1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. weedaway

Which Lawn Mower Would You Choose

I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound around the centre spindle like thick lengths of...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tinkerbelle61

Is this a propagator? But no ventilation?

Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have...
    Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have any ventilation.I’ve googled the make and wiki says “Breveté SGDG was a French type of patent that...
    Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have any ventilation.I’ve googled the make and wiki...
    Hi allI have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have...
    A0DEF8B8-7033-4A7B-9401-1383FD168A54.jpeg E7F4E9C0-8849-45C0-95A0-A3A3FF7A5413.jpeg 162759BA-64EA-494C-BD0F-F9AF6848798E.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Electric tillers

You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into...
    You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into your back garden. Mushroom compost is a good conditioner for clay soil, worms will mix it in over...
    You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into your back garden. Mushroom compost is a good...
    You could go down the no-dig route as it less labour intensive. For the price of an electric tiller you could get a delivery of mushroom compost. Pay them a fiver tip and they may hump it into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. hans

Old greenhouse structural problem

HiI have not read all of the above in case it has already been said.Its just the way aluminium oxidizes and degrades over time, there is nothing you can do really even the expensive ones...
    HiI have not read all of the above in case it has already been said.Its just the way aluminium oxidizes and degrades over time, there is nothing you can do really even the expensive ones covered in plastic will blow up after a while where the moisture gets underneath from condensation. The...
    HiI have not read all of the above in case it has already been said.Its just the way aluminium oxidizes and degrades over time, there is nothing you can do really even the expensive ones covered in plastic will blow up after a while where the...
    HiI have not read all of the above in case it has already been said.Its just the way aluminium oxidizes and degrades over time, there is nothing you can do really even the expensive ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Hobbynut

Hey Hoe!

Hi @Hobbynut I am also pretty weak and feeble, so I use a border fork, and only attempt when the ground is a bit damp, not like concrete. The advantage of a fork is that you are not trying to...
    Hi @Hobbynut I am also pretty weak and feeble, so I use a border fork, and only attempt when the ground is a bit damp, not like concrete. The advantage of a fork is that you are not trying to force through a large area at once. Slowly, but surely... or to quote a Welsh proverb from my youth...
    Hi @Hobbynut I am also pretty weak and feeble, so I use a border fork, and only attempt when the ground is a bit damp, not like concrete. The advantage of a fork is that you are not trying to force through a large area at once. Slowly, but...
    Hi @Hobbynut I am also pretty weak and feeble, so I use a border fork, and only attempt when the ground is a bit damp, not like concrete. The advantage of a fork is that you are not trying to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Howard Stone

Tool for moving heavy plant pots.

I think you'll probably be ok so long as the base and sides are strong enough. You'll just need those ratchet ties on the sides to pull the sack truck flush against the side. A small chock at the...
    I think you'll probably be ok so long as the base and sides are strong enough. You'll just need those ratchet ties on the sides to pull the sack truck flush against the side. A small chock at the back of the sack truck plate might help the base sit better.
    I think you'll probably be ok so long as the base and sides are strong enough. You'll just need those ratchet ties on the sides to pull the sack truck flush against the side. A small chock at the back of the sack truck plate might help the base...
    I think you'll probably be ok so long as the base and sides are strong enough. You'll just need those ratchet ties on the sides to pull the sack truck flush against the side. A small chock at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Olivia9801

Any tips re my faulty Hozelock sprinkler

I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. Following the advice from this and other posts I spent...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. ...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. 2nd_bassoon

Talk to me about wheelbarrows

And when moving a loaded barrow, there can be as much or more force needed to hold it steady sideways as lifting or pushing. Capsizes are not uncommon! :rolleyespink:
    And when moving a loaded barrow, there can be as much or more force needed to hold it steady sideways as lifting or pushing. Capsizes are not uncommon! :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mazambo

Pressure washer problem

Sometimes there's a gasket or O-ring that gets brittle and doesn't keep the seal. Worth changing those regularly anyway. If I get leaks on connectors, a lot of times that solves it. But I'd agree...
    Sometimes there's a gasket or O-ring that gets brittle and doesn't keep the seal. Worth changing those regularly anyway. If I get leaks on connectors, a lot of times that solves it. But I'd agree with @HarryS - there can be quite a difference in quality of the connectors
    Sometimes there's a gasket or O-ring that gets brittle and doesn't keep the seal. Worth changing those regularly anyway. If I get leaks on connectors, a lot of times that solves it. But I'd agree with @HarryS - there can be quite a difference in...
    Sometimes there's a gasket or O-ring that gets brittle and doesn't keep the seal. Worth changing those regularly anyway. If I get leaks on connectors, a lot of times that solves it. But I'd agree...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Clare G

Durable solar fairy light strings- recommendations please!

I have always found that the facade of the little solar collectors on these go cloudy quickly. I got a couple of extra seasons out of mine by using a Mr. Cleans scrubby to or extra fine sand paper...
    I have always found that the facade of the little solar collectors on these go cloudy quickly. I got a couple of extra seasons out of mine by using a Mr. Cleans scrubby to or extra fine sand paper to clear some of the cloudy bit and then used floor wax. Yes, that horrible stufff we used to put...
    I have always found that the facade of the little solar collectors on these go cloudy quickly. I got a couple of extra seasons out of mine by using a Mr. Cleans scrubby to or extra fine sand paper to clear some of the cloudy bit and then used...
    I have always found that the facade of the little solar collectors on these go cloudy quickly. I got a couple of extra seasons out of mine by using a Mr. Cleans scrubby to or extra fine sand paper...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clanless

Net pond scoop

Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for...
    Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for cakes which have worked perfectly!!:heehee:
    Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for cakes which have worked perfectly!!:heehee:
    Well, that's exactly what I use for skimming the surface of the pond clean of leaves and debris, clanless and, to scoop up mud from the bottom of the pond I bought two small small mesh covers for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MGBessent

Help for Watering Can on a Pump

Haha Thank you, She did ask for a 10 liter one so ill respect that and assume she knows what shes doing
    Haha Thank you, She did ask for a 10 liter one so ill respect that and assume she knows what shes doing
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

Spray lance recommendation

@Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close...
    @Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close together in many towns.
    @Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close together in many towns.
    @Loofah Toolstation was started up by the same guy who founded Screwfix then sold it to Kingfisher (B&Q) - so there is a lot of rivalry between the two chains. You will find them very close...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. moonraker

Whats been the most waste of money tool you've got?

I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fat Controller

Shredder - can it be fixed?

Nah, I put my boot through that :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Pressure washer lifespan

Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get...
    Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get another year or two out of it.
    Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get another year or two out of it.
    Good news! I found a place selling a replacement nozzle and hose for a smidge over £30 delivered. An equivalent would be around £200 or so, so I think £30 is worth a punt even if I only get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rustyroots

New watering can.

I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be...
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be the ideal option as you could see the can in the flesh and get a better idea of how sturdy it is....
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be the ideal option as you could see the can in the...
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be...
    RSCN1234.JPG RSCN1236.JPG RSCN1239.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. alana

Grass Trimmers

I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did...
    I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did not get great reports. May be worth checking it out.
    I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did not get great reports. May be worth checking it out.
    I use a B and D cordless strimmer, which is great for light trimming of grass etc etc . I t uses a nylon strimmer cord. Does the Gtech use a plastic blade? Bosch used plastic blades and they did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Palustris

Replacing a part on a Bosch chain saw

Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can...
    Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can buy the piece easily enough BUT as anyone ever fitted one and if so how hard was it?
    Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can buy the piece easily enough BUT as anyone ever...
    Stupidly managed to break the part of the chain saw which operates the fast brake feature. If you have a Bosch saw then you will know which part I mean. It is called a Protective shield. I can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Robert Anderson

Cordless tillers.

Thanks to both for your reply.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice