1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

autumn fruit chutney

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by rosa, May 30, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I have made lots of jars of autumn fruit chutney all my friends love it, make it goes with everthing.

You will need at least 11 jars

11b plums halved and stoned, chopped
    11b apples peeled cored and diced
    11b tomatoes chopped
    11b onions sliced and chopped
    2 large garlic cloved chopped
    3 cups sultanas
    1/4 tsp mace
    1/4 tsp ground mixed spice
    2 tbsp ground ginger
    11b light brown sugar

mix fruit and veg together - put into a large pan add remaining ingredients = excepts sugar at this stage. simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
    add sugar and stir until dissolved, simmer gently, stirring frequently, until thick cool- then pack chutney into jars.
    Thats all there is to it hope you enjoy it
    from rosa

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    are you here LoL :D I am

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    Thanks, sweetpea ... no, you're Rosa ... no your're not, your dog is Rose! :eek: How come I couldn't find it in Recipes? Sounds yummy and the rest!

Did you try out the sardine pate on hubby?

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Your welcome, I went back 100 days and it was at the very bottom of the page.
    Have not made the pate yet i do intend on making it.
    Are you going to make the chutney it is great with almost everything, cheese, cold meats, i even have a dollop of it when i have chips,Give all my friends and neighbours jars of it and they loved it. one friend and her husband finished the jar within a week.
    You should do the eyes of texas bean salad it is delicious got the recipe from houston, texas, friends over their made it at a party and i had to get the recipe. enjoy [​IMG]

5. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa, I'm going to make the chutney it sounds just the ticket.. and with all the apples, plums, tomatoes, garlic and onions that surround us, either in our garden or others close by, NOW is the time to do it .... will pass some on to French friends I'm sure they'll love it......I'll have to wait a few days actually as I sliced my thumb this morning on a broken bottle..and a vist to the pharmacy ended in a visit to our local hospital, 5 stitches, a tetatnus injection and 2 lots of painkillers .... boo hoo !!! [​IMG] :cool: M-L

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    Oh, poor you, M-L ... I hope it wasn't your wine glass hand! :D :D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    sorry to hear of your accident mona lisa and i do hope you like the chutney.
    I got a photo developed of a rose decided to enter it into 2006 competition and it has come up small, not very good at this and i just do not have a clue how to enlarge it , thought i had enlarged the size in image shack what a disaster.
    I think i will go and down a few glasses of wine after this. :confused: :(

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mona Lisa.Sorry to hear about your accident.
    Hope you are on the mend soon

Kandy

9. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi MONA LISA sorry about your mishap xxx

10. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well thank you all so much .... fortunately LOL when it comes to glasses of wine I'm ambidextrous ! :D I think I might need a glass soon as the anesthetic is wearing off as we speak :eek: :cool: M-L

11. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Painful. I hope it heals soon, but was glad to hear that wine will still be supped. Far better pain killer than tablets :D

12. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  13. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    Hi, M-L, how are you feeling today? You know, I was thinking, this was a pretty painful excuse to get out of gardening in the hot weather! :D :D :D

14. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rosa,my mother use to make green tomato chutneyno idea hows its made but it was delightfulbut yours looks mouthwatering [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Rosa, I am finally getting around to you, I have tried several times but I am still losing some things. I have made a note of your Autumn Fruit Chutney, it sounds delicious. I have a chutney recipe which I have been making for years and which I want to pass along. I'll have yet another go at posting it after this but I am wondering if the computer thinks it is awful and so immediately hides it in some never- looked-into nook.