1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Best company to order turf from online?

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by kyleleonard, May 30, 2011.

1. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    I'm looking at buying about 20-27 rolls of turf this week, but I've never ordered it before and not sure if they charge a delivery fee which would take the price right up.

Just wondering if anyone knew of any websites of good turf suppliers who deliver to the North West?

I'd go and pick it up, but I can't drive..

Thank you!

2. mrSean

mrSean Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Rolawn is the name I associate with turf. I think you can expect good quality (and have success complaining if you have any problem on that score)

I see their turf for sale at local garden centres (although not sure I would want to buy turf that is sitting, "abandoned"!!, outside a garden centre, but a freshly-cut kerb-side delivery should be OK

No idea about price / delivery though.

Turf, Topsoil, Bark Mulch | Rolawn - Suppliers Of Britain's Finest Lawn Turf

4. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    27 rolls, delivered to my postcode, would be £144.50 (£174.64 for premium turf), plus £8.16 for 2kg of "Lawn Establishment Fertiliser"

5. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    That is crazy!!

How is B&Q's turf? My sister's boyfriend said he'd put it in his car.. £2.98 for a roll.

6. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Its not crazy at all. Its high quality turf, you are asking for a very small order size, and you need it delivered to your door.

You can get the same brand of turf from a large retailer (dunno if B&Q sells Rolawn turf, they may well, or they may sell a low-quality one instead - either way, the turf may not be freshly lifted, but it might ...) and the large retailers can use bulk-buying to bring the price down. But you'll have to collect it (or pay their delivery charge)

You said you needed home delivery, and "good turf" - I assumed that to mean decent quality, but if you meant rock-bottom-price then look on eBay instead. You might well find some very short (e.g. 1-day or 2-day) auctions from people locally who have some rolls left over from a job ... but delivery will be the problem if you can't collect yourself.

7. gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
    +1,663
    Mick & Paddy were sitting on their shovels watching the world when a lorry passed by loaded with turf.
    "Ah" says Mick "thats what I want to do when I win the Lottery"
    Paddy responded "What? Drive a lorry"
    "Don't be daft" says Mick. "I'll send MY lawn away to be cut"

• Like Like x 1