1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. andypinks

Wheel Barrow for £40

Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden...
    Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden twine) and blown the tyre back up but still going strong. Don`t buy new stuff ever if you can help it.
    Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden twine) and blown the tyre back up but still going...
    Carboot carboot and carboot. Mine was a fiver-don`t know its make, don`t much care had it for about 4 yrs now, it looks a bit knackered and Ive had to replace some of the clips ( with garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lady Gardener

wheeelbarrows

re tools in van , i can reverse up to a wall , also i look out over car park as do 25 other flats!
    re tools in van , i can reverse up to a wall , also i look out over car park as do 25 other flats!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. madcaster

whats the best mowers?

pleasure mate and good luck!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Juvenile

Whats difference between rotovater and tiller?

One is a steering device found at the back of a boat, the other is used to turn over the soil. :hapydancsmil: I think they are used for the same purpose, it is just that a tiller is smaller and not quite as...
    One is a steering device found at the back of a boat, the other is used to turn over the soil. :hapydancsmil: I think they are used for the same purpose, it is just that a tiller is smaller and not quite as robust as a rotavator. Cheers, Tony.
    One is a steering device found at the back of a boat, the other is used to turn over the soil. :hapydancsmil: I think they are used for the same purpose, it is just that a tiller is smaller and not quite as robust as a rotavator. Cheers, Tony.
    One is a steering device found at the back of a boat, the other is used to turn over the soil. :hapydancsmil: I think they are used for the same purpose, it is just that a tiller is smaller and not quite as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. moonraker

Whats been the most waste of money tool you've got?

I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. J S Country Tools

What's your favourite hand tool?

Just purchased a mini pick mattock - this little beauty is invaluable for lifting compacted clay soil :blue thumb:. Saves loads of time which would have otherwise been spent digging over with a fork and spade.
    Just purchased a mini pick mattock - this little beauty is invaluable for lifting compacted clay soil :blue thumb:. Saves loads of time which would have otherwise been spent digging over with a fork and spade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Loofah

What's your favourite gardening implement?

This is my favourite gardening 'implement' - well, I do use it in the garden :D when I have time - and I have to sit and keep an eye on Mr JJ :thumb: ___________________________
    This is my favourite gardening 'implement' - well, I do use it in the garden :D when I have time - and I have to sit and keep an eye on Mr JJ :thumb: ___________________________
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

What Type Of Sander

This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds have a tendency to drop off the object, and strip something that doesnt need it. Unless, of course,...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds have a tendency to drop off the object, and strip...
    This is only an opinion, and therefore neither right nor wrong.I personally would never use any kind of paint stripper for a project for a couple of reasons.First, even the "jellied" kinds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Choc

What type of mower do you use & why?

Only if your the stig:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Portisgrass

What type of hedge trimmer to buy

This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    This is the best most powerful ,strongest ,longest elec. hedge trimmer that I know of. Not the cheapest but will last.Bosch AHS 70-34 700W Electric Hedge Trimmer 240V
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. NessaJ70

What type of chipper/shredder to buy?

Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the best one I have is a 30 year old Bolens, which I re-engined a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, in...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the best one I have is a 30 year old Bolens, which I...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mailliw

What tap-to-hose attachment do I need?

:thmb::thmb: Excellent..!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. FrankE

What succession of sizes of plug trays, flats and pots do you use?

Bh, I was looking at the teku black square pts on ebay and he 7x7 going by the reviews aren't the same relative strength as the 11s or 13s. Back to te drawing board. I like that neat stack of pots...
    Bh, I was looking at the teku black square pts on ebay and he 7x7 going by the reviews aren't the same relative strength as the 11s or 13s. Back to te drawing board. I like that neat stack of pots scrungee Saves so much time and effort by standardising, organizing and having everything...
    Bh, I was looking at the teku black square pts on ebay and he 7x7 going by the reviews aren't the same relative strength as the 11s or 13s. Back to te drawing board. I like that neat stack of pots scrungee Saves so much time and effort by...
    Bh, I was looking at the teku black square pts on ebay and he 7x7 going by the reviews aren't the same relative strength as the 11s or 13s. Back to te drawing board. I like that neat stack of pots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HowardH

What strimmer??

I've recently bought a Stihl (Petrol though ...) One thing I like is that you can "bump" the spool on the ground and the rotation causes it to release one new length of cable (maybe they all...
    I've recently bought a Stihl (Petrol though ...) One thing I like is that you can "bump" the spool on the ground and the rotation causes it to release one new length of cable (maybe they all have that these days? The one I replaced was 20 years old - I can recommend that make too (except I...
    I've recently bought a Stihl (Petrol though ...) One thing I like is that you can "bump" the spool on the ground and the rotation causes it to release one new length of cable (maybe they all have that these days? The one I replaced was 20 years...
    I've recently bought a Stihl (Petrol though ...) One thing I like is that you can "bump" the spool on the ground and the rotation causes it to release one new length of cable (maybe they all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Frog6284

What Secateurs for arthritic hands?

Thank you all for your replies, I will look into the Felcos and Gardena as well as the Bosch. I am not sure if I can take her in to a shop as I live 350miles away and would have to wait until I...
    Thank you all for your replies, I will look into the Felcos and Gardena as well as the Bosch. I am not sure if I can take her in to a shop as I live 350miles away and would have to wait until I visit her, but I could be an option.Thanks again :)
    Thank you all for your replies, I will look into the Felcos and Gardena as well as the Bosch. I am not sure if I can take her in to a shop as I live 350miles away and would have to wait until I visit her, but I could be an option.Thanks again :)
    Thank you all for your replies, I will look into the Felcos and Gardena as well as the Bosch. I am not sure if I can take her in to a shop as I live 350miles away and would have to wait until I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. chilswell

What power Scythe?

I feel a song coming on. "One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow, one man and his dog etc. etc.:biggrin:Just ignore me.:rolleyespink:
    I feel a song coming on. "One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow, one man and his dog etc. etc.:biggrin:Just ignore me.:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mikethebook

What mower should we buy for our large lawn?

yes etesia and john deere is what we use at work and both are decent mowers but they do carry a high price new and just your luck finding used. noticed on gumtree (glasgow) a guy selling 2 etesia...
    yes etesia and john deere is what we use at work and both are decent mowers but they do carry a high price new and just your luck finding used. noticed on gumtree (glasgow) a guy selling 2 etesia pro a few weeks ago £150 eachthere are no reviews for these mowers so cant say if they collect...
    yes etesia and john deere is what we use at work and both are decent mowers but they do carry a high price new and just your luck finding used. noticed on gumtree (glasgow) a guy selling 2 etesia pro a few weeks ago £150 eachthere are no...
    yes etesia and john deere is what we use at work and both are decent mowers but they do carry a high price new and just your luck finding used. noticed on gumtree (glasgow) a guy selling 2 etesia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lolimac
    Like x 8

What is your favorite/most useful garden tool ?

Just ordered these two, hopefully will be even better than their JB counterparts. :)Border Fork - RHS EndorsedRound Tined Fork - RHS EndorsedNick
    Just ordered these two, hopefully will be even better than their JB counterparts. :)Border Fork - RHS EndorsedRound Tined Fork - RHS EndorsedNick
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. steve75

What is this worth

As you say in your earlier post if the buyer needs to clean and touch up paintwork it will detract from price. Even though this will not improve the performance I have decided to give it a spruce...
    As you say in your earlier post if the buyer needs to clean and touch up paintwork it will detract from price. Even though this will not improve the performance I have decided to give it a spruce up, i have the paint anyway so its not costing me anything other than time. You would not sell a car...
    As you say in your earlier post if the buyer needs to clean and touch up paintwork it will detract from price. Even though this will not improve the performance I have decided to give it a spruce up, i have the paint anyway so its not costing me...
    As you say in your earlier post if the buyer needs to clean and touch up paintwork it will detract from price. Even though this will not improve the performance I have decided to give it a spruce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. amme

what is the best incinerator to get

see your other thread for non-incinerator suggestions.There can be local bye-laws about bonfires
    see your other thread for non-incinerator suggestions.There can be local bye-laws about bonfires
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice