1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Chickens....????

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by babyboy515, Sep 6, 2009.

1. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    we hang a cabbage/lettuce/sweetcorn for them to peck at, they love it. i occasionally mix poultry spice in their pellets for them too

2. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I like to hang things from the fence and chuck things on the ground that they can chase, apple core and corn on the cob are good, funny to watch.

Then again so it them maulting, three of my girls have really big proud tails, one of which is currently missing and looks rather silly and sorry for herself.

3. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Yes, I've got a couple of "oven ready" bantams at the moment as well. It makes them extremely bad tempered, reluctant to be handled and lethargic. Extra rations and some vitamins/pick me up is recommended at this time of year. Moulting takes a lot out of birds, as extra protein is required to regrow those feathers.

4. has bean counter

has bean counter Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    babyboy,

you said that "I give them grass", does that mean access to grass or grass cuttings?

5. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    mine are in a moveable run so they have fresh grass, but i also pick handfuls of longer grass and give them, which they eat