1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Automatic opening louvre vent

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Seadog, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Seadog

Seadog Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to be having trouble getting my automatic opening louvre vent to open to a fully horizontal position even when it's baking hot. Has anyone else had problems or could give me advice on how to adjust. It's a regular five blade louvre with an automatic opener added.

Many thanks, Seadog.

2. VEG.

VEG. Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    They dont really need to open horizontal, as long as they open the air will circulate as long as you have a top opener.

3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    If it`s a Bayliss one, they don`t open that far.:gnthb: If the roof vent is open you should have pretty good air circulation.:old:

4. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If its the opening area doesn`t match the roof vent area you could add a second louvre to make up the shortfall. You can never have enough ventilation :)