1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Acer Tree: Help Please

Discussion in 'Container Gardening' started by Stephen1986, Jul 26, 2019.

1. For009

For009 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hola Stephen1986, ¿mejoraron la condición de su planta? Te pregunto por qué tuve un problema similar, y como no podía resolverlo, elegí podar mi árbol de arce . Ahora estoy esperando ver si comienza a mejorar, pero hasta ahora no ha mejorado. Si logras buenos resultados con tu acer, ¿me cuentas lo que hiciste?

2. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    May I ask what are you feeding it with?

3. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    That’s easy for you to say.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +9,233
      Here is what @For009 asked (in Spanish)
      Hi Stephen1986, did you improve the condition of your plant? I ask you why I had a similar problem, and since I couldn't solve it, I chose to prune my maple tree. Now I'm waiting to see if it starts to improve, but so far it hasn't improved. If you achieve good results with your acer, can you tell me what you did?

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,836
        I agree with all the expert opinions and advice given, Stephen, but, as Spruce said, taking the tree out to inspect the roots will probably have a negative effect, especially during the growing season, so it might not recover, but I hope I'm wrong.

You might find a compost mixture of three parts compost, (none of my 4 Acers in pots are soil based as they can get hard when dry), two parts sand, one part grit which will give you the weight and great drainage, and the compost does not have to be ericaceous as they will grow happily in most soils.:dunno::coffee::)

• Like Like x 1
        • Useful Useful x 1