Beaulieu - A Review (VERY picture heavy!)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Fat Controller, Sep 1, 2019.

1. glengarry23

glengarry23 Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,251
    Not boring at all,..awesome cars and blooms as well,..mind blowing cars and many had me saying, Oh i had one of them,..or wished i had some others lol,..very interesting and enjoyable viewing.

Philip

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,365
      Agree an excellent day out Beaulieu is not far from us, so have visited it many times.:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Sandy Ground

Sandy Ground Total Gardener

Making things of note.
        Ratings:
        +5,368
        I fully agree, its not in the least boring, and would like to see more photos.

It also gave me an idea for another thread. Also a museum, but the exact opposite to this one. Most, not all of the vehicles in it are "as found" and give an interesting insight as to how things used to be.

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
          At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
          Ratings:
          +48,889
          Thanks folks :)

I do have others that I need to get my finger out and get the photos sorted from - Churchill War Rooms, Science Museum and Brooklands Museum. We will be back at Duxford this weekend for a showcase day too, so there may be more to add to that thread as long as folks are interested.

@Sandy Ground - that does sound interesting, if you are willing to start a thread on it?

@glengarry23 - I have owned or driven a few that were in the collection, but none of the really exotic ones sadly. My current steed is about as exotic as it gets. They need to try and get a Pug 205 GTI for their collection in my opinion, as they were one of the biggest sellers in their time (and an absolute hoot to drive) - - a friend of mine bought a 1.9 in white, but was scared of it, so asked me to drive it to see what it would do. Suffice to say I wound this car up to a silly speed on an A-road and going round a sweeping left-hander, he was squealing like a little girl in the passenger seat shouting for me to slow down...... that was met with a "if I lift my foot off now, we'll be dead you silly...." -- that was when those cars would bite, lift off with a bit of speed on at the wrong time and you would be in the green stuff.

• Like Like x 1
          • glengarry23

glengarry23 Head Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +5,251
            @Fat Controller ,..LOL at your post and in particular on the sound coming from your friend passenger as you were going into the bend,..watching drivers ahead of me heading into bends i am always amazed how few drive into and around the bends,..instead brake half way around.

I had two cars i really felt comfortable in,..a Ford Capri and an Opel Manta similar in shape but that was about all the similarity.

Philip

• Like Like x 1