1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Biofreak
    Like x 3

Gardening with The Moon and Biodynamiques (Part Three)

Part 1 - Gardening by the MoonPart 2 - Gardening with The Moon & Biodynamics (Part Two)They mostly consist of @Biofreak updating us on the biodynamic calendar to guide gardening activities. ...
    Part 1 - Gardening by the MoonPart 2 - Gardening with The Moon & Biodynamics (Part Two)They mostly consist of @Biofreak updating us on the biodynamic calendar to guide gardening activities. More recently she's been following courses and smeinars and adding extra info about method,...
    Part 1 - Gardening by the MoonPart 2 - Gardening with The Moon & Biodynamics (Part Two)They mostly consist of @Biofreak updating us on the biodynamic calendar to guide gardening activities. More recently she's been following courses and...
    Part 1 - Gardening by the MoonPart 2 - Gardening with The Moon & Biodynamics (Part Two)They mostly consist of @Biofreak updating us on the biodynamic calendar to guide gardening activities. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. frank taylor

coir for compost

With newspaper I get one entire section, and use garden secateurs to make small cuts across the folded side, spaced quite narrowly. I then tear off thick wads of narrow strips using those cuts as...
    With newspaper I get one entire section, and use garden secateurs to make small cuts across the folded side, spaced quite narrowly. I then tear off thick wads of narrow strips using those cuts as starts. I've found this a very easy way to generate a large amount of shredded material in little time.
    With newspaper I get one entire section, and use garden secateurs to make small cuts across the folded side, spaced quite narrowly. I then tear off thick wads of narrow strips using those cuts as starts. I've found this a very easy way to...
    With newspaper I get one entire section, and use garden secateurs to make small cuts across the folded side, spaced quite narrowly. I then tear off thick wads of narrow strips using those cuts as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. OwdPotter

Hydrangea Annabelle

I recently moved my Annabelle to a better, more prominent position but haven't pruned it as yet. Mine will just get a light trim
    I recently moved my Annabelle to a better, more prominent position but haven't pruned it as yet. Mine will just get a light trim
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. vbgr

Bumper crop of potatoes

I never take much notice of those dates they give out, it's really just a guide. The longer you can keep a maincrop going the bigger the potatoes will be.
    I never take much notice of those dates they give out, it's really just a guide. The longer you can keep a maincrop going the bigger the potatoes will be.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. BFOSP

Time to plant runner beans?

I put some in at this time last year and found myself picking them right till the end of October. So fingers crossed Sian you'll be ok.
    I put some in at this time last year and found myself picking them right till the end of October. So fingers crossed Sian you'll be ok.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Oakapple

What paint to use on fence?

Just an update, and I appreciated your tips Pete and JR.My fence was painted a couple of years ago with Cuprinol Shades paint in a pale green, but the price of the paint is eye watering, so I used...
    Just an update, and I appreciated your tips Pete and JR.My fence was painted a couple of years ago with Cuprinol Shades paint in a pale green, but the price of the paint is eye watering, so I used dark oak one coat I found in B&Q ( although will do two coats) it was only £8 for a large tub.It...
    Just an update, and I appreciated your tips Pete and JR.My fence was painted a couple of years ago with Cuprinol Shades paint in a pale green, but the price of the paint is eye watering, so I used dark oak one coat I found in B&Q ( although will...
    Just an update, and I appreciated your tips Pete and JR.My fence was painted a couple of years ago with Cuprinol Shades paint in a pale green, but the price of the paint is eye watering, so I used...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jenny namaste
    Like x 3

Fruit preserving season

If you use recycled jam/honey jar's and you have problems getting the old glue off the jar's use a little bit of coconut oil 100% raw, rub a little bit on the glue, leave for a while then wash off
    If you use recycled jam/honey jar's and you have problems getting the old glue off the jar's use a little bit of coconut oil 100% raw, rub a little bit on the glue, leave for a while then wash off
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. hedgefog

Cutting Hedge on December?

Euonymus 'emerald n gold' might be a good idea at the base to thicken it up a bit - thanks for the suggestion @shiney ..... :dbgrtmb:
    Euonymus 'emerald n gold' might be a good idea at the base to thicken it up a bit - thanks for the suggestion @shiney ..... :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Annemieke

Pick hops for insomnia!

It was probably the hops in the beer that made them sleepy .....:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mike Allen

Chelsea Flower Show 2018

I've only watched a few recorded episodes of Chelsea .....bit samey, not enough about the plants and, of course, more than a little artificial but still enjoyable.Nice to see Rachel de Thame...
    I've only watched a few recorded episodes of Chelsea .....bit samey, not enough about the plants and, of course, more than a little artificial but still enjoyable.Nice to see Rachel de Thame make an appearance. She is battling cancer and I wish her well. :)
    I've only watched a few recorded episodes of Chelsea .....bit samey, not enough about the plants and, of course, more than a little artificial but still enjoyable.Nice to see Rachel de Thame make an appearance. She is battling cancer and I...
    I've only watched a few recorded episodes of Chelsea .....bit samey, not enough about the plants and, of course, more than a little artificial but still enjoyable.Nice to see Rachel de Thame...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BeeHappy
    Like x 4

What cuttings have the GC members taken for overwintering 2017

I accidentally broke off a piece from one of the Ribes yesterday so have stuck it in a glass of water. It's never occurred to me to actually take Ribes cuttings before :doh:. I googled it and they are...
    I accidentally broke off a piece from one of the Ribes yesterday so have stuck it in a glass of water. It's never occurred to me to actually take Ribes cuttings before :doh:. I googled it and they are very easy to propagate.
    I accidentally broke off a piece from one of the Ribes yesterday so have stuck it in a glass of water. It's never occurred to me to actually take Ribes cuttings before :doh:. I googled it and they are very easy to propagate.
    I accidentally broke off a piece from one of the Ribes yesterday so have stuck it in a glass of water. It's never occurred to me to actually take Ribes cuttings before :doh:. I googled it and they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. GardeningFin

Spring bulbs - too late??

thank you @Linz and for your subscribing. not to good at responding to those that do.
    thank you @Linz and for your subscribing. not to good at responding to those that do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. 2nd_bassoon

Is it too early to cut back dahlias?

Even the experts get hot under the collar about this Scudo so you will get a different view to mine ...that's fine :) However, I have recently been cutting down my dahlias just as I have always...
    Even the experts get hot under the collar about this Scudo so you will get a different view to mine ...that's fine :) However, I have recently been cutting down my dahlias just as I have always done. They do not suffer a jot. I do so for a number of reasons......one is I want to allow space for...
    Even the experts get hot under the collar about this Scudo so you will get a different view to mine ...that's fine :) However, I have recently been cutting down my dahlias just as I have always done. They do not suffer a jot. I do so for a number...
    Even the experts get hot under the collar about this Scudo so you will get a different view to mine ...that's fine :) However, I have recently been cutting down my dahlias just as I have always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

2017 AUTUMN PLANTING FOR 2018 - SPRING SCENT AND COLOUR

@ARMANDII and @Tetters I LUV Luv LUV your gardens- IMHO just perfick :dbgrtmb::whistle:well i would say that as there Wildlife friendly :heehee:But seriously .....both the kind of garden's to sit, enjoy peace...
    @ARMANDII and @Tetters I LUV Luv LUV your gardens- IMHO just perfick :dbgrtmb::whistle:well i would say that as there Wildlife friendly :heehee:But seriously .....both the kind of garden's to sit, enjoy peace tranquility and being at one with Mother Nature:imphrt:not forgetting a small one or two of these to aid the...
    @ARMANDII and @Tetters I LUV Luv LUV your gardens- IMHO just perfick :dbgrtmb::whistle:well i would say that as there Wildlife friendly :heehee:But seriously .....both the kind of garden's to sit, enjoy peace tranquility and being at one with Mother Nature:imphrt:not...
    @ARMANDII and @Tetters I LUV Luv LUV your gardens- IMHO just perfick :dbgrtmb::whistle:well i would say that as there Wildlife friendly :heehee:But seriously .....both the kind of garden's to sit, enjoy peace...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Joyce Esau

To seal or not to seal

Definitely clear from me.....no seal :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scudo
    Like x 12

Gardening 1952

I recall buying an old Percy Thrower book at a car boot, the advise for pretty much every disease, fungus was to use DDT!
    I recall buying an old Percy Thrower book at a car boot, the advise for pretty much every disease, fungus was to use DDT!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. philip

When and how much to cut back perennials?

I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However,...
    I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However, Penstemons not being the hardiest of plants are best left to the Spring to prune unless perhaps you live in...
    I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However, Penstemons not being the hardiest of plants are best left...
    I am glad you mentioned the type of herbaceous perennials you have as most varieties can be cut back either in the Autumn or in the Spring with little difference to the outcome . However,...
    IMG_3010.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. "M"
    Like x 3

2016 Autumn planting for 2017 Spring scent and colour.

A new one to me , very pretty . Added it to my wish list for next year , thanks @Anthony Rogers :dbgrtmb:
    A new one to me , very pretty . Added it to my wish list for next year , thanks @Anthony Rogers :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Markymark

Pruning my shrubs...now?

You are indeed correct....I cut it back and found the label ha ha
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ariadae
    Like x 5

Tempted! And gave in ....

Oh dear, @Scrungee, super-reduced bulbs, the weekend I will be home in the UK....:sad::yay::hapydancsmil::yay:
    Oh dear, @Scrungee, super-reduced bulbs, the weekend I will be home in the UK....:sad::yay::hapydancsmil::yay:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice