1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott the BBC??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Folly Mon, Oct 26, 2012.

?

To Boycott or Not to Boycott??

1. YES

18.2%
  2. NO

81.8%
  1. Folly Mon

Folly Mon GC Official Counselor

starting new busniss in new year
    Ratings:
    +2,409
    IF Mods Feel the Need to Delate This Please Do So I Am as Serious as I Can Dream of Being!!! NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO ANY MEMBER WOT SO EVER!!!

As a Sexually Abused Child The Heads of Rag The Vegetable Trading Cow Wot Jimmy Savel Was up to

SO DID SEVERAL POLICE FORCES!!!! :mad: NO SURPRISE THERE FOR ME

The BBC Is the Only Channel We Pay Our TV Licence For and its Rubbish Any Way We All GET Ripped off Left Right and Center TAX TAX TAX

IF It Went You Would Still Have 40 odd Channels of Rubbish to Watch FOR FREE :dbgrtmb:

Petrol Diesel Food Prices CONSTANTLY RISING Gas and Electric at an All Time High etc etc

The Hillsborough Disaster The Guildford 4 The Birmingham 6 Marie Willks 1 Eddy Browning The Bridge Water 4 How Manny More Cases

I Would Like This Country to Stand up For it Self For Wonce

How Would I Start a Campaign to Boycott the BBC??

ALL Answers Will Be Taken in to Consideration Wot Do you think??

I Want to Stand up For Every Sexually Abused Child In This COUNTRY & AROUND THE WORLD This System Has Failed The BBC IS WORLD WIDE

And I Want the World to Do Something About it

Wot Are Your Thoughts??

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,617
      I got rid of my television nearly two years ago because I was fed up being ripped off for a tv licence, when all we had to watch was rubbish and repeats. So I'm not much help to you Nick.

• Like Like x 3
      • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +49,623
        Whist I agree with your sentiment FM, I think that boycotting the BBC would be to mis-aim ever so slightly. Don't get me wrong, there are a number of people within the BBC who simply must have known what was going on - and for that, they should be arrested and feel the full weight of the law.

However, I am not entirely convinced that it the BBC that is to blame, but rather a fairly broad section of society itself that allowed stuff like this to go on, and not challenge it. Lets not forget that Jimmy Saville was committing his evils in the 70's & 80's, and at that time there was a hell of a lot more inappropriate behaviour going on in schools, childrens homes and childrens/youth groups such as scouts/brownies etc.

If we cast our minds back, I'm sure we can all think of a teacher at school that had a bit of a reputation for flirting? And we have all heard the stories about the kids being fiddled with by people in all sorts of roles, including priests. It appears that although always illegal, it was somehow less unacceptable back in those days than it is now - one of the main things that has happened, is not an increase or decrease in this kind of abuse, but simply that attitudes have changed and it will not be tolerated now as it was then.

I am not for one second trying to justify the behaviour of these nonces - as it is clearly beyond defence; however, to lay it all at the door of the BBC is unfair at best, and would be a mere blip in comparison with how widespread the problem actually was.

• Like Like x 6
        • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
          Ratings:
          +31,192
          Sorry Folly Mon,
          here we all go again- raking up past muck (he raised £millions don't forget) and causing wounds to reopen and bleed. What purpose does all this serve? Apart from increasing media revenue,
          Jenny

• Like Like x 1
          • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
            +19,596
            Its a shame we can't ask the accused for his side of the story.

• Like Like x 2
            • Fat Controller

Public Transport
              Ratings:
              +49,623
              And that is the other part of the problem that I have with this whole sorry tale - yes, the victims deserve some kind of justice, but what justice are they really going to get given that the perpetrator of the crimes is dead and gone?

I have a feeling that one of the reasons that this is coming out now is as much to do with the prospect of money as anything else - and it should not be forgotten that if indeed the BBC & NHS are held liable and have to pay out, its the taxpaying public that are actually paying one way or another.

• Like Like x 4
              • Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
                Ratings:
                +4,951
                Yes, I agree, the fact that there might be some compensation to be had, anyone who perhaps had their bottom pinched by Jimmy Saville is now going to call that 'abuse'!!
                There has always been inappropriate behaviour and there always will be but I think it is now going too much the other way, a chap can't wink or whistle at a girl or compliment her, when my boss was really pleased with me he used to give me a friendly hug to show his appreciation, I liked it, I liked him, God knows you couldn't do that now, very sad state of affairs!!!!

Val

• Like Like x 4
                • gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
                  +1,663
                  Can we use the debate to suggest the BBC starts to show adverts, get rid of the Licence fee and make them EARN the fees they pay Jonathon Ross etc.
                  This fee is basically another Tax under the guise of "protecting the non-bias and quality of service" provided by the Beeb.
                  The BBC programmes are as crap as the rest of them and the number of repeats is un-acceptable.

Rant Over:blue thumb:

• Like Like x 2
                  • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
                    +0
                    Don't know about the BBC, but i'm getting fed up of clicking on news sites (AOL,Yahoo etc) & seeing Jimmy Saville's face in some wierd eyed pose at the moment. Putting me off me tea.

• Like Like x 8
                    • Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
                      Ratings:
                      +7,297
                      Well I hope heads will roll of those still living and involved

Boy I bet some 60/70s DJ's Are having some sleepless nights these past weeks :-)
                      None jumped off the Clifton Suspension Bridge yet though

I can not believe Esthers Rantzens child line never had any reports in all those years
                      Perhaps she never offered the chance of "MONEY"

I bet my bottom dollar the first Six complaints made were from no win no fee lawyers

I do not say it was right but why wait 50yrs to make a complaint against someone who can not defend ? and lets face it in the 60s EVERY DJ and EVERY POP GROUP had their err way with besotted teenagers it was Normal AND gave the girls bragging rights

Hell I was a fourteen year old male and chuffed to bits that Joe Brown slapped me on the head and gave me his autograph :-)

I also notice no males have made a complaint against any female stars :-)

Jack McH

• Like Like x 6
                      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
                        +0
                        [​IMG]

Dear ITV,

I wish to complain about the time I went on Tiswas. I was shocked and traumatised that Sally James did nothing to me whatsover.

Signed,

A frustrated 14 year old boy.

• Like Like x 13
                        • kevinm

kevinm Gardener

Ratings:
                          +387
                          I first heard Jimmy Saville in the mid 1950's when he hosted the 'Teen and Twenties Disc Club' on Radio Luxembourg if I recall correctly. I thought then that he was a talentless pregnant fish and I have heard nothing the following decades to change that opinion. Saville gave eccentrics a bad name in that he he defined that the honourable quality of being an eccentric was in reality just just being a pillock.

As far as his extra-curricular activities and the BBC - or indeed the general public goes - one cannot but look at who society honours. As it stands - if you earn a truckload of money doing exactly what you want to do you are quite likely to also find yourself on the honors list. On the other hand if you risked a sudden violent end some 60 years ago or invented something to drastically shorten the war you may in advanced old age find yourelf unexpectedly - and guiltily - presented with some kinde of a plaque. However if you are a television purveyor of the recipe for some barbeque sauce you are a 'National Treasure'.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                            Ratings:
                            +49,623
                            I have a funny feeling that there are going to be a good few famous faces thrust back onto our screens in the coming weeks - because they have been arrested.

I hear tonight on the news that Freddy Starr is all but desperate to speak to police to clear his name - doth he protest too much?

• Like Like x 2
                            • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
                              Ratings:
                              +31,192
                              And a great pity that none of the victims have any tangible proof?
                              For arguments sake - a scenario :
                              I could say that a famous deceased male did things to me when I was young. His poor widow knew nothing of this but is being dragged through hell now because of my allegation. I have no proof of what he did and was lying.
                              How many of these victims are possibly lying?
                              Jenny

• Like Like x 4
                              • Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
                                Ratings:
                                +4,951
                                Yep, if there's money to be had they would probably lie through their back teeth, after all Christmas is coming up!!!!!;)

Val

• Like Like x 1