1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Blueberries, do need to repot?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by mazambo, Apr 27, 2021.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    The blueberry plants I bought last year seem to be doing ok. I still have them in the pots they came in, would it be best to leave them for this year or repot now or neither? Thanks. 20210427_154810.jpg

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,206
    They look nice plants :smile:

We moved ours into 12" pots when that size, lasted for the following year and then moved them in 40ltr trugs with holes drill in the bottom, they got up to 6ft in size !
    Ericaceous compost of course and use ideally use rain water but we had to use tap water with a couple of drops of cider vinegar per 6ltr watering can to drop its ph , best if you can measure its ph.

• Like Like x 1
    • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      Thanks @ricky101 I've got some 12" pots, I've got rain water on hand, haven't got ericaceous compost but have got some irish peat moss (given to me) john innes no3, sand and other stuff so I can probably knock some up.

• Like Like x 1
      • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,206
      • Black Dog

Black Dog Gardener of useful things

It's a secret
        Ratings:
        +1,136
        I would definitely give them more room to grow. Those pots look tiny compared to the plant.

Additionally it helps during summer as bigger pots can store more moisture for your plants. You don't have to water them daily that way.