2020 mail order plugs, plants - bargains & deals

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by nightofjoy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. nightofjoy

nightofjoy Gardener

Ratings:
    +20
    Given that we can't really consider garden centre visits 'essential' aright now, and buying plants over the counter is going to get more and more tricky as the lockdown progresses/deepens, how about a thread for people to post links to online plant bargains? Plugs, pots etc?

I've signed up for alerts from the major players, and a couple of the better discount sites, but I've had plenty of sound advice on here so I thought I'd suggest it.

Apologies if this sort of thing already exists on here (link?) thanks.

Here are the only two obvious ones I can see right now. There are further offers when you go on the websites, and some offer a further still reduction for newsletter sign-up...

12 Busy Lizzie plug plants £2.99 + £4.95 delivery at Van Meuwen - hotukdeals

20 'Lucky Dip' Hanging Basket Plants (Fuchsia and Petunia Plants) £7 All-in, £6.94 at Thompson & Morgan

2. Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,557
    Van meuwen and T&M I believe are part of the same company . I haven't bought plants from either of these but I've heard mixed reviews . T&M seeds have been good quality for me.

The only place I've bought bedding plants online from is Jersery plants direct which I found good quality and ideal if you want alot of plants. If you're after pack of 12 and other bits and bobs T&M and many others are probably the better option. Supermarket still sell plants , aldi sell smaller plants in little plastic propagators , maybe next time you go food shopping have a look.

3. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,209
    Good offfers there @nightofjoy, we have bought from both several times and received good plants.

However, one word of warning for Spam Haters, both VM and T&M have , since at least last year, been owned by the same company , BVG and once you have ordered they will spam you almost daily for the rest of the year, refusing to allow you to unscubcribe and even after speaking to them direct when they say they will, they do not.

If you must order with them , then use say a Gmail address or similar where the provider readily allows you to filter out such spam.

Just so disappointing that once such reputable companies now apdopt such bad marketing practices...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • nightofjoy

nightofjoy Gardener

Ratings:
      +20