1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

A Tree, a Climber etc and oops I have a Forest Garden

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Stuart Fawcett, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Stuart Fawcett

Stuart Fawcett Gardener

IT
    Ratings:
    +104
    I'm sure many of us share that feeling of lets just squeeze another plant in, well we have been doing that for a good few years now. Progressing through trees, then smaller trees, climbers and fruit bushes and veg. Recently we even curved our main path down the garden and ended up with what looks like a glade in the middle of trees. The the other day we saw this was a thing called a forest garden - https://spiralseed.co.uk/making-forest-garden/.
    At least I now have a garden type name for our very busy garden :)

Has anyone else here also got a forest garden?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,035
      Three quarters of my allotment is a forest garden.
      It's mostly large shrubs and some small trees.
      I'm in the process of getting rid of the grass underneath and putting down chippings from my shredder.

Putting a few primroses in now and bluebells. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
      • DevonPhil

DevonPhil Gardener

Artist
        Ratings:
        +154
        We've inherited a slice of very pretty woodland at the back of our garden. We're only just learning what's there as new things seem to appear almost on a weekly basis. Looking at your Sprialseed link our garden follows some of the same rules. The back edge is tree lined with Elm, Oak and Willow. Infront of that is hazel, dropping down to an array of bushes (as yet unidentified). So far this year, we've seen the ground covered by Daffs, Bluebells, Primrose and Wild Garlic. There is also plenty of ivy climbing up the trees.

My parents are visiting for the first time this year, so hoping my mum will be able to help identify most if not all of the garden.

• Like Like x 2