1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Caterpillars on my Cauliflowers

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by amymac78, Jun 10, 2015.

1. amymac78

amymac78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +130
    Hi all

Whilst checking over my veg today I noticed some little holes on my cauliflower leaves, underneath are tiny little green caterpillars, whats the best way to get rid of them?? Theres no way I'm going to be able to pick them off!

2. noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +14,405
    I'm doing battle with caterpillars too, amymac. I've got a product (not a chemical) called Bacillus thuringiensis which I'm trying for the first time and so far seems to be working. You mix up the powder with water in a sprayer and spray the plants both for prevention and cure. Might be worth a look in your local garden centre?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_thuringiensis

• Like Like x 1
    • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
      Ratings:
      +12,508
      Reminds me of when I grew some. Only realised there were caterpillars when I was tucking in :eeew:
      A bit late now, but the best thing is to prevent in the first place by using fine mesh netting.

• Agree Agree x 1