1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. macleaf

Shredder

Great fun aren't they, when I've finished I go around the garden lopping branches off all over the place.
    Great fun aren't they, when I've finished I go around the garden lopping branches off all over the place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lazy-gardener

handle broken- no parts available!!

Or do it the sneaky way, go to Homebase, buy one of their flimsy B&D/Bosch/Powercrud lines (or whatever) and take out their three year extended guarantee that costs about twelve quid or so. At...
    Or do it the sneaky way, go to Homebase, buy one of their flimsy B&D/Bosch/Powercrud lines (or whatever) and take out their three year extended guarantee that costs about twelve quid or so. At least you will get another machine if it snaps/twists/bits fall off/etc. I don't agree with the...
    Or do it the sneaky way, go to Homebase, buy one of their flimsy B&D/Bosch/Powercrud lines (or whatever) and take out their three year extended guarantee that costs about twelve quid or so. At least you will get another machine if it...
    Or do it the sneaky way, go to Homebase, buy one of their flimsy B&D/Bosch/Powercrud lines (or whatever) and take out their three year extended guarantee that costs about twelve quid or so. At...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Clematis

Wolf Spade

Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow -...
    Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow - can't rely on these men!!! (lol) I'll let you know if I succeed. Many thanks for your help.
    Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow - can't rely on these men!!! (lol) I'll let you know if...
    Good idea - M5 here I come - bet it digs faster than the workmen already there!!!!!!!!Nick - found a picture on Ebay - shows me just what I need to know. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. McGardener

alco lawn mower service

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/1859603378/all/026-9162302-5159650 Amazon has it cheaper ;)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/1859603378/all/026-9162302-5159650 Amazon has it cheaper ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. cattwoman25

best lawn mower ?

my current lawnmower is was passed on to me from my parents when i moved house. it is a qualcast i believe and it is absolutely brilliant. does line really nicely and it isnt at all heavy.
    my current lawnmower is was passed on to me from my parents when i moved house. it is a qualcast i believe and it is absolutely brilliant. does line really nicely and it isnt at all heavy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Don Johnson

Strimmer line breaking

It's all about memory - some plastics have a memoryUnlike me - I was the template for Dory!! (Finding Nemo?)
    It's all about memory - some plastics have a memoryUnlike me - I was the template for Dory!! (Finding Nemo?)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. supersadie

FREE SHED!!

Hi and welcome!What a fantastic offer - too far for me I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will snap it up.
    Hi and welcome!What a fantastic offer - too far for me I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will snap it up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lady Gardener

wheeelbarrows

re tools in van , i can reverse up to a wall , also i look out over car park as do 25 other flats!
    re tools in van , i can reverse up to a wall , also i look out over car park as do 25 other flats!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mistys

Shredder

dendrobium, you are welcome to bring all your stuff for shredding, but you'll have to be quick, we might start charging soon. :D
    dendrobium, you are welcome to bring all your stuff for shredding, but you'll have to be quick, we might start charging soon. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Lady Gardener

rotavator

It is if your backs knackered. More than ten minutes digging these days and I cant stand up straight for a couple of days. Thats why I got one, it fits into small spaces as well, if you get the...
    It is if your backs knackered. More than ten minutes digging these days and I cant stand up straight for a couple of days. Thats why I got one, it fits into small spaces as well, if you get the right attachments, apparently you can use it to weed between rows of veg etc.
    It is if your backs knackered. More than ten minutes digging these days and I cant stand up straight for a couple of days. Thats why I got one, it fits into small spaces as well, if you get the right attachments, apparently you can use it to...
    It is if your backs knackered. More than ten minutes digging these days and I cant stand up straight for a couple of days. Thats why I got one, it fits into small spaces as well, if you get the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. LCH

Hiring Equipment

try google
    try google
    try google
    try google
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Lady Gardener

rotary seive

great idea frogs, and i could use it for mixing compost,and/or cement, and that kindo of half cement half peat stuff you make troughs out of
    great idea frogs, and i could use it for mixing compost,and/or cement, and that kindo of half cement half peat stuff you make troughs out of
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. frogesque

Stainless Steel Tools

The best ones are usually the ones that are all one piece, with wooden shaft. The best border forks and spades I've had are Draper. The tines in the forks don't get so easily mangled as (e.g)...
    The best ones are usually the ones that are all one piece, with wooden shaft. The best border forks and spades I've had are Draper. The tines in the forks don't get so easily mangled as (e.g) the B+ Q ones. Quite agree, TLG, re the edgers from B+Q - bend almost as soon as you put them in the...
    The best ones are usually the ones that are all one piece, with wooden shaft. The best border forks and spades I've had are Draper. The tines in the forks don't get so easily mangled as (e.g) the B+ Q ones. Quite agree, TLG, re the edgers from...
    The best ones are usually the ones that are all one piece, with wooden shaft. The best border forks and spades I've had are Draper. The tines in the forks don't get so easily mangled as (e.g)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Liz

Mechanical problem

having used large rotary mowers for years follow this.... make sure that the blade is secure by wedging a piece of wood between blade and body to remove the bolt turn spanner CLOCKWISE to replace...
    having used large rotary mowers for years follow this.... make sure that the blade is secure by wedging a piece of wood between blade and body to remove the bolt turn spanner CLOCKWISE to replace bolt ANTI CLOCKwise. they are done this way for safety as mentioned. hope you get it off!
    having used large rotary mowers for years follow this.... make sure that the blade is secure by wedging a piece of wood between blade and body to remove the bolt turn spanner CLOCKWISE to replace bolt ANTI CLOCKwise. they are done this way for...
    having used large rotary mowers for years follow this.... make sure that the blade is secure by wedging a piece of wood between blade and body to remove the bolt turn spanner CLOCKWISE to replace...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lady Gardener

sprayers

i ve bid for a spreader on ebay, inadvertantly entering wrong price, so ill prob win it! can i mix something with grass seed to use it for broadcasting? also, some1 suggested preparing...
    i ve bid for a spreader on ebay, inadvertantly entering wrong price, so ill prob win it! can i mix something with grass seed to use it for broadcasting? also, some1 suggested preparing seed/compost by mixing together for a few days to accelerate germination, any1 tried that, and would this mix...
    i ve bid for a spreader on ebay, inadvertantly entering wrong price, so ill prob win it! can i mix something with grass seed to use it for broadcasting? also, some1 suggested preparing seed/compost by mixing together for a few days to accelerate...
    i ve bid for a spreader on ebay, inadvertantly entering wrong price, so ill prob win it! can i mix something with grass seed to use it for broadcasting? also, some1 suggested preparing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. gingatulip29

mower spares

I once had a mower i couldn't find the right new blade for, I was lucky, when I took it to big hard ware store in cambridge I found one that I could use by drilling a bigger fitting hole; any...
    I once had a mower i couldn't find the right new blade for, I was lucky, when I took it to big hard ware store in cambridge I found one that I could use by drilling a bigger fitting hole; any chance of that here?
    I once had a mower i couldn't find the right new blade for, I was lucky, when I took it to big hard ware store in cambridge I found one that I could use by drilling a bigger fitting hole; any chance of that here?
    I once had a mower i couldn't find the right new blade for, I was lucky, when I took it to big hard ware store in cambridge I found one that I could use by drilling a bigger fitting hole; any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nic S

Fort Wheel Barrows

Just as a follow up to this, the Screwfix spare wheel is �£12.99. Reference is 20600.Description as follows:Pneumatic wheel 360mmdiameter 360mm. Fits most wheelbarrows. 100kg load rating....
    Just as a follow up to this, the Screwfix spare wheel is �£12.99. Reference is 20600.Description as follows:Pneumatic wheel 360mmdiameter 360mm. Fits most wheelbarrows. 100kg load rating. Rubber tyre inflates to 2.0bar. Bore size 25mm.We've used Screwfix for years - never had any...
    Just as a follow up to this, the Screwfix spare wheel is �£12.99. Reference is 20600.Description as follows:Pneumatic wheel 360mmdiameter 360mm. Fits most wheelbarrows. 100kg load rating. Rubber tyre inflates to 2.0bar. Bore size 25mm. ...
    Just as a follow up to this, the Screwfix spare wheel is �£12.99. Reference is 20600.Description as follows:Pneumatic wheel 360mmdiameter 360mm. Fits most wheelbarrows. 100kg load rating....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jenny

Strimmer

I know of at least one council who always hires the strimmers the men use - so they always have the most up-to-dat-model, like Hans says!! ;)
    I know of at least one council who always hires the strimmers the men use - so they always have the most up-to-dat-model, like Hans says!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MICK FORD

Land Master L120 rotavator

I would take the belt along to a local agricultual machinery outlet, and quite often a belt from another machine will fit or they will point you in the right direction.
    I would take the belt along to a local agricultual machinery outlet, and quite often a belt from another machine will fit or they will point you in the right direction.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lady Gardener

hedgecutter pull start wont recoil

"best option if all else fails i find hammers can work, if the little one doesn't work, just try a slightly larger one, and so on................"That's called "Percussive maintenance". Often...
    "best option if all else fails i find hammers can work, if the little one doesn't work, just try a slightly larger one, and so on................"That's called "Percussive maintenance". Often works wonders and can be very satisfying. Next step is a scoot of WD40. And if all else fails hand it...
    "best option if all else fails i find hammers can work, if the little one doesn't work, just try a slightly larger one, and so on................"That's called "Percussive maintenance". Often works wonders and can be very satisfying. Next step...
    "best option if all else fails i find hammers can work, if the little one doesn't work, just try a slightly larger one, and so on................"That's called "Percussive maintenance". Often...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice