1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. stomach

Anyone have a Gladiator 550 hedge trimmer?

Managed to get it started, the instructions says there is a choke lever, but there isn't. Must be an automatic choke.Thanks anyways for the overwhelming responses!! ;)
    Managed to get it started, the instructions says there is a choke lever, but there isn't. Must be an automatic choke.Thanks anyways for the overwhelming responses!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snorky85

Anyone got a Miracle Gro Aerobounty??

I go for cheap, really cheap, like right out of the recycle bin. You really don't need anything fancy for hydroponics.
    I go for cheap, really cheap, like right out of the recycle bin. You really don't need anything fancy for hydroponics.
    IMG_7651.PNG gcc.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Olivia9801

Any tips re my faulty Hozelock sprinkler

I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. Following the advice from this and other posts I spent...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. ...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ellwilll

any recommended chipper/shredders?

Found mine off ebay, 2nd hand. Its made by Lynx whioch I can neither find on internet or by word of mouth so was a bit of a punt but its an absolute workhorse!Try to find one near to you so...
    Found mine off ebay, 2nd hand. Its made by Lynx whioch I can neither find on internet or by word of mouth so was a bit of a punt but its an absolute workhorse!Try to find one near to you so you can go round and check it over before handing over cash.
    Found mine off ebay, 2nd hand. Its made by Lynx whioch I can neither find on internet or by word of mouth so was a bit of a punt but its an absolute workhorse!Try to find one near to you so you can go round and check it over before handing...
    Found mine off ebay, 2nd hand. Its made by Lynx whioch I can neither find on internet or by word of mouth so was a bit of a punt but its an absolute workhorse!Try to find one near to you so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. silu

Any ideas re a visor which wouldn't steam up?

Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method sadly.The mesh visors are fine for hedge cutting, but for chainsaw work I plan it in very short...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method sadly.The mesh visors are fine for hedge...
    Products that you wipe on glasses to stop them steaming up DO NOT WORK when you have another layer over them such as overgoggles, and using them doing chainsaw work. There's no really good method...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Carlmank

Any Idea what this is

Gillian Bliss pottery........perhaps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shaun

Any Electric Hedge Trimmer Recommendations?

In the end I went for a Stihl with hedge trimmer and pole pruner attachments. Very happy indeed :-) although with the shaft extension it can be a bit heavy to maneuver.
    In the end I went for a Stihl with hedge trimmer and pole pruner attachments. Very happy indeed :-) although with the shaft extension it can be a bit heavy to maneuver.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. old codger

ancient rotary mower

Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil...
    Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil too?????I'll be waiting patiently, regards, OC.
    Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil too?????I'll be waiting patiently, regards, OC.
    Thanx alot 'The Master'.......all I need now is the points GAP and i'll be running.....all right, walking. C'mon you green fingered lot, there must be more info out there, looking for a coil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Howard

Allen 450 Hover

Hi, Any feedback on Allen hover mowers. Purely for some rough banked areas, destroyed my old b&decker . I am looking at the 450 modelthanks Howard
    Hi, Any feedback on Allen hover mowers. Purely for some rough banked areas, destroyed my old b&decker . I am looking at the 450 modelthanks Howard
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. golfer

All gardeners with electric rotovator/generator

Thanks all for your comments it seems i have done the right thing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. stumorphmac

Aldi Hedge trimmer

I joined this forum to ask about a good hedge trimmer so although I cannot help on this one, your answers have been very useful so thanks!Jeff
    I joined this forum to ask about a good hedge trimmer so although I cannot help on this one, your answers have been very useful so thanks!Jeff
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. alex-adam
    Informative x 4

Aldi bargain 100 litre Water Butt

I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the...
    I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the 'rounded tops' are weaker and you might get a nasty crack in your butt if emptying a heavy water...
    I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the 'rounded tops' are weaker and you might get a...
    I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. McGardener

alco lawn mower service

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/1859603378/all/026-9162302-5159650 Amazon has it cheaper ;)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/1859603378/all/026-9162302-5159650 Amazon has it cheaper ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lazydog

Advice required ref. cold frame

Flat beer is fine take no notice of me Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Advice re gales and greenhouse

I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the...
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the outside, once the wind gets inside it can be bye bye to most of your glazing.
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the outside, once the wind gets inside it can be bye bye to...
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. apkfjk

Advice on Lawn Rollers

Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in...
    Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in there. OK, you can take the items out, but that depends on how many large items there are to move first...
    Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in there. OK, you can take the items out, but that depends on...
    Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dougy

Advice on a petrol mower

Welcome to Gardeners Corner I think I'd better point out that this thread is over three years old.
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner I think I'd better point out that this thread is over three years old.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dougy

Advice on a petrol lawn mower

etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs...
    etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs approx £120 had a quick look on ebay, and there is this one for £495 (he is open for offers):...
    etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs approx £120 had a quick look on ebay, and there...
    etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Steve R

Advice needed - plastic repair

Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as...
    Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as vacuum cleaners etc ( always done on night shift in the lab) :wink: this liquid was great for repairs...
    Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as vacuum cleaners etc ( always done on night shift in...
    Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sian in Belgium

Advice for new petrol rotary powered lawn mower

I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John...
    I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John Deere RUN46 (£400) as a best buy. Fairly closely followed by Makita PLM1521 - no grass box (£372),...
    I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John Deere RUN46 (£400) as a best buy. Fairly closely...
    I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice