1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Best gardening forum on the net.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kelly38, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Kelly38

Kelly38 Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I dont contribute much because I'm still a novice gardener but whenever I have a problem or need advice there is always someone here who knows the answer.. Bravo

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :) We are very glad you feel like that Kelly & have found the information or help you needed.. We are always here to help if we can.. There are some very knowledgeable members here.... :)

Thanks

Marley & all the staff at GC.. :thmb:

3. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Yes it is a good forum this one, but I wouldn't be put off trying to contribute. I'm still very near the bottom of the learning curve too, but the way I see it, nobody has all the answers, and sometimes a seemingly crazy idea or an observation that seems contrary to what is widely accepted can get people thinking outside the box so to speak.

The other day I was on my land, checking up on my new trees, and consider this for an observation that goes against accepted knowledge: Apple trees flower in spring time yes? I had to take a second look and get someone else to verify that I wasn't seeing things. One of my apple trees has burst into bloom - at the end of september.

So you see, even if you know little, you still might have something valid to add. What I do is if I think I know but am not sure, or if I've observed something but I don't think it is the norm, I'll say so in my post so that people might benefit from my input, but at the same time I'm not claiming to be the expert. That way people can take or leave it so to speak.

4. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Well said Kelly. And well said Clueless - its well worth just starting a conversation. I have learnt so much in casual throw away comments as well as studied replies.

And Clueless - by my backdoor I have Lupins and Wallflowers in flower! Mind you I sowed them a bit too early this year. Being biennials they wern't supposed to flower till next year!

5. jovi

jovi Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I second that :gnthb:, I look on most evenings and have had help with a few queries. I also spend quite a bit of time looking in the various sections, the gardens are gorgeous, and I love the photo section.

Yes definitely a great site.

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Hi Kelly, I haven't much of a clue really so don't let that put you off. I am here to learn and ask questions - people are helpful :)