Bargain Buy Homebase stores for only 5p each !

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, May 25, 2018.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,996
  2. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,924
    I’ve just been into our local Homebase which was Homebase then Bunnings and now reverting back to Homebase.
    I said to the girl on the checkout “I never know where we stand Homebase ,Bunnings Homebase”
    She said don’t........I never know which uniform to put on in the mornings.

I have never been a great fan of either but they are handy to have around.

We have also had a brand new Wicks just opened.......very disappointing ,to small not much choice of anything and not the value I had hoped for.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,996
      More Homebase stores to close

Homebase announce further store closures

Closing down reductions range from 20 to 70%, with the store crammed full of people at weekends filling their trollies and causing traffic chaos.

And the 'reduced' stuff they're buying isn't cheap! I go once a week on a week day whilst passing to check for further reductions, and check prices online first (like I do with many so called special offers in supermarkets). A few ironmongery items I needed at 70% off were a good buy, also (already cheap) bags of cement with 20% off.

But Felco pruners with 30% off were still cheaper from Amazon, Fiskars loppers were cheaper at Screwfix and somebody cleared out all the bags of stove coal reduced to £4.88 - I bought the same stuff from Lidl at £3.99/bag and used £5 off £30 voucher's from a neighbour's 'Times', getting it down to £3.33/bag.

I miss the vouchers in The Telegraph for free bedding plants at Homebase, but I've got them free from Wyevale and Blue Diamond instead.

P.S. After Australian Bunnings bought Homebase, their coal was cheaper in winter (when they had huge displays of BBQs and garden gazebos) and increased in price during summer.

• Funny Funny x 1
        Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,078
        Ive been loitering in my local. Some crazy deals . Bathroom stuff 70% off,good quality chrome shelves hooks etc 80p instead of 15 quid.
        Security 80% off,plumbing 80%,tiling 80%.

But as you say some stuff at 50% off still isnt much of a deal. Doesnt stop folk filling their trolleys though. Overheard the staff saying every one of their baskets had been nicked this week too! Now thats a proper bargain,free baskets.

Store shuts friday morning,guess i will be there 8am sharp...

Edit: 90% off everything now...

• Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
          Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
        • Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,996
          Min 30%, max 80% here now. Got some 80% off ground anchors for securing stuff around the plot and garden plus some bits for our new back door.

Good to know how prices will drop, I was wondering if they'd fall further before they close in a month's time.

• roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +6,924
          Our Homebase is not closing and prices are high.......obviously subsidising you lot.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
            Ratings:
            +117,280
            Our Homebase became one of the first Bunnings and changed back again. Apparently no bargains :noidea:

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Cinnamon

Cinnamon Super Gardener

NHS
              Ratings:
              +893
              I'm a regular at our local Homebase, which will close soon. My friends and neighbours are there too. It does feel like a trolley dash though, or vultures stripping a wildebeest carcass! Discounts are now 50-90% and the shelves are emptying fast. I'm probably going back there tomorrow to look at the thick fruit mesh, horticultural sand and masonry paint. I picked up the last pair of bypass lopers this evening, though most of the bargains are to be found elsewhere in store. When stuff is 90% off though, I'm inclined to adapt it for use in the garden e.g. I hope the 2m PVC pipes are UV stable, as I want them for a fleece tunnel. Feeling annoyed that I didn't go in on Monday though, as all the Farrow and Ball tester pots were down to 20p each. I did still pick up some nice paint though for turning the ends of my canes green to disguise them in the flower beds. And keeping up a patrol for when the plant feed and remaining pots are 80%+ off!

• Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,996
              Reductions went up from 30 - 70%, to 50 - 90% a couple of weeks ago.

They close at end of business this Friday, and this week everything's gone to 70 - 90% off, but there's not much left.

Even with 70% off the remaining gardening stuff, it's still more expensive than Wilkos end of seasons sales.

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +5,078
              If I was you id nip in on thursday morning when everything will be 90 off. Thats what happened at ours. eg Fungus figher 75p , cane tops 12p , hose connectors 15p....

• Like Like x 1
              • Scrungee

Ratings:
                +28,996
                Trouble is that I've stocked up with stuff like that from Wilko at 10p each, and these slug pellets will still be more expensive with 90% off, than when I bought 2 carrier bags full at 28p each Bargain - 28p for 1Kg Bayer slug pellets, plus other cheap stuff from Homebase online/instore

• Cinnamon

Cinnamon Super Gardener

NHS
                Ratings:
                +893
                That's the position I'm in. Ours is also closing Friday and is mostly stripped bare. Our Wilko however hasn't had the best discounts over the past 2 years, so I might give Homebase a go. I did get a load of fence stain, exterior paint and sealant this week. In terms of gardening stuff, what they've got left is mostly dodgy ornaments, trimmings for artificial grass and pesticides. I guess if the gods smile on us the remaining Farrow and Ball will be 90% off and they'll have quality exterior tapfittings left.

PS I got some of those nice rubbery cane tops at 90% off for a friend with small children.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
                +28,996

They still can't sell that stupid pallet 'furniture', even at 80% off! It's going to be the only stuff left tommorow when they close, unless they reduce them to 10p each like most of the other remaining stock.

pallets homebase.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
                • Cinnamon

Cinnamon Super Gardener

NHS
                  Ratings:
                  +893
                  Yup. Same here. Only thing worth trying to negotiate last minute bargains on tomorrow before 10am is the Denbyware.
                  PS Ours were trying to sell used empty A4 files for 20p each!

• kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
                  Ratings:
                  +4,585
                  Our Homebase, which was due to close, is now staying open. They only ever had 10% off anyway and their prices are generally outrageously dear.