1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bramley Apple Tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by shimsham, Jun 29, 2009.

1. shimsham

shimsham Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for advise i bought a young bramley apple tree last year and we had a small amount of fruit from its but this year it does look healthy enough to look at it with plenty of leaves BUT it as shown no bloosom yet contacted the nursery where we had it from asked plenty of keen gardeners but nobody seems to know what the problem is,is there anyone on the forum who as come across this problem before any advise would be much appreciated.

2. Flinty

Flinty Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Shimsham

If your Bramley hasn't produced any blossom by now, it's not going to do anything at all this year.

I had a big old Crimson Bramley in my last garden and looked after it for over 20 years. It never failed to produce blossom but it had a definite cycle of "rest" years alternating with "glut" years. The tree was so big that even a rest year produced many more apples than you could use.

Somebody (forget who) told me this alternating cycle was usual for Bramleys. So maybe your young Bramley is just having its rest year? If it's healthy, just look after it and ensure it has plenty of water and see what happens next year.