1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarettes or Tobacco

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil A, Jul 22, 2013.

?

Switched to roll up tobacco

Poll closed Jul 29, 2013.
  1. Because of cost

50.0%
  2. Because of preference

50.0%
  3. Because there are presumably less chemicals in roll up tobacco

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Think so, they go out if you leave them, ready rolled have got stuff like Saltpeter in them to keep them alight, except in New York, you have to buy taylor mades that go out if you smoke there.

2. nFrost

nFrost Head Gardener

Leachate Treatment Plant Manager
    Ratings:
    +2,908
    Hmmm...maybe more? I find with a rolly you get your fix and your 'happy' for a good while. If I ever get a pack of cigs they get smoked pretty quick!

I think I'm on about 12 a day. Well I'll have 7 by the time I get home:

2 rolls with a coffee for breakfast
    1 on morning break
    2 at dinner
    1 on afternoon break
    1 when I get home

3. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    I'm on my 4th month of quitting after 45 years of smoking, 40 of those I was smoking a good 35 a day on average ie a hardened "professional puffer" not someone who has the odd cigarette now and again and doesn't go bonkers if they run out. When I smoked (OMG that sounds good!) at times I'd smoke anything, ready mades roll ups, cigars, pipe, even dried up grass (kind animals eat!!!!!!) rolled in a newspaper if necessary! I normally smoked ready mades, mainly because it took too long to roll the number I smoked.

I can already feel the benefits of stopping both physically and financially. I bought a large supply of bark chip (roughly equivalent to 150 bags) 2 huge rolls of quality membrane and a dozen good sized Rhododendrons and Azaleas since quitting but still am financially better of than if I had still been smoking. I was a professional tennis player many moons ago and smoked then! I never thought a very fit athletic person would be affected by fags...wrong, eventually I had a hacking cough, my legs started to cramp and there was no way I could walk up hill and talk at the same time. Already I have lost the cough, cramps gone and can yak and climb hills together.

Yes it took a real desire to give up and encouragement from others. Was it easy? no, the Nicotine addiction goes quite quickly it's the "baby and it's dummy" scenario"which is far harder to kick.

Do I miss smoking? yes, sometimes, will I stay off them?, I will do my damnedest.

All this said, smoking isn't the worst crime in the world IMO and it REALLY annoys me when others treat you as a leper if you smoke. Give me a smoker any day over for instance those who care to view disgusting images on the net or drink drive or just plain mean folk who think they are god's gift!. They unfortunately are less easy to spot but smokers are an easy target. Now I know what it's like/benefits to have kicked the habit I sincerely hope those that are still puffing will be able to stop too. I'm off to polish my halo...only kidding!

• Like Like x 2
    • lazydog

lazydog Know nothing but willing to learn

waiting to win the Lotto
      Ratings:
      +641
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,595
      I used to know a farmer who used to make his baccy go further by mixing it up so it was 50/50 baccy and dried horse poo.

• lazydog

lazydog Know nothing but willing to learn

waiting to win the Lotto
      Ratings:
      +641
      Now I bet that tasted like sh*p :hate-shocked: