1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. NessaJ70

What type of chipper/shredder to buy?

Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the best one I have is a 30 year old Bolens, which I re-engined a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, in...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the best one I have is a 30 year old Bolens, which I...
    Speaking as someone that has no less than three shredders, choosing a shredder is a difficult thing. None of the ones I have will do all of the jobs I need doing.The biggest, and possibly the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. luciusmaximus

Internal electric propagator temperature

Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air...
    Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air and heat moving evenly.If your box is small a tubular heater might be too big, so look at heating...
    Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air and heat moving evenly.If your box is small a...
    Hi,Agree with @andrews if temperature is that critical.I use a similar set up for a small enclosure growing orchids at 15c, however for best results you need to add a small fan to keep the air...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Palustris

Chain sawing wet conifer roots.

Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably...
    Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably about a quarter of the size of the last place. This is what we began with in this part of the garden.
    Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably about a quarter of the size of the last place. This...
    Yes, the garden here was full of Conifers with a Leylandii hedge top and bottom. The bottom hedge is now out and replaced with a fence. The top hedge will go next year. This garden is probably...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. thatfatbloke

Obstinate Flymo blade

If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by...
    If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by Stilsons and/or the adjustable spanner, that is.
    If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by Stilsons and/or the adjustable spanner, that is.
    If heat cant be used, try going the other way and using a freeze spray such as Freeze Off by CRC. Then an Impact Driver with the correct sized socket. If the head is not already destroyed by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. misterQ

Cheap Two-piece Bypass Secateurs

Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments...
    Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments of dried, very hard 13mm London Plane tree branch.As you can see, the messy cuts...
    Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments of dried, very hard 13mm London Plane tree...
    Cutting Test.14mm diameter London Plane sapling, 20mm HDPE water tubing and 17mm OD hose.Rapid fire snipping cuts.Alternating between secateurs to cut off approx 8mm segments...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ridgiemum

Bulb hole maker thingy.....

Well I still think these are the best.. planted several thousand with these..
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RobB

One handed shears

Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit...
    Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit the post. EDIT. :wow: It did:yes: Thanks Nick.:ThankYou:
    Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit the post. EDIT. :wow: It did:yes: Thanks Nick.:ThankYou:
    Let's see, GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg. I think as I use a chromebook I have to download the image to my files first. Won't know if it works until I submit...
    GTO-SHGSHEAR-burgon-and-ball-single-handed-grass-shear-01_large.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Warwick lad

PH soil meters

Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact...
    Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact that their gardens will not be suitable :noidea:
    Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact that their gardens will not be suitable :noidea:
    Agree Sian:) A combination of the two I think :) Mind you, I often see folks pushing baskets full of plants to their cars ranging from acid lovers to lime lovers and they seem oblivious to the fact...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CarolineL

Help re Brushcutter/multihead tool

Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I...
    Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I probably will have to get some kit someday! I have used Ryobi for hand battery tools (drill, sander...
    Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I probably will have to get some kit someday! I have...
    Hi @Perki, @Liz the pot thanks for the response. Yes, it's a trade off between cost of equipment and just getting someone in to do the main clearing. However as there are 18 acres of woodland, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ricky101

Best Budget Bypass Secateurs ..?

I'd buy the felcos. I am terrible at misplacing things but I always put my secateurs in the same place after I've used them.One of the only items that I always know where to find them.
    I'd buy the felcos. I am terrible at misplacing things but I always put my secateurs in the same place after I've used them.One of the only items that I always know where to find them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Who am I?

Thank you Hozelock.

I use TricoflexTricoflex Hose Pipes - PitchcareIt’s a heavy hose, I’ve got it wound on a basic hose spool and it’s been great but it’s stiff compared to other hoses and very resilient to...
    I use TricoflexTricoflex Hose Pipes - PitchcareIt’s a heavy hose, I’ve got it wound on a basic hose spool and it’s been great but it’s stiff compared to other hoses and very resilient to crushing and kinking. No problem with water flow to the pressure washer I use.
    I use TricoflexTricoflex Hose Pipes - PitchcareIt’s a heavy hose, I’ve got it wound on a basic hose spool and it’s been great but it’s stiff compared to other hoses and very resilient to crushing and kinking. No problem with water flow to the...
    I use TricoflexTricoflex Hose Pipes - PitchcareIt’s a heavy hose, I’ve got it wound on a basic hose spool and it’s been great but it’s stiff compared to other hoses and very resilient to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Clare G

Recommendations for a branch lopper?

I have a Fiskars lopper. The type with a cord that runs down a groove in the pole to a ball you pull at the end to work the jaws. These come in different lengths, the longer the more expensive. I...
    I have a Fiskars lopper. The type with a cord that runs down a groove in the pole to a ball you pull at the end to work the jaws. These come in different lengths, the longer the more expensive. I bought mine in B&Q a few years ago.I extended mine by attaching a long tube to the handle and...
    I have a Fiskars lopper. The type with a cord that runs down a groove in the pole to a ball you pull at the end to work the jaws. These come in different lengths, the longer the more expensive. I bought mine in B&Q a few years ago.I extended...
    I have a Fiskars lopper. The type with a cord that runs down a groove in the pole to a ball you pull at the end to work the jaws. These come in different lengths, the longer the more expensive. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Eden1

Best way to clean secateurs and shears

1:9 Thin bleach:water
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nicholas Burman

Garden hose coupling slipping from hose

Some times a bit of gresse or Vaseline on the taper of the tighting nut helps to get it tighter as sometimes plastic on plastic can get dry/rough and not do up any more
    Some times a bit of gresse or Vaseline on the taper of the tighting nut helps to get it tighter as sometimes plastic on plastic can get dry/rough and not do up any more
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. zilly

Help Needed

Thank you for replies. Luckily were speaking with a neighbour who has an extendable cutter which is used for removing branches from electric/telephone wires.
    Thank you for replies. Luckily were speaking with a neighbour who has an extendable cutter which is used for removing branches from electric/telephone wires.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. gary s

old Suffolk punch mower problem

Sounds like something has seized. With the motor shut down, how hard is it to rotate the blade manually? If it's hard to do this, then you need to do a thorough maintenance/cleaning and...
    Sounds like something has seized. With the motor shut down, how hard is it to rotate the blade manually? If it's hard to do this, then you need to do a thorough maintenance/cleaning and lubricating according to manufacturers instructions.
    Sounds like something has seized. With the motor shut down, how hard is it to rotate the blade manually? If it's hard to do this, then you need to do a thorough maintenance/cleaning and lubricating according to manufacturers instructions.
    Sounds like something has seized. With the motor shut down, how hard is it to rotate the blade manually? If it's hard to do this, then you need to do a thorough maintenance/cleaning and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. andrews

Suggestions for Irrigation Systems

I'm trying to ease the watering burden on the in-laws for when we go on holiday.We have a lot of tubs around the back of the house that need watering regularly. Ive tried drip systems on...
    I'm trying to ease the watering burden on the in-laws for when we go on holiday.We have a lot of tubs around the back of the house that need watering regularly. Ive tried drip systems on water butts but these tend to clog or are not easy to regulate - they seem to be all or nothing and no...
    I'm trying to ease the watering burden on the in-laws for when we go on holiday.We have a lot of tubs around the back of the house that need watering regularly. Ive tried drip systems on water butts but these tend to clog or are not easy to...
    I'm trying to ease the watering burden on the in-laws for when we go on holiday.We have a lot of tubs around the back of the house that need watering regularly. Ive tried drip systems on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nicholas Burman

Sprinkler queation

Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground,...
    Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground, degree of dryness of soil. Considering temperature, how much spray will be vapourised prior to...
    Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground, degree of dryness of soil. Considering temperature,...
    Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Carlmank

Any Idea what this is

Gillian Bliss pottery........perhaps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. andrews

Petrol Mower Help / Advice

Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on (...
    Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on ( they slide in things ) one got lost and the box were very difficult to put on.Its a pretty good mow...
    Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on ( they slide in things ) one got lost and the box were...
    Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on (...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice