1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Borage?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by mazambo, May 31, 2021.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    I'm pretty certain these are borage seedlings but not 100% and if they are I've sown blue and white borage is there a difference in seedlings?
    20210531_182930.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Flat1

Flat1 Gardener

Ratings:
      +59
      Looks like the borage i grow

• Janet mahay

Janet mahay Gardener

Ratings:
      +611
      It looks like borage I only grow the blue kind but i t could be comfrey
      Its easy to tell comfrey and borage apart when they bloom. Borage flowers are always blue as far as I know while comfrey flowers bloom in white, pink and purple. The flowers have different shapes, as well, with comfrey flowers shaped like bells and borage flowers like stars. These two plants come from the same family, however, and look quite similar to each other when they aren't blooming. Both have deep green leaves covered in fine hairs, but the leaves of the comfrey reach 8 inches in length while those of the borage generally reach only 6 inches. Borage also tends to be a bit more gangly than comfrey, which grows in tighter clumps. If you're not sure what you have, you can wait until the plant flowers if that helps?

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
        Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
      • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
        +3,718
        @Fai & @Janet mahay thanks, I sprinkled a handful of mixed seeds borage among them so I'm 100% certain it's borage from your input.

• Like Like x 1