1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Another unknown

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by elainefiz, Apr 14, 2007.

1. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    This one i`ve had for about 3 yrs.It flowers in the spring with lovely pink flowers.Its a bit tatty and maybe should go into a bigger pot?
    [​IMG]

2. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi elainefiz, looks like it could be a Japanese Azalea.

If it is, it likes acid soil so if you are going to re-pot, use ericacious compost.

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,949
    I agree with Blackthorn on ID and soil conditions.

Azaleas are from the Rhododendron family and prefer a sheltered site in partial shade.

You can trim back any straggly bits after flowering. The flowers can be single or double.

I had a beautiful Pink Edged one here for several years, kept in the shade of the Jacaranda. The blooms could cover the entire plant but it sadly suddenly died! :(

[​IMG]

4. Tropical Oasis

Tropical Oasis Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep azalea, I have a few different types, one is just coming into bloom, a lovely magenta colour. [​IMG]

5. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou.To be honest,i don`t know how it has suvived.Dfor-dog pees on it all the time. :D
    LOL,gone,but not forgotten. [​IMG]