Bad neighbour not cutting grass :(

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Melannie, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDigPerfectSquareHoles

IDigPerfectSquareHoles Gardener

Ratings:
    +28

Sorry Melannie,

If a pigeon sh*t on your freshly hung washing, would you get your sniper rifle out? Or if your house got flooded, would you go and drain the river?

No offence.

There are things you can't control and frankly, in your situation "week and feeble" is the alternative to being taken to court through your own obstinacy. People have told you many times over why you shouldn't damage others' property FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.

A lot of people in the Soviet Union had to live in communal flats - how would YOU like sharing the kitchen, one toilet and one bathroom with up to 10 other families? People would sometimes spy on their neighbours in the bathroom... to make sure their soap isn't used by others! No joke.

A bit close to home - neighbours across the road from me are being bullied by another neighbour who stands in the garden barking at their three dogs. When they start barking too, he complains about the noise. Stands in his doorway with two fingers up in the air when they are outside. The thing is - they've NEVER done anything to cross him at all, he just has a grudge with them for whatever reason - boredom most likely. We're really lucky he's never turned against us - although my hubby grew up in a rough neighbourhood and will talk his way out of anything.

If all that angst could be chanelled into a good cause.. the world would be a better place! :thumb:

• Like Like x 6
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,594
      I'm glad to see this thread is still running, and providing (me at least) plenty of amusement.

Melanie, with all due respect and without knowing either you or your neighbour, is it possible to consider the point of view of the filthy stinking idiots?

Could it be that by being far too judgemental of other people, that won't win you any favour?

I recently had a neighbour whinge loudly (intended for me to hear) about some weeds that were on my side of the boundary. He was right, there were weeds there that needed to be tackled, and that job was on my very, very long list of things to do in my efforts to put the garden right after previous owners totally neglected the place. But hearing this chap pass judgement on me did make me a bit angry, and now, a couple of weeks later, the weeds are still there because I've moved that task to the bottom of my list, because I really don't want Mr Garden Police to think he's won. Is it possible your neighbour wont do his garden because he thinks his garden is his garden, and what he does with it will not be decided by the neighbour?

• Like Like x 8
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        • Like Like x 3
        • Tilia

Tilia Gardener

number herder (accounts)
          Ratings:
          +28
          OK, it's 23.12 :yawn: and got to post 101 and no-one has mentioned this yet. Sorry if later posts make me look dumb :scratch:

You have an inch gap between each slat???? You can see through this gap?? Or am I misunderstanding ? :what:

If you can then I'm sorry but you just have the wrong sort of fence!!!!

If they cut their grass fortnightly and strimmed the edges like everyone else then you would get grass on your garden every 2 weeks with a fence like that.

Btw, totally agreeing with the whole "this is illegal" and "try and calm down" sentiments. If this is all you have to worry about in your life be thankful, things could be so much worse....

I would invest in the bamboo screens. they look nice and would solve a heap of your problems.

• Like Like x 6
          • Plant Potty

Plant Potty Gardener

Ratings:
            +120
            • Like Like x 2
            • Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
              Ratings:
              +7,278
              Melannie
              Has reluctantly accepted the advise and feels it is the "weak and feeble" way out

When actually it is the correct and strongest way out
              Showing she is stronger than the neighbours

Jack McH

• Like Like x 5
              • Chopper

Chopper Do I really look like a people person?

Seal Clubber
                Ratings:
                +112
                Hi folks, I am back!

I come back to the forum and find this nonsense. I have to ask Melannie, "Are you nuts"? Or do you need to get out more?

The fact that what you were considering is a criminal offemce which could land you in deep smelly stuff, you have clearly not thought about the future retaliation.

Just stop for one minute and ask yourself this question, "What if my neighbour is actually Chopper, one of Choppers brothers or a very good friend of Chopper"? Do you really think that living a nightmare for an endless period of time is worth that one moment of stupidity? Have to say that your idea is stupid.

If your neighbour is anything like me, he will be seriously offended by your actions to date and will be allowing his grass to grow just to wind you up. Assuming of course that this entire thread is NOT a wind up itself.

I think you are being very judgemental in calling your neighbours filthy idiots. Long grass does not mean that they are filthy or idiots. From your comments I would suggest that you yourself are actually the neighbour from hell. Mixed in with some severe garden snobbery. Just because you do not like your neighbours garden doesn't mean that he/she/they do not like it.

Words of advice from someone that has many years experience in all manner of fights from legal to military service and pure gutter fighting. Always know your enemy. NEVER start a fight you cannot win.

I have neighbours that I do not particularly like. They do things that I do not like. I do not like thier pompous parties and gatherings. However, they have bought the house next door to mine and they accept that I ride big noisy motorbikes. They accept that all of my friends and brothers do the same. They accept and respect the fact that we live different lifestyles and we will never be best buddies. We are both adult enough to find some middle ground and be civil to each other. I know he can afford top notch barristers. He knows that I will not hesitate to batter him senseless at the drop of a hat. We understand each other and we get along in an acceptable manner.

If I can do it, so can you.

Chopper.

• Like Like x 8
                • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
                  +45,635
                  Great to see you back on here Mr C.

• greenplanet

greenplanet Gardener

Ratings:
                  +7
                  I think its ok when cutting grass but not on my property and definitely not in my garden.:mad:

• Moo

Moo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
                  +0
                  I skipped a big chunk of the thread, i think i'd just invest in a better fence or screening as someone else suggested and leave them to it.
                  At least they strim it twice a year. My next door neighbours garden is a jungle, i honestly think they've never been out there in at least 10 yrs given the random trees that have sprouted up, we've a privet hedge/fence between us so i don't have to see it.

• whis4ey

whis4ey Head Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +803
                  I think it is time to give this stupid thread a bye :)

• Like Like x 5
                  • kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
                    +950
                    My next door neighbour doesn't cut their grass, I've thought of throwing nasturtium seeds over the fence so it covers their grass with nice flowers :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
                    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
                      +19,594
                      Stealth gardening. I like it.

There's a 'grass' verge over the road from us, but almost all the grass has gone due to the mature tree in the middle of it robbing all the nutrients and moisture.

Some flowers don't care so much about good soil.

I have some spare nasturtium seeds.

• Like Like x 1
                      • kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
                        +950
                        Go for it! Doubt anyone would say anything even if they saw you do it.

• Tilia

Tilia Gardener

number herder (accounts)
                        Ratings:
                        +28
                        there is a movement got guerilla gardening... google it, it's well cool!!!

Thread Status:
                      Not open for further replies.