1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

calling all budding garden designers....

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by UsedtobeDendy, Jan 7, 2007.

1. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    If anyone's interested in designing and "avant-garden" (I know, shock horror!!! and what does it mean anyway....) - particularly if you live near Edinburgh, or fancy a week's holiday there in the spring, there's an opportunity to have a shot at doing it, and building it. The Garden Centre which is running it is the New Hopetoun Gardens, and the person who runs it has a name as a designer, Dougal Philips.

They have packs at the GC, so if anyone wants to have a shot, I don't mind nipping in and getting a few more packs and posting them off. If nothing else, it's an interesting way of spending the long winter evenings! :D

(And quite possible starting off another "bash modern garden design" thread!!! :D )

Just to add - I've scanned all the relevant details now, so can send them as JPEG attachments to anyone to see if it's worth while getting the pack itself, which contains some isometric and graph paper to present the design.

[ 07. January 2007, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: dendrobium ]