Aloe Vera Problems

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by intel, Apr 19, 2020.

1. intel

intel Gardener

Ratings:
    +497
    I have a Aloe Vera which is going brown / black, was reading about these and the problems they have browning of the leaves etc.

I don't think is over watered (maybe under watered), it get watered about once every 2 weeks and maybe less in the winter, its in a north facing conservatory, but we are in a bungalow so the shadow of the bungalow is less, the room temperature ranges from 17 .c at night and maybe about 35.c during the day, with sun for at least about 7 hours.

Could this be caused by too much sunlight? was thanking of moving it to a north facing window so there less light but I also noticed that it green in the middle.

Thanks for any help you can give

20200419_231728.jpg 20200419_231733.jpg

2. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    Your plant is from a genus of 300 plus varieties. The structure varies so much. Quite a common fact or is that when their growing enviroment changes, and this can vary dramatically. The plant often takes on this reddish colour.

At a quick glance. I would say the plant is pot-bound. Growing under this condition will cause rapid changes either way, to wet or too dry.

Select a pot say two sizes up. Cover the bottom of the pot with fresh compost, don't add any feed. Now stand the pot inside the new pot and fill in all around and gently firm. Now hold the pot and plant upside down.. A gentle tap and the pot will come away. Now drop the plant into the hole and firm. Soak and leave to drain.

• Like Like x 1
    • intel

intel Gardener

Ratings:
      +497
      OK cheers will try that tomorrow