Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Nicholas Burman

Sprinkler queation

Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground,...
    Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground, degree of dryness of soil. Considering temperature, how much spray will be vapourised prior to...
    Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground, degree of dryness of soil. Considering temperature,...
    Thanks Quentin for providing the maths. In addition. IMO considerations need to be observered.The amount height and coverage of vegitation, time taken for water to effectively hit the ground,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Carlmank

Any Idea what this is

Gillian Bliss pottery........perhaps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. andrews

Petrol Mower Help / Advice

Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on (...
    Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on ( they slide in things ) one got lost and the box were very difficult to put on.Its a pretty good mow...
    Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on ( they slide in things ) one got lost and the box were...
    Shame about the plug in box design they have made it much more difficult than what most other mowers have. You may have to glue the rubber things :scratch: on the grass box what the grass box sits on (...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Retired

Bag filling.

Hi,I too use the sheet method Jiffy; it's excellent isn't it. :yes: Our site is very steep indeed and I find it to my benefit whilst at the top of the garden; I like to shred as much as possible so...
    Hi,I too use the sheet method Jiffy; it's excellent isn't it. :yes: Our site is very steep indeed and I find it to my benefit whilst at the top of the garden; I like to shred as much as possible so lay a tarpaulin on the ground and load this with garden debris; the tarpaulin makes a very good sled...
    Hi,I too use the sheet method Jiffy; it's excellent isn't it. :yes: Our site is very steep indeed and I find it to my benefit whilst at the top of the garden; I like to shred as much as possible so lay a tarpaulin on the ground and load this with...
    Hi,I too use the sheet method Jiffy; it's excellent isn't it. :yes: Our site is very steep indeed and I find it to my benefit whilst at the top of the garden; I like to shred as much as possible so...
    Garden June 2019_008 (3).JPG Garden June 2019_008 (4).JPG Garden June 2019_008 (5).JPG Garden June 2019_008 (6).JPG Garden June 2019_008 (1).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Retired

Rufforth Auto Jumble.

Hi,Weather permitting I attend Rufforth Auto Jumble near York the first Saturday of each month as I've done this morning. Rufforth to me is like a candy store to a child; I always return home...
    Hi,Weather permitting I attend Rufforth Auto Jumble near York the first Saturday of each month as I've done this morning. Rufforth to me is like a candy store to a child; I always return home with lots of goodies and today was no exception.I arrived on site at 7am it being just an hours...
    Hi,Weather permitting I attend Rufforth Auto Jumble near York the first Saturday of each month as I've done this morning. Rufforth to me is like a candy store to a child; I always return home with lots of goodies and today was no exception.I...
    Hi,Weather permitting I attend Rufforth Auto Jumble near York the first Saturday of each month as I've done this morning. Rufforth to me is like a candy store to a child; I always return home...
    Rufforth items_001.JPG Rufforth items_002.JPG Rufforth items_006.JPG Rufforth items_008.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. hoofy

Which tool to take 8 inch off top of privet hedge?

I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform height.They must have wasted £1,000's of NT members subscriptions with their stupid, pedantic...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform height.They must have wasted £1,000's of NT...
    I watched the gardeners at a local NT property carefully measuring the height they're cutting every stem at, when that's all totally unnecessary as it can all be later topped to a higher uniform...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Zola

Lawn Aerator - Petrol or Electric?

Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning...
    Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning zone.Scarifying basically means, a concerted effort to rake a grass area so as to dislodge and...
    Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning zone.Scarifying basically means, a concerted...
    Please friends don't offense as none is intended. The internet and gardening forums etc have certainly brought likeminded folk together. So as a result we may find ourselves in a new learning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kellys_eye

Sprinkler recommendations

As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not...
    As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not very good in my opinion as they don't seem to water the full spray area.
    As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not very good in my opinion as they don't seem to...
    As Graham said above think about area cover. I prefer the oscillating bar type of sprinkler, as Mike showed. These range from Wilkos at £9 to £45 . I also have a flying saucer type, as photo, not...
    P1060644.JPG SI15813-40.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NessaJ70

Recommendations for petrol strimmer

Thanks for this Liz, we're sorted now thank you. We've got a MTD one which seems to do the job well.
    Thanks for this Liz, we're sorted now thank you. We've got a MTD one which seems to do the job well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Greg C

Petrol lawnmower issues

Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove...
    Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove the carb float for cleaning so I'm not sure if I have moved something about with the screws there so...
    Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove the carb float for cleaning so I'm not sure if I...
    Thanks for the great suggestions. My mower doesn't seem to have idle screws as that was one of the first things I looked for. I had drained my old petrol at the end of last season. I did remove...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Janet mahay

Pressure washer

:bigthumb::thanks:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Webmaster

Kent and Stowe digging spade ..... Snapped !

Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.....
    Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.. Thank goodness no injuries..! :yikes:
    Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.. Thank goodness no injuries..! :yikes:
    Thank goodness as that was definitely a faulty one I would have said and like Pete never seen one go like that before, but there must have been tension there if it went bang when it snapped.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

New Border Spade

Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good...
    Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good advice and so thank you to both of you,much appreciated my friends,and thank you @Clare G thank you...
    Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good advice and so thank you to both of you,much...
    Good afternoon @Marley Farley my friend I purchased this one as I did take notice of your advice and went for Spear and jackson" I just liked the feel and balance of it(ie our friend @Verdun good...
    spade.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blackburn

How to use this tool

Paul can you show us what a vintage Joseph Bentley Steel Herbaceous cropping pruning tool, is?It means nothing to me.:biggrin:Maybe old Joe Bentley should have stuck to making cars.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Paul can you show us what a vintage Joseph Bentley Steel Herbaceous cropping pruning tool, is?It means nothing to me.:biggrin:Maybe old Joe Bentley should have stuck to making cars.:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

How to sharpen Secateurs

I always manage to lose mine before they need sharpening !
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. hedgefog

Difference between Anvil Loper vs. ByPass Loper?

To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if you try to prune too thick a branch. I did one in,...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if...
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.A Barnel telescopic(stock photo)They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes...
    P1000654.JPG s-l1600.jpg 100000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mike Allen

Electric garden leaf blower,vac,mulcher

Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The...
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The prevailing wind herded all the leaves into his front garden. Sometimes three feet deep after a gale :snorky:
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The prevailing wind herded all the leaves into his front...
    Luckily all the trees in my garden are tactically positioned to shed 80% of the leaves onto the neighbours gardens. One of my workmates had the opposite problem , living near an open park. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee

Electric dehumidifier

I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but...
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but maybe that would be best practice?
    I do that,hasnt done any harm,but to be mega safe maybe worth putting a drollet of bleach in the water before giving it to pkants to stop any botrytis etc spreading ? Ive nevre bothered myself but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Steve R
    Like x 6

8 x 2 Heated Propagator.

It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover the cables. They don't do any damage and have...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. silu

Solar powered water pump.

That looks and sounds a great little set up @CanadianLori :thumbsup:I have a solar powered pump but it only stores a few hrs of use as long as no timer on it as well.. My panel is 12"x 18" though so titchy..
    That looks and sounds a great little set up @CanadianLori :thumbsup:I have a solar powered pump but it only stores a few hrs of use as long as no timer on it as well.. My panel is 12"x 18" though so titchy..
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice