1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

An Algarve Garden

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Victoria, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,668
    Thank you, Nut ..... I'm so pleased you enjoyed my serenity ..... please feel free to visit if you can .... it's another world and I'm shuttiing down now guys .... beijinhos (that means lots of little kisses) .... xxxx

2. Harmony Arb

Harmony Arb Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    So jealous... :(
    But pleased for you. Looks stonking. I love Portugal... even though I've only been once to Alvor! :thumb:

So jealous... :o

3. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,668
    Thanks treesurfer .... it' is lovely here depending on what you want. Alvor is ace .. :thumb:

4. Bob

Bob Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lots of lovely colour there now LOL,:) just as ours (or rather mine) is starting to fade.

Have to admit, if I were looking for a house out there I probably wouldn't have given your original house a second glance. With hard work you've turned it into a beautiful home.:thumb: Of course, your location ain't bad either.:D

Talking of rain, we've had a mini drought. It didn't rain Saturday or Sunday here. :flwsml:

5. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    Amazing changes in your little eden, even in the last two years:wuvu:

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    stunning LoL, you got some fab flowers in pots

7. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,405
    Gets better every time you post.:thumb: Your Thevetia opens out more then mine, everthing looks fresher than here even though we have had rain but you (your area:rolleyes:) haven't had the wind we have had.:(

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    An amazing transformation my lady,a garden built from the heart.:thumb:

9. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Everything is looking beautiful, Sis, and we'll be seeing it for ourselves again soon. Looking forward to it.

Your Thevetia has bushed out and flowered really well, pretty as a picture . :thumb: How is yours now Strongy? Mine is doing better now that it was repotted but no flowers this year.

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,405
    Kedi, they are flowering continuously but only a couple at time and they have dropped a lot of leaves so don't look as good as Lol's do now.:(

11. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,668
    Sorry, folks, haven't been ignoring your lovely comments ...just haven't been around for a few days.

Cutie, meant to say to you that clay pots are very cheap here. As an example, those marbled pedestal ones are €5 for the small and €10 for the large.

Must admit, bobj, we didn't choose to look at this house .... the estate agent said she thought we should see it. We were a bit shocked when we first saw it but farm workers cottages are very deceiving on the inside and we were impressed with the 17 foot tall pitched Eucalyptus beamed ceilings, a massive fireplace and spacious rooms .... we bought it the next day for £25,000 .... we don't rush into anything ... cough, cough. You have to have 'vision' though.

Thank you Babe and rosa.

Possibly had more wind than you strongy .... that is of the outdoor variety. :D We have had very gusty weather for weeks, little whirlwinds and we have to keep the brollies down and the awnings in. We're forecast rain for Saturday through Tuesday but I'll believe it when I see it ... it showered last Friday evening, the first since April.

Thank you my dear walnut ... built from the heart and through blood, sweat and tears .... not to mention the heat.

Sis, if we get some rain, should be real nice and green when you arrive. :luv:

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,668
    I'm back again with a few more blooms ....

The beautiful Tecomaria, which is a scrambling shrub ....

[​IMG]

Lantana, which is a magnet for butterflies ....

[​IMG]

And the ever lovely Bougainvillea ... only one of two of my seven climbing ones blooming at the moment ....

[​IMG]

13. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    BTTT I won't mention that it was you that soft deleted it ROTFLMAO x.:hehe::gnthb:

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,668
    ... and I won't mention this is the wrong thread ... look at the last posting date 2008. It was one of the threads that got 'locked' and I retrieved it and then soft-deleted the original.

:hehe::flag:

15. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    :D good game, good game brucey:hehe: