1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Commonwealth Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clanless, Apr 15, 2018.

1. clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
    Ratings:
    +7,625
    I've quite enjoyed watching the games.

2 flies in the ointment:

1 - the Scottish marathon runner who suffered heat stroke and collapsed - the time it took for him to receive aid - and the spectators who bravely stepped in and took photo's of him;

2 - the closing speech by Prince Edward - a cardboard cut out would have been more dynamic.

I'm all for royalty - but once the Queen and Prince Charles are gone - they are no different to any of the rest of us - I suspect the remaining royals will be politely asked to pack their bags.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,035
      Personally I've got fed up with it, every time I put the TV on there is was, day and night.

Yep royalty has always been as exciting as cardboard cut outs, Edward always was a bit iffy didn't realise they had got him out of the cupboard.

I think the Queen and Charlie ought to step down and let the newer ones take over, up till now they have always been too stuffy.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
        +10,302
        Not been funny Pete and mean this in a nice way but you remind me of this man at times :heehee:.

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +86,035
        Oh come on, I dont believe that.:biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 1
        • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,093
          Very tired of seeing the Clare Balding show. Shes on everything. Good at presenting granted but god has she got to be on every damned sports presentation? ( A bit like Alan Titchmarsh on itv gardening )

Enjoyed the games but some of it was very low quality compared to world/olympics. Buts its all about taking part isnt it.

• Like Like x 1