1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Another rescue mission! Identification and advice.

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by NewBhoy, Sep 16, 2015.

1. NewBhoy

NewBhoy Gardener

Ratings:
    +67
    Another neighbour, another rescue.
    My neighbour is having some driveway work done and this was heading for the ultimate chop so we dug it up and I'm going to give it a go in my garden. I'm not sure what it is and if there is any advice on helping it's survival that would be great. We have managed to get a pretty large root to it.

IMG_6863.JPG

2. Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,631
    I would say it looks like rhododendron maybe an azalea but im not 100% but its a plant like that lol

3. Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Patrick,

Are the red bits on the left new leaves ? Sorry but I can't really tell on my phone.

If so it looks like a Pieris to me. And being that size I would say it's one called " Forest Flame". It has little pendant clusters of white flowers in the spring.

4. NewBhoy

NewBhoy Gardener

Ratings:
    +67
    Hi Anthony, yes there are a few new leaves that have a reddish tint to them. I had a google and a chat with the neighbour and I think you are right that it is a Forest Flame. It looks healthy in it's new spot, and as I say we got a really large part of the root so it should hopeful take well. Thanks again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1