1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant' sun exposure

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Nikolaos, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,289
    Hi All,

Planning to plant 6 of these in a border where they will get varying amounts of shade, from minimum part shade to maximum. (3-6 hours) I read that leaves can scorch in full sun so will this be a risk with the ones exposed to it for six hours? Another thing I'm wondering is if the ones which will only get 3 hours of sun will flower as well as the others?

Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant' | bugle 'Catlin's Giant'/RHS Gardening

Thanks,

Nick

2. Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,509
    I wouldn't worry about it Nik , over 6 hours of sun I believe is classed as full sun. I can't say I've ever seen a Ajuga with scorched leaves. And yes they will flower fine in part shade the ones with most sun will be more stressed .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,289
      Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft fence if I knew they would flower well, they would look nice with the pulmonaria which is already there.

Nick