1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajuga reversion?

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Macraignil, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Macraignil

Macraignil Super Gardener

Avoiding getting fired.
    Ratings:
    +774
    I have some variegated Ajuga with some parts after reverting to green wild type. I posted a video showing it here. I was wondering if after it has flowered, I dug out the green parts, is it OK to plant these in other parts if the garden? I looked up comments about this online and the material I found just suggested removing them but I think they could be nice to have in parts of the garden anyway even if they no longer have the variegated markings. I was thinking they might also be a bit stronger than the variegated ones so was thinking of putting them in a few spots where brambles, nettles and some other wild plants seem to move in from outside my garden area. They should still produce some nice flowers and seem to look nice even without the variegation. Is this likely to lead to problems down the line or should I proceed with using the wild type plants? Any opinions appreciated.
    All the best!

2. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    @Macraignil only my thoughts here, if you like them green I'd say go for it, I honestly can't think of any problems you would have but if that happens then you could dig them up again :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1