Corona Virus Treatment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ricky101, Feb 10, 2020.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,834
    And.................??????

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,996
    And the Government's info in the link quoted above is incorrect. I spotted their error and mentioned it. I thought that would have been obvious :scratch:

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,478
      This is a paste of your rules about the priority categories of shots that I copied after using @pete link from a gov.uk site. The only difference between ours and yours is that our first nation (indigenous)is in with #2

If hospital personnel working from home are getting theirs, then it is the delivery that is wrong, not the rules as laid out by your government or they are over age ?? to fit the order. Correct?

Over 60 is category 7 from your government list. Are you down to category 7 already?

We're still trying to get the 1st category done!

"1 Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
      2 All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
      3 All those 75 years of age and over
      4 All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
      5 All those 65 years of age and over
      6 Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group (see below)
      7 All those 60 years of age and over
      8 All those 55 years of age and over
      9 All those 50 years of age and over
      10 Rest of the population (to be determined)"

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +84,381
        I'm over 60, but I dont think we are anywhere near doing over 60s yet.
        Some of the over 80s are still waiting in my area.

• Informative Informative x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,996
          • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
            Ratings:
            +89,284
            Good afternoon this is my local MP's latest vaccine update as of to day:smile:

Facebook
            Vaccine Update - 16th January
            Further to my updates earlier in the week I have been pushing the Kent and Medway CCG and NHS South East for updates on the progress and plans for the roll out of the vaccine. Please excuse the length of this post but again wanted to give as much info as quickly as possible.
            I know people are very concerned about what is happening in the constituency. There have been many press reports showing people being vaccinated, and people rightly have been raising concerns, when they have heard or know of people in other areas receiving the vaccine. This has left people feeling that they have been forgotten and I want to reassure you that this is definitely not case. No one or place has been forgotten. Currently no area has full roll out and plans are still being organised across the county. This will continue as the vaccination rate increases and all is in place for the mass roll out. It is a massive logistical task and it was always going to take time depending on local areas ability to deliver on the ground getting plans operationalised and the number of Primary Care Networks (PCN) signing up to the programme.
            As it stands the current information I have now is that the CCG have what appears to have found a solution for the initial roll out of the vaccine for the Strood Rural wards Cliffe, Cliffe woods and Peninsula wards, high Halstow, Stoke, Allhallows, Hoo, Isle of Grain areas working with the PCNs. Approvals are being sought urgently for the GP sites and i should be able to update you with the start dates early next week. This is good news.
            There has been issues with some GP sites not receiving approval by the NHS as suitable to issue the vaccine, but the Strood PCN will now be working with the Rochester PCN covering Strood, Cuxton and Halling, people have started to be contacted and will be asked at this stage to go to either Rochester or Lordswood healthy living centres. I am continuing to push for more sites in these areas and will update as soon as I have more information
            Many are concerned about travel and transportation to the sites that are initially being used or have been agreed, there will be a limited number as the work continues to bring more onboard. However I must stress no one will miss out on a vaccine because they are too elderly or ill to travel - but if anyone does get a notification to go for a vaccine and has a problem please contact me directly by email or telephone (not FB)
            Rochester and Medway South PCNs are continuing to roll out the vaccine from the Lordswood and Rochester health living centres and I understand that this is going well. They are also delivering the vaccinations for Care Homes residents, and social care staff. I am told we are making good progress across the constituency and Medway on this.
            St Mary’s Medical centre Strood is continuing to deliver the vaccine for the priority groups registered with GPs in Brompton, Chatham and St Mary’s island.
            I have had further conversations with the Health Secretary and the Vaccines Minister on the situation in our constituency, they have been pushing NHS South East to get the plans out as quickly as possible and are monitoring the situation for further intervention. I have made it very clear that we have been unhappy with the speed of the local rollout and the lack of details on the plans.
            I have been contacted by people who live in Higham about vaccines. Adam Holloway MP and I have been out and about trying to find a solution, and we appear to have found one, details will also be confirmed next week.
            I have spoken with many local pharmacists who are eager to start helping get the vaccine out to residents, and I have been pressing the Regional Director Anne Eden at NHS South East to get the Pharmacists who have applied, approved as soon as possible.
            I have received many suggestion and offers of sites that could be used as vaccination centres and I have been passing these on to the CCG and NHS to be considered in their discussions, and approvals with GPs in the PCNs.
            I know that everyone is frustrated at the lack of information and certainty, this hasn’t helped with the fact that the CCG has been reluctant to pass on information that hasn’t been fully signed off. We haven’t been forgotten and I have had some very tough conversations with many over the last few days and your concerns and views are being heard by the CCG, GPs and NHS. Thank you all for your patience, please bear with me as I continue to push - but please be assured work is progressing and you will get your vaccination soon.

• Informative Informative x 3
            • Like Like x 1
            • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
              Ratings:
              +84,381
              So also nearly a million under 80 have been vaccinated as well.
              How are they choosing those individuals I wonder.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
              • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                +100,834
                If it's being done by Surgeries then the Surgery Manager will normally decide by age but, since they have no real control about how many dosages they receive, they have to match that against the number of patients aged 80 they can treat and then use the rest of the dosages to the maximum by treating those in next priorities. It's the same for the Vaccination Hubs in Town, the GP's will give a list of those able to go to the Hub, (to take the strain of the GP) and work it from there. So, it's how many dosages does the GP or Hub have and what is left over after they've treated the first prioritised people which decides, normally, who will next get the Jab.

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
                  Ratings:
                  +89,284
                  Good afternoon I shall have to change my surname by deed poll to AAA:heehee::heehee:

Some practices are inviting patients over 80 for their Covid vaccine in alphabetical order although this is not the case for every practice.

• Funny Funny x 3
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Scrungee

Ratings:
                    +28,996
                    FFS We're doomed if that's the case. Our GPs have to constantly abandon their duties to sort out stuff that their so called 'manager' fails to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
                    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                      Ratings:
                      +30,478
                      Seems to me that there's lots of room for favouritism. Who you know or who knows you. :sad:

I believe that may be the case nere too.

I know they have to use the vaccines and not let them go to waste but seems to me it's all pretty open to perversion of the original guidelines.:scratch:

• Agree Agree x 4
                      • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
                        Ratings:
                        +16,246
                        Well I am Harry Aardvark, so should be near the front of the queue :)

• Funny Funny x 5
                        • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                          +100,834
                          Well, sister was given an appointment by the Surgery Manager, Scrungee, which she only prioritised by age instead of additionally checking to see if the Pfizer vaccination was suitable for her:wallbanging: She can only safely have the Oxford vaccination as she suffers from Asthma which wasn't being offered by the Hospital so she had a wasted over 30 mile round trip just because her Surgery Manager hadn't checked properly:gaah::doh:

• Agree Agree x 1
                          • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                            +100,834
                            Name me something that isn't:dunno:, but I don't think it's a rife as you suggest.

• Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
                            Ratings:
                            +49,909
                            Well, I would be up the creek because although my surname begins with a B, they alphabetise by first name here! It is true. Maybe because folk have so many surnames here, which would you use?

• Like Like x 3