1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit - am I stupid or what?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PeterS, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,844
    Brexit vote has been delayed by Teresa May.I could tell you how it all ends but I don't want to spoil it for you:heehee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      There's talk that it may need a vote in Parliament to cancel Tuesday's vote, and TM would probably lose that vote. It's becoming a farce an even bigger farce.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,836
        I think you misunderstood me, Simon.:dunno: My comments and assessment about Brown were not personal. If you study the Blair/Brown era you will find that the general and political assessment of them is probably not as "rosy" as you would believe. Blair was voted in on a huge wave of "new hope" for the UK and almost with the status of a Super Star. His first two terms were good enough for him to win a third term, which ended in relative disaster and loss of faith in him by the Public. That third term was infamous for the arguments and unrest between Blair and Brown with Blair resigning and Brown achieving his life long ambition of becoming Prime Minister serving from June 2007 until May 2010. When Brown left office in 2010 his Government left a huge national debt of £902 Billion against £350 Billion when they came into power. When the new Conservative government came into power the Chief Secretary, (Liam Byrne) to the Treasury, under Mr Brown, left a note for the new Chancellor saying "There is no money left". That is a note that Liam Byrne admits is a note that he regrets leaving as it damaged the Labour Party.

(a) I wouldn't touch Twitter with a barge pole as there are too many extremists on it and very little sense, that also applies to Face Book.

(b) I have never regarded Blair as a "War Monger", but it was/is thought that he was too close to President Bush and wanted to prove himself as a equal statesmen. Blair left under a political cloud with many of the people who voted him into Government disappointed that he didn't fulfill the promises he made to them. The fact that we were in increasing national debt when Blair resigned did not help his image as the man who had come to rescue the UK and bring it to new heights. Blair then "found" God and has traveled the Globe giving Lectures for which he charges hundreds of thousands of pounds/dollars and which is a very lucrative business and is renown for ensuring that however short the interview, solicited or not, a invoice is sent to the interviewer.
        As I said, Blair started as a political Saviour and Superstar and left a:coffee: somewhat a damaged and disappointing figure, as did Mr Brown due to his financial and political decisions as Chancellor and Prime Minister.

• Agree Agree x 1
          Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
        • ARMANDII

Ratings:
          +100,836
          No, legally the Government can change the date of the vote without asking the Parliament, Scrungee, and that has always been the case.
          The Prime Minister's offer to give Parliament a vote when it came to leaving the "back stop" was a bad move as, even if Parliament voted to leave, the EU still had the right to refuse agreeing to ending the Backstop making the Parliament vote meaningless.:wallbanging::doh::snorky:

• Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
          At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
          Ratings:
          +49,570
          • Like Like x 1
          • ARMANDII

Ratings:
            +100,836
            I thought Woo had already done that, FC:scratch: