A little Identification Help Please

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Greecko, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Greecko

Greecko Gardener

Ratings:
    +86
    Basically this is at my Parents house, and most of these Tree's were planted then I believe, which is a good 10 years ago.
    ive attached a few images of the trees, I think one is a green maple at the bottom? while one was broken in the wind and sent up a runner that is a red maple?

however the rest im unsure, particularly the other red leafed tree

overall my dad would like either a bush or tree to replace the dead one

where we live has no cover at all and can get very windy, as well as being on a hill so the soil isnt great! have you guys any recommendations of trees thay are hardy and readily available?

EDIT: Sorry Im having a little trouble with uploading my photos but I believe the other red coloured tree is a purple beech? It is an extremely deep purple colour and has the leaves of a beech tree, so it seems to fit!

the other green tree is a mystery and alas I now have no idea of what the dead tree's are to find out what doesn't work!

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,690
    Sorry, without the photos we aren't really able to identify anything. Maybe if you got in touch with one of the admin they will help sort out your photo problem :blue thumb:. They're good at that sort of thing :)