mini trailer and spray a four-metre swathe at a time... and it's well under...
    Wee Hee!! Guess what? Doing my occasional trawl on Ebay I've found a 20-gallon sprayer that will fit beautifully in my mini trailer and spray a four-metre swathe at a time... and it's well under half the price of the AgriFab or Westwood kit. Also has a lance. So with a Shurflo pump at around...
    Wee Hee!! Guess what? Doing my occasional trawl on Ebay I've found a 20-gallon sprayer that will fit beautifully in my mini trailer and spray a four-metre swathe at a time... and it's well under half the price of the AgriFab or Westwood kit. Also...
    Wee Hee!! Guess what? Doing my occasional trawl on Ebay I've found a 20-gallon sprayer that will fit beautifully in my mini trailer and spray a four-metre swathe at a time... and it's well under...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. compostee

leaf blower

Try this one http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. weekend gardener

tools

I'm so glad you got your tools back pal. Although i was mad about my trolley and wheelbarrow getting stolen, they were only valuable to me. The trolley was on it's last legs, and the wheelbarrow...
    I'm so glad you got your tools back pal. Although i was mad about my trolley and wheelbarrow getting stolen, they were only valuable to me. The trolley was on it's last legs, and the wheelbarrow was given to me, unfortunatly if i put heavy stuff in it the wheel went flat, so they didn't get a...
    I'm so glad you got your tools back pal. Although i was mad about my trolley and wheelbarrow getting stolen, they were only valuable to me. The trolley was on it's last legs, and the wheelbarrow was given to me, unfortunatly if i put heavy stuff...
    I'm so glad you got your tools back pal. Although i was mad about my trolley and wheelbarrow getting stolen, they were only valuable to me. The trolley was on it's last legs, and the wheelbarrow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. use to be gardener

tools

I've still got the flymo out, but I agree - far too wet and muddy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Royster

Chain Saws

Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my...
    Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my hawthornes (which had delusions of grandeur thinking they were oak trees)brought my apple trees back into...
    Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my hawthornes (which had delusions of grandeur thinking ...
    Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Tom_Key

Lawn Mower Design - Manoeuvrable mowers

I've seen the manoeuvrable anes on displays in garden centres, and had the feeling they'd be subject to the same problems as supermarket trolleys - and looks like that's exaactly what happens, as...
    I've seen the manoeuvrable anes on displays in garden centres, and had the feeling they'd be subject to the same problems as supermarket trolleys - and looks like that's exaactly what happens, as per DaveW's reply.The easiest mowers to manoeuvre are the flymos, but then they're hard to keep in...
    I've seen the manoeuvrable anes on displays in garden centres, and had the feeling they'd be subject to the same problems as supermarket trolleys - and looks like that's exaactly what happens, as per DaveW's reply.The easiest mowers to...
    I've seen the manoeuvrable anes on displays in garden centres, and had the feeling they'd be subject to the same problems as supermarket trolleys - and looks like that's exaactly what happens, as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tortuosa
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. linlin

Trailer for ride on mower

I use mine for pulling the big green trade bins around the school two at a time with no problems
    I use mine for pulling the big green trade bins around the school two at a time with no problems
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice