1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

A SERIOUS APPEAL FOR A RESOURCEFUL AND BRAVE ENTREPRENEUR

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by LawnAndOrder, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,608
    I use the shelves from a mini 'blowaway' greenhouse. They have curved edges just enough to sit proud of the ground and don't need pinning down.

• Like Like x 2
    • LawnAndOrder

LawnAndOrder Gardener

Dilettante
      Ratings:
      +275
      If they are sufficiently tapered for stacking, that’s it, you’ve done it!

The order of the Garter has been mentioned on this Forum, but you deserve better than that; I am hoping that shiney will award you the GCOM, and perhaps even a knighthood; Arise, Sir Loofah has a very nice ring to it; even if She doesn’t actually say it, I say it, and so say all of us!

This finally puts paid to my wife’s scepticism as to whether joining this Forum was worth the exorbitant green fees! When I said it was free, she said: You’ve obviously found a recipe for the proverbial free lunch, then?
      I ignored the sarcasmic intimation. She put the salad on the table. I said: Ah, I seem to be getting another free lunch right here.
      That’s what you think!
      she said.
      I hadn’t been thinking that, actually; what I had been thinking about was how to lay the joists on the foundations of her Pleasure Platform (and I’ve done it now - see Goliath Undefeated).

But, Loofah, your contribution will prove momentous when I can finally get rid of all this mickey mouse higgledy-piggledy junk (below); the only good thing about that mess is that it deters potential robbers, as it reminds them of the penitentiary ... What with that bamboo and now the Pleasure Platform, I don’t need to be reminded of it, I am IN it!

upload_2022-7-11_12-1-14.jpeg
      Thank you to the "Nth" degree. I am honoured, as I was not aware that someone who had been a member of this prestigious organisation for such a short period of time could be put in such a high position of authority; but, since I have been, I do have — not an “ordre” — but a request: should you have at your disposal the necessary means and software, would you be able to tell me if the last line of Candide has ever been used as a signature by a member of this forum? I would be surprised if it hadn’t (and my wife says Nah, it’s far too naff! ... However, Les choses étant ce qu'elles sont ...).

The combined problem-solving capabilities of the great leaders of this Forum beg the question as to whether they might consider running countries (should time allow[*]), something we would all be very grateful for.

[*] not much time required, apparently.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,491
        Not within the time I have been here. :)

You are most welcome to use it.

As my pal Voltaire said:- “Originality is nothing but judicious imitation.”

• LawnAndOrder

LawnAndOrder Gardener

Dilettante
        Ratings:
        +275
        We don't do "intrusive r's"!

• Funny Funny x 1
        • shiney

Ratings:
          +118,491
          We also rarely talk about body parts. :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 2
          • noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +14,369
            Oh go on, shiney....petites fesses has such a lovely ring to it :biggrin:

• shiney

Ratings:
            +118,491
            It's certainly a better terminology in French :blue thumb: The trouble is I now have a problem getting some images out of my mind. :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 1